Feign Death + Trap Bug

Yeah this is really not turning out to be a faithful re-creation at all of how anything worked in Vanilla. In before all the gaslighters telling me my memory is just wrong.

10 Likes

Still broken but still paying $15.00 to play broken class. Sort of a catch 22. Bliz has no incentive to fix this if everyone keeps paying and playing. And anyone who thinks updating reference client to legion client was a good thing is a complete moron. There are so many more bugs in classic than there was in the original reference client.

4 Likes

Thank you for working on this. I found another FD bug you guys may not be aware of.

When both players are standing still, FD will not allow you to trap. The trap icons simply don’t light up until after five seconds of 0 combat.

As long as ONE person in combat is moving their character (in any direction), FD + Trap will usually work.

Also, if you FD, enemy pets keep attacking you.

Slowly but surely guys, we’re getting there. Then you can move on to fixing our other bugs (Like how crit% from talents doesn’t get calculated, or how Aimed Shot occasionally doesn’t fire at the end of its cast-time LOL)

Discovered that this bug only happens when you’re grouped with someone. An oversight on my part.

2 Likes

They’ve “fixed” this twice and it still isn’t any better than when you started.

That is not a good sign, considering this is the most prominent bug in the game and hundreds more exist.

Rogues aren’t even getting a glance their way and they have the exact same mechanic

1 Like

sorry but i’m still not leaving combat if my pet is in combat. look at the pet funtions not the FD there is a problem in the pets

1 Like

ding ding ding

WE HAVE A WINNER

And pets won’t leave combat properly until spell batching is completely removed from the game

/thread we solved the issue boys

3 Likes

I mean, its a little better (still pree bad tho) and I’m happy we have some employees who look like they give a Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea. But I’m sure this is mostly the fault of whatever jackass up top wanted to push this game out before it was ready.

But yeah, game is plagued w/ bugs. The other day a 60 rogue sapped me and it only lasted FOUR seconds, lmfao. I checked the combat log. Nothing hit me to break it, lol.

PS: Do we know whats going on w/ Scatter Shot? I hear a lot of people say it never shared DR back in vanilla w/ Freezing Trap (I played a rogue so I don’t remember) . I know blizz said its working on par w/ the reference client, but I hear the reference client is questionable.

Bump - I got locked out of Warlock infernal bug report thread for speaking to aggressively and openly. I hope it was just me that was locked out… Maybe they actually just locked the whole thread - cant tell. =/ .

Bro expect a week ban if you say anything resembling facts on these forums

I have faith that they will fix this BS batching ruining too many things by P2.

If its not fixed by then, we know what we are in for… I dont think I’ll be involved if things remain swept under the rug and not acknowledged. I’m sad for myself and the game in that case, but oh well - their stance will be clear by then.

Wow, it looks like they actually did lock that post.

Wow.

Time to pack it up boys.

Gods help you Blizzard, now you are truly lost

1 Like

I already canceled my sub. Game has too many bugs for me to spend this much time on it. I’ll come back in a year to see if they are ever sorted.

I don’t mind playing but I just can’t bring myself to invest the time to play the game in the state it’s in.

In terms of function, this isn’t Vanilla. You’ve got items in post vanilla states, entire DR tables in post Vanilla states, multiple and I mean MULTIPLE class bugs, general everything fake lag/batching stupidity, etc.

But, don’t worry folks, that one lamp that was white in Vanilla due to a missing texture is still white in Classic and some quest NPCs have dots for completed quests instead of ? just like Vanilla. Now let’s pat Blizz on the back for making sure they nailed the important sh1t.

I’ve seen smaller studios make better ports, hell I’ve worked with smaller studios to port games that were more diligent AND knew how to communicate.

6 Likes

Trap is also suffering some odd level of lag. I trapped a warrior the same level as me (38) as he walked over the trap he was able to hamstring me and do some white damage before the trap triggered and cced him. I don’t remember trap being this way. If I remember correctly, you lost control of your character the instant you triggered the trap. The warrior had a full second to act before being trapped, and that hamstring he got off was costly. It allowed his rogue friend to close in on me and that was that.

I remember warriors intercepting into a trap and being trapped during the movement of intercept. This warrior was done with his intercept and moving freely after the path of his intercept put him right over the trap.

It’s almost reroll time when stuff like this happens.

1 Like

You may be on to something here. . .

Yup yup. I remember seeing warrior’s get caught in traps during a charge/intercept.

Why am I not surprised anymore?

1 Like

A hunter trapped me in bear form in EPL, a full 10+ seconds later after he had mounted and ran away I see an auto attack hit him from 60 yards away for 350 damage.

lmfao

3 Likes

The game is so buggy it is not even funny. I have had mobs auto attack me through the floor, walls, and 60+ yards away. Other times mobs just stand there and freeze in place and not do anything.

I have used my vanish ability in PvP and my opponent can see me for seconds after I cast it, like literally 3-4 seconds and they destealth me. It is crazy.

3 Likes

When a target “DIES” it stops your auto attack even if you tab or select a new target. If your resource is depleted or if you have a channeled ability or casted ability sometimes it will not “Start the Attack” due to how the attack is coded as the ability is designed to not carry over the attack animation.

/startattack

Try that macro on every ability. As a warrior it works great and from testing it works perfect on every hunter ability
Do not use it on any CC ability or Feign Death macro unless you want to be a true “Huntard” and have all the memes.

Example as a warrior I have this.

Ranged: “BOW” ;cancels ravager proc
/dismount [mounted]
/startattack
/cast Shoot Bow
/cancelaura Bladestorm

Ranged: “GUN” ;cancels ravager proc
/dismount [mounted]
/startattack
/cast Shoot Gun
/cancelaura Bladestorm

Attack: “Sunder Armor” ;Activates Defensive Stance
#showtooltip Sunder Armor
/dismount [mounted]
/cast Defensive Stance
/startattack
/cast Sunder Armor

Attack: “Rend” ;Activates Defensive Stance
#showtooltip rend
/dismount [mounted]
/cast Defensive Stance
/startattack
/cast Rend

Engage: “Charge” ;activates battle stance
#showtooltip charge
/dismount [mounted]
/startattack
/cast battle Stance
/cast Charge

Those are just a few of the macros I have and the /startattack works great and has not failed to attack regardless of mob death, swapping targets, or resource restriction.

I hope that helps ya.

Mobs always have an increased range when attacking vertically. Its the same in retail. there are just more instances in where there are overpasses and underpasses in oldschool wow vs new wow.

However there is a bug currently in dungeons that randomly pulls mobs 20-60 yards away. So if you have streams or recordings with indepth addons showing all friendly dots on the targets as well as your own abilities and highlighting all npc abilities currently active with npc help yelling/screams it could help in determining the root cause. I personally think its due to an npc dying during the help scream and someone being in combat with a critter and the critter sends all combat being forced into the “yell/help” npc radius shortly after combat starts… (someone might want to let them know about this.)

AS FOR the stealth thing…

if you see something moving in a straight line… and it disappears… (follow the trajectory and speed) and shoot at its current path. HITS EVERY TIME

SOLUTION
Attempt to juke. After vanishing… And change your course after 1-2 seconds. When you vanish your “after image” still faces the way you were previously going. If you alter your course you will be much better at escaping.

Also warlocks and the human (racial) give increased stealth detection. Flare & Hunters Mark give direct stealth detection. Demoralizing shout and possibly demoralizing roar as well can break stealth and be increased in size to cover a ridiculously large range.

Knowing all those stealth counters can be beneficial in pvp. Also all npc companion dogs and sentry units have increased stealth detection. Many others do as well.

its better since the fix for sure, you can trap with a macro (shouldnt need to) but no drinking, eating. trinket swap or other general out of combat stuff works