Feign Death + Trap Bug

no you won’t

1 Like

I notice FD works reliably in PVE, even though there is a small delay most times. I haven’t had many opportunities to test it in PVP. It may not be instant, but it’s better than it was.

(Doesn’t mean its fixed though)

“Reliably” isn’t the word I would use to describe it, even in PVE.

3 Likes

it still doesnt work properly. would have been alot easier to release the game on 1.12 client tbh

1 Like

for PvE it is working. It does take a GCD till trap triggers which is not helping one bit. But as some have said its better then it use to be.
Granted im not on a PvP realm so I dont have to worry about that in open world but for dungeon trapping its been working for me. Just drag the mob out a bit farther then you need to so you give yourself some space to play with.

1 Like

This is 100% still NOT working. I have tried it 100 different ways, different macros etc. It will “fire” like 1 out of 20 tries. Bottom line, it’s still NOT working. This makes hunter totally not playable on PVP servers.

2 Likes

I have to agree. Had a rogue on me, it takes a lot of discipline to take your hand off the mouse and manually hit FD and then wait to manually hit trap…I tried and failed on this particular time so after I waited for all that to go on and ended up FD on the ground for a few seconds while not dropping a trap it’s pretty much a done deal. Pretty terrible all around.

1 Like

FD still trash. fun stuff

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been said, not going through all 536 replies, but if you set up your macro and tap it twice (with a slight delay), it works. It’ll say spell not ready, but you FD the first time (pet goes on passive per your macro) and drops the trap with the second hit. I understand you shouldn’t have to, but that got it to work for me.

1 Like

You always had to hit it twice. First press breaks combat, second press drops trap.

The issue is that it is supposed to be instant, not on a delay.
Even now with a grey mob attacking me I have to feign death and continue to spam the macro because god only knows when combat will actually drop.

In testing sometimes I don’t even drop combat (not resisted) and people are speculating this has something to do with your pet’s combat status, which again, shouldn’t matter.

A rapid double tap of the key should always drop a trap, but that isn’t the case right now. The spell is behaving inconsistently and not in anyway working as it did in 1.12.

Sorry if you know these things, I think I actually read all 536 replies :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So can you explain then why in a fight, feign death and disengage, just completly fail, yet the mana is gone , i get disengage is an attempted mechanic, but feign death ? 4 mobs are attacking you, you feign, 3 run off but the 4th is still attacking you ? Or the lock up on for say 8 seconds, on auto attack as well as spell casting, and the only way to get it to unlock is change direction or jump ?

That isn’t called Batching, Your Artificial Lag is Broken, and needs fixed. It is severaly interfering with the AIfor pets on locks and hunters. Hell half i have to keep my pet on passive the entire instance, which is no big deal, that is called pet control, but when it decideds to run to the end Boss and start attacking it in SM, and we just got in the door to it ? Thats rediculous. It’s a mob i can’t even target ffs. So how would my pet have that, I have numerous recordings of these situations. it is one of the biggest complaints from everyone, lag is one thing, this is completley different, it is affecting druids, Hunters, and healers to no end.

7 Likes

Disengage seems to be working fine. It’s just a threat reduction like a rogue’s feint or priest’s fade. The tooltip text is a bit misleading because it makes it sound like you should leave combat, but it just stops your auto attack and reduces threat.

Here’s one… drop trap then fd. If fd works, great; if it fails you can disengage and have a good chance your prey will be trapped. Mightn’t be an elegant solution but it works.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 Like

Something else to consider which might be hindering Blizz in fixing this issue - mob combat status: secondary aggro and persistence through CC. I’ll explain-

Secondary aggro: another player’s tagged mob aggroing on you from across the map simply because you exist. I had a mob who was in the middle of fighting a warrior who was actively fighting the mob turn and aggro on me as I rode by for no good reason. Same thing can occur when a player evades a mob, the mob will sometimes aggro into any player it crossed along the way even if the player took no action on the mob or the other player it was chasing.

Next is the persistence through CC: something is causing mobs who are smack in the middle of a long CC to continue attacking, casting, etc. Not taking about a hit or spell going off at the same moment as the CC due to a batch, I’m talking 3 or 4 seconds in a mob will attack or cast a spell while feared, sheeped, etc. Something is causing this lock in combat.

Additionally, mobs can stack auto-attacks at range, while CC’d, being kited, etc and deliver all auto attacks at once. This isn’t a flurry or thrash or mob ability, mobs without this ability on their table can do it, too, sometimes 4, 5, 6 attacks in a single hit absolutely chunking health bars.

Now - with all of these bugs in mob behavior, it is possib… what am I saying of COURSE combat behavior and state is broken, causing issues with breaking combat until some failure state is reached after several loops through the routine that would otherwise do it’s job, but somehow can’t because the combat state is bugged.

This same method/function may be used similarly for player versus player to break combat, but the combat state/loop itself might be bugged or broken in some way.

It’s like feeding damage through a calculation to see how much a mob/character’s armor will reduce the damage - you don’t need to write that math everywhere in a game, just once then pass the damage and armor values to it and let it spit a number back out. Similarly, entering/exiting combat states might use the same methods between players and mobs, which can cause issues in either scenario.

Couple this with inconsistent batching, what feels like some abilities (especially pet) are fed through a batch to activate the ability and THEN the ability is sent through another batch when executing like if I Spell Lock, my pet feels like it enters a batch on WHEN to cast Spell Lock then when the ability is executed, the affect is applied in another batch, which explains why I can’t time the ability the same way I used to, I have to cast it up to a full second before I want it to go off and sometimes it will go off, be applied, not resisted and still not prevent the cast.

So all of this combined and here we are - I still haven’t seen a Hunter feign and trap like I used to in Vanilla. That ish was instant. Before the fake death animation was even finished the hunter would be breaking out with attacks and already laid a trap.

It’s quite possible it’s a primordial soup of bugs both combat state methods and batching/fake lag weirdness all coming together to screw things up.

They will have to look at what is breaking combat state on mobs which can also affect players if conditional loops are shared between the two like my damage math example earlier.

Hmmm.

Anyhow. Bump for my Hunter Bros and Broettes.

1 Like

Yeah, man. I think you’re right that this is an all-encompassing bug that is effecting lots of various classes and abilities right now. Some are more noticeable than others.

hoping to hear something about this! There is def. some funkiness going on.

They keep talking about a reference client… I wonder why we didn’t get that.

We didn’t get the reference client because it was developed using WoW’s original engine. Classic is 1.12 updated to the legion engine. This update was ultimately a good idea in light of better, faster and more capable computer equipment.

Bump for Hunter justice!

We need to keep this going. I want to enjoy my hunter and this is a significant bug. They need to address this. The fact that it occasionally works is not justification to leave it as-is.