Literally full stop.

This game was not created for Esports.

This game is not supposed to be an Esport.

Do not try to make this game an Esport.

Raids are not supposed to be designed for Esports.

PvP/Mythic+ are not supposed to be designed for esports.

If Esports can exist and flourish without devs then that’s great. But the game should never be designed for Esports pros.

103 Likes

I mean I feel the same way… For me it takes them too long to balance stuff… And honestly I don’t think very many people actually care about it.

Like they’re going to great lengths that just seem fruitless.

6 Likes

Name some ways that esports has anything to do with current “design.”

3 Likes

Of all the possible complexities in video games wow ranks fairly high simply because you can put hundreds in the same room competing, just in effect the players don’t milk the strategy enough, unless its 6 people in a room, then the mouthbreathers love it.

People like you never want an actual well-thought response. They want a bullet-point list to say “you’re wrong.”

3 Likes

So vague gesturing it is, then. Got it.

3 Likes

Look at Sepulcher of the First ones.

But I’m guessing you have no intention of ever acknowledging real proof because you are obsessed with defending something you aren’t even personally involved in.

12 Likes

What? That bosses were overtuned when the only people who were going to see them for weeks/months were the dreaded esports tryhards anyway?

1 Like

Sepulcher was the most nerfed raid in the history of WoW you clown.

It literally just highlighted how the game has become WAY too focused on mythic world first raiders and has lost sight on how the game should literally be fun needs to come first, not, what will echo and liquid and method do when we release this? The devs literally have a private discord server to talk to the world first raiders.

6 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years. It’s the fundamental cause of everything wrong with modern WoW. They both design and tune the game around their top 5% esports, world 1st raid, MDI and rated arena. The other 95% of the player base suffers because of it.

Not to mention that the toxic mentality of min/maxing and exploiting every available advantage starts with the esports players and trickles down to the entire community.

Bad game design, bad game behavior and it’s all encouraged and rewarded by both the Devs and the esports players.

26 Likes

5% is extremely generous.

If there are like 1000 people involved in all the world first mythic raid guilds then they would still be a fraction of a fraction of a single percent.

4 Likes

I agree that it is most likely far less than that, rounding up to the 5% for example, the real number could easily be 1-2% of the player base which makes it far worse that they are catering to such a small minority at the expense of everyone else’s enjoyment.

3 Likes

Blizzard really never got over how much of a monster Dota became and has been trying to create their own version of that ever since to much embarrassment and failure

3 Likes

Ya tired of bad decisions coming to WoW because of what the 0.01% does.

Oh world first guilds abused personal loot and armor stacked? WHO CARES

Changes shouldn’t punish the other 99% who play

16 Likes

It’s WAY less than 1% or 2%.

It’s like 0.00001% of the community that they are designing the raids and dungeons for. That’s why they constantly nerf the raid and dungeon after release, because it wasn’t designed for you, it was designed for Echo and Liquid.

2 Likes

WoW wasn’t designed from the beginning to be an E-sport, and forcing it into one only hurts the game.

Nobody wants to watch WoW E-sports in the first place, lmfao.

Blizzard just wants to force it so they can own teams for $$$, just like with Overwatch.

They saw what Dota 2 and League of Legends were doing, and got dollar signs for eyes, and began to drool.

WoW is an RPG. MMORPG.

RPG =/= E-sport, about as far from it as you could be. It’s an individual on an adventure.

16 Likes

They ended up ruining what would have been a stellar map community for SC2 because of this.

3 Likes

Honestly no that was a mod created by a third party and blizzard did pretty good with Overwatch.

I imagine it’s the same feeling Nickelodeon got after turning down “Adventure Time”, lolol

Oof, they must’ve been bitter.

2 Likes

Adventure time is legendary tho so at least we got a legend.

1 Like