That’s still not really what rhetorical means, but ok.

Don’t think Power Rangers lore has anything to do with World of Warcraft, and it’s still an unnecessarily unrealistic timescale regardless.

The Reap The Storm effect isn’t a bladestorm, and doesn’t break roots or snares.

Demolish only provides immunity to Stuns, knockbacks, and forced movement effects. That is far from CC immunity. You can still be interrupted with disorient, and incapacitation effects.

The only class/specs in the game that don’t have an instant cast way to stop Demolish are non-enhancement Shaman, and Evokers.

We can cover every 2nd(ish, depending on CDR) demolish with Berserker Rage to become immune to most incapacitate effects. However, the following classes retain an instant cast ability that will CC us and cancel the effect:

• Death Knight
  • Demon Hunter’s (if they take Detainment)
  • Hunter
  • Mage
  • Paladin
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Warlock
  • Warrior

It would be pretty nuts in Bladestorm applied Sharpen Blade for its full duration as well as 10 seconds afterwards.

The healing reduction in PvP from the new Storm of Destruction is 25% with a 10 second duration (the same as Mortal Strike). Sharpen Blade is a 50% healing reduction with a 4 second duration.

4 Likes

No it doesn’t warrant a nerf. You need to learn to play better instead of coming here to the beta feedback forums and in bad faith demanding nerfs to underperforming classes because you suck at PvP.

Again, warriors do ZERO healing. Only self-healing, and they need that self-healing, it’s a big part of their core kit.
Evokers have a ton of self-healing as well.

3 Likes

Evokers have the worst self healing of each class actually. That shows me you know nothing of the situation if this self healing crisis we have. You simply want to keep your second wind overtuned and your crazy active and passive self healing. No dps class except a hybrid should be healing like this. Demon hunter is the same way. Give evoker second wind and impending victory and heal to full effects like everyone else if this is what’s going to be allowed.

youre arguing with someone who pves almost exclusively about pvp.

pvp isnt tuned yet. wait til they start tuning because rn no one dies anyway. second wind does seem problematic

Please I’m begging you undo this change Blizzard this feels terrible and Blademaster Torment now feels dead, if you want lower the time of Bladestorm or lower the damage but please this makes Avatar and the flow of arms feel terrible please undo

5 Likes

Why should a hybrid class self-heal better in practice than a non-hybrid class, especially when said non-hybrid is traditionally an endurance brawler?

In your context, “hybrids” are “hybrids” because…

1. they have on-demand healing (in addition to or in place of some part of their obligatory/“free” self-sustain), and
  2. they can use that on-demand healing on others.

But that’s it. It’s an addendum to or capacity siphoned from self-sustain.

And if you’re not willing to waste the GCDs to perform that additional healing anyways, why should, say, a leather-wearing caster, or even a rabid cat, out-endure a “too angry to die” plate-wearing Berserker?

Every class uses magic in some form.

• You do not near-instantaneously leap 35 meters while wearing 100 kgs of armor without some degree and form of innate magic; else, you’d be able to do so repeatedly until having exhausted yourself in general (which, funnily enough, would then function all the more like Mana does on a classic caster).
  • Nor can one cause earthquakes, create sonic blasts capable of inflicting immediate and severe hemorrhage, reflect spells, or heal oneself by hitting others… without, again, some degree and form of innate magic.
  • Hunters, meanwhile, pull traps out of their butt cracks, have infinite ammo, and fire flintlocks at over 4 shots per second, can turn “camouflage” even without cover, and can vault backwards off of thin air.

I have never seen “magic” brought into a question of capacities except out of self-serving bias. It’s irrelevant. Different specs have different niches. Warrior’s DPS specs’ are the 5-cap brawler.

6 Likes

Honestly I disagree entirely. It’s just shifting which talents you play. Personally I like the change a lot, and it makes me feel like I can play other for single target or blademasters for very obviously cleave matchups or depending on affix’s in M+

The very high uptime on sweaping strikes if played right is much more enjoyable then a send and forget baby bladestorm.

It’s better to just ignore this guys posts. He’s been trolling on and off for a few days. It’s very likely the only reason he jumped into another class-sections forums before blizzard is even close to done with beta/numbers tuning (Which is traditionally what they do near the last few weeks not the start of beta.)

That or he’s just very likely very in-experienced in PvP as his achievements suggest. It happens with a lot of people newer to pvp that see something as “Overpowered” when they can’t beat it. We’ve all been there, bad Cooldown choices at bad times, poorly optimized use of defensives, bad cc setup so on.

My experience with the new warrior talents and hero talents have been pretty positive. I am happy to see distinctive and different play styles for the hero talents and I’m happy to see the hero talents are mostly passive in effect and don’t change what a warrior feels like.

My only major issue i have with warriors is the lack of added group utility. In a game where meta determines who the masses invite to their group based on major group utilities (combat rez, blood lust, mystic touch, chaos brand, anti- magic zone, etc) warriors bring the least group support out of all the classes currently and thus if you don’t tank you are less likely to be invited to groups. Our one real support we offer with rallying cry seems to be over shadowed by mages mass barrier. I would love to see warriors get some kind of group utility making them more valuable to a group. Give them a war cry that gives blood lust, a debuff to enemies that increases group wide damage, a healing hook chain that acts like death grip like they have in sod to provide some added control. Add a talent that buffs rallying cry to reduce damage coming to all affected. Just something that fits the theme.

3 Likes

The discussion was not just about PvP. Vokej demanded to nerf warrior self-healing in general.

And I quote:

And then proceeded to LIE to further their point:

Also warrior self-healing in PvP was already gutted, warriors heal less in PvP than in PvE.

Wait until Vokej does some solo shuffle and encounters paladins (1% to 100% heal in a gcd), maybe that would change their minds about warriors self-healing too much.

2 Likes

Fury Warrior Slayer:
Again I’d like to point out that the spec desyncs our Recklessness and Bladestorm.
If they are not meant to always be used in conjuction, then Bladestorm can have a shorter cooldown as it did back in Shadowlands.

1 Like

I have to disagree here. It doesn’t solve the issue of the other talents feeling good. It just makes the other talents more appealing since this was nerfed. But, they still feel meh.

1 Like

I mean, they still haven’t fixed slayer at all from what I’ve played, so still untestable

1 Like

The word hybrid is a meme thrown around. Hybrids were almost never real. Quick trip down memory lane…
Only hybrid that ever properly existed was druid iirc, paladin was meant to be a hybrid but instead acted more as a healer or buff bot.

Tank wasn’t even a real role in vanilla, every “tank” is just a highly geared warrior that equipped his shield and a top tank build was fury/prot iirc. Burning Crusade “hybrids” if you can call them that were a mess then they added DK the best class at everything during its expansion and that was the end of anything resembling the hybrid meme.

No one hearing it knows what it is meant to be, no one can define it themselves, no one can point to in game examples except some old druid specs in the jurassic era of WoW.

1 Like

DK’s tank spec back then was Frost. I was a sad panda when they changed it to Blood.

1 Like

ARMS general:

The removal of whirlwind when taking cleave was a huge step in the right direction.

For colossus and slayer, we can improve on this further as the bloat is still there.

I am looking primary at the interaction between Rend, skull splitter and thunderclap w/ blood and thunder regardless of hero specialization.

I would remove blood and thunder entirely leaving T clap as largely a defensive sort of option of Arms for the AOE slow in the main tree, albeit not as strong as piercing howl.

I would then move blood and thunder aspect of spreading rend as a different passive node in the ARMS tree so when you overpower you spread rend to all nearest targets if you have Rend on your primary target.

I would remove Skull splitter entirely. I would modify the bloodletting talent node so that when you blade storm or ravager it does what skull splitter did causing targets to bleed out faster. Pure single target you probably taking ravager anyway and for AOE blade storm.

Rage regeneration tuned in mind of all this with rend cost going up.

Fury general:

Maybe some love to Odyn’s fury as an option.

Colossus:

Demolish feels good so the tree itself is fine. Class fantasy of a big chunky hit is good while monitoring stacks and timing.

Slayer:

Just needs some tuning.

Mountain Thane:

Just further tuning.

Visuals:
Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I hate the ravager animation and it doesn’t make sense as we don’t use magic besides the lightning imbued aspect for thane.

What would make more sense is if you had an animation that slammed your weapon into the ground at the target like the actual weapon you are using and then you do a series of bursty attack swinging viciously with another weapon you pull out from behind your back like a whole animation sequence.

Also, for thane the avatar should be larger or more noticeable and for colossus I would drag the animation further into the ground, so the attack feels even more weighty.

You’re remembering wrong. DK’s had the concept of having both tank and dps available to all specs, so you could Blood tank, Unholy tank, and Frost tank. It’s just that the “stance” that enabled tanking was Frost Presence, and it was available to every Death Knight.

That later got redesigned into Blood being the tank spec. Part of that was probably that it became the best performing spec by the end of Wrath, and the idea of using “a different type of tank” who was more about self-sustain appealed to Blizzard. People still used Frost spec in Frost Presence to “tank” certain encounters in Cataclysm despite being a dps spec, for fights that required kiting. That solely came down to being able to use Howling Blast from range to apply quick fast threat and slow mobs at the same time.

Druids were also a heal bot in Vanilla, outside of perhaps PvP and soloing.

Although to be fair, Warriors are hybrids too. Just hybrids that don’t have a heal spec. Any class with multiple roles is a hybrid class in WoW, which essentially goes back to the actual English definition of the word “hybrid”.

2 Likes

Please add attack speed ramp up for Single Minded Fury talent node for Berserker theme.

Oh. the season 1 war within warrior tier set like last season of shadowlands should have the face blotted out in black besides the lightning animations.

Warcraft faces have always looked a little goofy and it would make the set look a lot better over multiple race.

2 Likes