Yeah i was not shocked at all when they said they built that raid for the top 2 guilds.

1 Like

Because it literally was built for the top 2 RWF guilds lol.

I don’t feel like i’m e-sporting when I play WoW

Look what happened with HoTS. Even though it was doing well on a casual front the e-sports failed to make DOTA, or LoL level money right off the bat. so they pulled the plug.

3 Likes

Man, “Esports” is such a great trigger word for people. You can say it and everyone gets mad instantly. You can blame every bad thing in the game on it and there will be a good chunk of people just screaming with you, no matter if there actually is a connection or not.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the baby version of League?

One of my friend got the highest rank playing just using their feet.

How has this affected you personally? Like specifically. Not a vague gesture to something that may affect someone somewhere some time, but share with us your specific personal experience with being harmed by what you’re talking about.

The “toxic” mentality of some people trying to be the best at what they’re doing…:clown_face: The nerve of some people. Lmao god this place gets pathetic takes

I have discussed this topic with guildies before, I am of the opinion that they should have their own server where they can clone their characters to and do whatever crazy tuning/time gating/e-sports shenanagins they like for bragging rights.

Leave the rest of us to enjoy the other 99.99% of the game tailored to us.

3 Likes

But, then they’d lose out on money!

lmao too late for that buddy

But they have a long track record of making top notch esports games :)))

what would happen is someone would type up 3-4 thought out paragraphs that discuss the topic and that guy would respond “not reading that”. Seen it directly in response to my own posts on these forums. Some people want to argue so hard, they would tell firefighters to leave their burning house alone, in as few words as possible

doesnt take a brain to realise they are shoehorning “esports” into aspects of the game that arent even “sport” worthy activities. Yet they do, and they try hard to promote them with odd sounding names like “great push”. Something about alot of exertion to give birth to something that has no place in the game

But what about the timers? The CC chains? What will we do without all the frustration?

The only people that care about e-sports are young jaded losers with no goals in life, who think they might have what it takes to be a professional gamer.

Until they finally wake up and realize they don’t.

It’s like when Eminem blew up and suddenly every white kid in the suburbs was a rapper with blonde hair in a white plain t-shirt.

Or becoming a famous streamer.

Or hitting it big in Crypto!

Also building the systems in a game around that, does so much damage to the prospects of a young person, who shouldn’t be devoting their entire waking existence to such a fruitless endeavor.

They have all the metrics. They know how many people they have addicted, siphoning their lives away on this game.

But all they can think to do is to lean into it harder.

I honestly wonder sometimes how many of these teen age mass shooters are sweaty tryhards in wow mythic raiding guild who lost their mind after they lost a super rare mythic piece to someone else from the last boss of a s1 mythic raid after not sleeping for 3 days straight to wipe endlessly until they finally kill it.

It’s not healthy at all and these people turn into straight sociopaths that think they are better than everyone based on their unhealthy status in a video game.

Would sure be nice if Blizzard didn’t resort to such depravity for the sake of profit.

That’s all I know.

5 Likes

what are you talking about? explain in detail instead of vague empty phrases how this game is made for Esports

Mythic+ is designed to be a timed run, its not made to be an esport. The amount of people that just throw that term out is mind numbing. Imagine being this angry about something you dont understand at all

2 Likes

I would be pretty happy if all ‘esport’ aspects disappeared from the game.

4 Likes

OP doesn’t know what esports actually means.

1 Like

Is wow even a relevant e-sport? Me thinks not.

Define Esports. There are people struggling with like 2’s on the forum somewhere i’m sure and lfr too.

Oh man, this needs to be a pop up that the game directors have to read every day on their computers.