The interesting part is people skip much more trash on normal/heroic/mythic than in mythic+ because of the forced trash % requirement.

So I’m not sure how the blame gets put on mythic+ routes when mythic+ dungeons skip less things.

Ah, something that has actually happened.

Problem is, for the vast majority of players “The Meta” is only relevant in the sense that you’re more likely to get an invite from some rando in the LFG window if you’re playing a FOTM class/spec. For everything else, it doesn’t matter how much damage rogues, or warlocks, or survival hunters (lol) are doing in the hands of the top X% players.

agreed 100%

Correct. A huge portion of the playerbase pugs, and its very hard to do so as a spec that is perceived as bad.

Also, no matter what level of skill or content people play at, they don’t want to feel like they are holding themselves or their team back because they chose the wrong class/spec.

Pretty sure the people who pay their rent get to influence the game.

1 Like

why i dont like is making huge changes that gut some specs and drop them 2 tiers mid season. i think changes like this should be rerserved for patch days with a new season and they should actually test more in ptr or actually follow feedback

I agree. Esports has done a number on this game. Esports and RPG are like oil and water, they don’t mix and when you try one makes the other worse. You can have a good Esport or you can have a good RPG, but you can’t have both, and Esports suck so…

:dracthyr_shrug:

I think the game would be less balanced if there wasn’t esports

The entire concept of e"sports" is pretty cringe on top of everything else lol.

Well they shouldn’t, because they’re not.

What even are the “meta” DPS specs this season. Outside of like…outlaw?..I don’t think I’ve seen any class that’s any sort of outlier.

Ion doesn’t run this game for you (or me). He runs it for the way he likes to play. Don’t want to play like Ion? There’s the door…

He doesn’t appear to care what this does to subscription numbers.

Between AWC, MDI, TGP, and Race to world first where there are all sponsored teams competing… your idea of it not being an esport, is in fact wrong

Not saying I promote the game going this path, as I really don’t, but you can’t claim the game is “not an esport” when it’s being developed that way and has been for years

1 Like

Take a shot each time you read eSports. o7

Tried this, croaked of alcohol poisoning halfway thru thread, gg.

1 Like

I read the title, the first post, and the following 10… no idea what this is about.

I’m actually surprised that they have Arena World Championship when this game is balanced around PvE. I actually feel bad for the participants. They get so good at one class and one comp that if they aren’t the current FOTM then they just have no hope of winning.

Players will treat it like an esport regardless of how it is designed, the sooner you accept it the better off you will be.

Which is why devs should never be designing anything for esports pros.

They will make anything a competition. The game doesn’t have to be designed for them or tailored for them.