Feign Death + Trap Bug

this is probably it tbh otherwise they would at least acknowledge it

Bumping for consistency… I will bump it everyday until we get a response from SOMEONE…

I’ve currently benched my hunter and won’t be picking him up until I get confirmation that this mechanic isn’t “working as intended.”

If it is, then hunters are completely in trouble for pvp in this classic game. There is absolutely no chance for you to get away if they happen to get into your dead zone which makes Wpvp awful.

My only prayer is to literally kite them until I’m blue in the face and hope for the best. Warrior intercepts are going off on me while I’m sitting at a 30 yard range. So if that buggy talent goes off at 30 yards when it’s supposed to be 20 yards, you’re as good as done sadly…

Hoping to hear from Blizz soon…

1 Like

I hope Blizz says something, or does something about it soon as well, until then, I wont pvp unless it is straight up ganking lowbies because anything else is pointless if I cannot use my class to its fullest in a fair fight because of a bug like this.

This is getting insane how blizz won’t acknowledge this bug for this long, how did this make it through beta? 100% agree with the things everyone said in this thread and I share everyone’s sentiments…
I come back after quitting for 4 years and this happens.
Time for all of us hunters to get out our pitchforks and torches!
I’m stubborn and not willing to reroll I’ll just unsub if it continues like this. I play this game to PvP and this is totally game breaking. I heard from hunters who played vanilla that they didn’t even have to put pet on passive and FD+trap just worked instantly while moving… I’ve tried macros and they’re just not reliable.

1 Like

Hello Blizzard Employee,
The Feign Death + Trap combo is not working in World of Warcraft Classic which makes hunters unable to compete in PVP. Are you guys looking into this issue? Is it too complicated to solve in the near future maybe? What’s up?
We are all wondering how this will look a few months down the line.

3 Likes

Daily bump. I fear as more people level up and find this frustrating feature and no response we’ll see people become more and more irate.

As a dev I also know bugs that seem small can take a long time. All we are asking for is any kind of acknowledgement. This will end up turning into a negative feedback loop where people become meaner out of frustration and b/c of that they feel even less inclined to help us. Blizz please respond.

3 Likes

Not going to unsubscribe but I can see a lot of hunters re rolling because of this

1 Like

Can people literally not get this to work or are people just mad it’s different than vanilla?

I have zero problems getting this to work 100% of the time in both PvP and PvE. Yes, you have to adapt by keeping your finger off the right mouse button but the people threatening to re-roll or unsubscribe are hilarious.

1 Like

Upload a video of it working for you. I highly doubt you’re somehow immune to the 2-3 second delay on FD while everyone else is having problems. You’re probably just fighting potatoes that don’t know how to re-target a hunter that used FD in a timely manner. 2-3 second delay = any half decent player can re-target and keep you in combat indefinitely before you’re able to even drop a trap.

Can i post my twitch here? I will stream it if people are interested in seeing it working.

Its DEFINITELY not 2-3 seconds

I’d recommend streaming and clipping it from Twitch and then posting the clip here, so people can come look at it when you aren’t live as well.

My experience with FD has been that it takes 2-3 seconds before combat drops no matter what I try. Pet or no pet, macro or no macro, nothing seems to get rid of the delay between the time I press FD and combat dropping.

100%? Please post a video because I have trouble believing this. People already know you need to not be moving 100%, the issue is that combat isn’t dropped instantly/quick enough and in that time frame you come back into combat before you can trap (you or your pet is being hit). You’re saying you just hit that one button and you’ve FD/trapped? What’s the macro you use?

And FWIW I would have no problems if this is “just the way it is” but Blizz needs to clarify and then people can re-roll/unsub or adapt.

1 Like

0 problems? 100% of the time? I have trouble believing this if your playing the class to it’s fullest potential

When you say adapt your practically admitting that this wasn’t how it was in vanilla

I already laid out a foolproof plan several days ago if someone REALLY wants this to get real attention. Post 234.

Go to their HQ, make a spectacle in person, take some signs and pratfall on the concrete during their lunch-hour or when the staff shows up to work for the day.

1 Like

Over halfway through week three and the silence continues. During vanilla we would have had a response by now. Vanilla this is not!

Never said it was the same.

/stopattack
/petfollow
/cast feign death

manual traps

Yeah, I’m gonna need to see a video then because all these people can’t possibly be doing it wrong. And I have pretty much the same macro as you except the cast trap at the end with a [nocombat] flag so spamming it should be the same result. I can do it manually but always have to factor in the delay. I really find it incredulous that you can do this 100% in the heat of the moment while manually trapping lol.

1 Like

So if it’s not the same then this is a issue regardless if you can really get it to work or not

I’m level 36 and didn’t even train fd since I didn’t wanna waste the gold😐