Spellslinger should be awesome without a tier set.

1 Like

I guess we can forget about any more major changes coming. The announcement of an August release for TWW just dashed all of those hopes, lol. Gonna be a wild ride with such a short Beta testing window. Better strap in!

1 Like

Sounds about right. Blizz is back to how they normally do things lol.

1 Like

Last week I said spellslinger felt great, and nerfed already. :woozy_face:

Can you guys get rid of Cold Front. I wouldn’t take it if it was on the first row. Frost needs something exciting since you gutted the Hero talents today. Give us a capstone that feels good, and not something that’s been in the game for 10 years.

The folks over on Wowhead datamined some pretty heavy handed nerfs to Spellslinger in the latest Beta build.

Not really sure if it was warranted or more of a knee-jerk reaction to all the PvP streamers doing some pretty impressive things with it. If their views and opinions are going to be solely determinative when it comes to balancing (as usual) all I can say is: I am just glad I plan to play Sunfury, lol.

1 Like

I was looking forward to playing this spec when I first heard of the idea of mages combining their different specs into one small tree is an idea I love.

Spellslinger is a huge disappointment. Just playing around with it for a few minutes already made me know how little effort has been put into this spec. It’s all passive gameplay with visual effects that are laughably bad, just unacceptable right now. Frostfire has a nice looking new spell with great new gameplay that changes their rotation but not so drastic that it makes the core specs feel alienated.

Spellslinger though is just dull in every way, it doesn’t feel like an arcane and frost spec, it just feels hollow, lazy and boring. Frostfire is already going to be the most popular because of its nostalgia alone and I figured these other two mage specs would have something that would make them pop but they don’t. In the case of Spellslinger, it disappoints in every aspect.

2 Likes

I made a thread about this a month ago, but it got buried, so I’d like to reiterate it here.

Before some of the later alpha builds, the talent “Look Again” made Displacement create a Mirror Image duplicate at the position you teleport from. This benefit was removed. I am vehement to say that it should remain.

Displacement, in general, is a rarely used talent in PvE because of its costly positioning in the tree and niche use cases in comparison to the other row 8 and 9 talents (namely Dragon’s Breath, Ice Cold, Greater Invis, and Mass Barrier/Invis). Having it create a Mirror Image would have made it way more fun to use, offering a very interesting defensive benefit for both PvE and PvP (consider that the mirror image shoots Frostbolts and could proc Reabsorption/Reduplication). It would also perfectly fit the Spellslinger fantasy of innovating and splitting the mage’s spells for unique effects. Without the Mirror Image, Look Again is merely an unimpactful, unexciting buff to an already unpopular spell.

1 Like

Well I was thinking the devs would make it op out of hubris so it actually got usage. Womp womp. Have ya’ll seen the destro hero spec that makes demons pop out of the void and nuke everything? Sparkle gattling gun just doesn’t seem to cut it in context.

2 Likes

Nobody likes Spellslinger… it just sucks. As a Frost main I feel like I have been shafted not only as a Frost mage but got screwed out of a potentially really cool hero class with Arcane/Frost. This will honestly be my last complaint. I feel like I’m screaming into the void. Blizz obviously does not give a damn.

5 Likes

The theme sucks, the gameplay sucks, the aesthetics suck. Sorry Blizzard, you just did not do this hero talent tree any justice. Feeling like we’re stuck with a dud hero talent tree and Arcane’s rework being much worse off than it’s starting point.

Thank you for listening to our feedback!

3 Likes

Spellslinger is still in a state of essentially feeling like it’s 100% passive for Arcane, this is not a good thing at all, period.

Splinterstorm should be a buff you can store for manual activation through its own dedicated button so you have control over choosing when to remove a target from existence.
Splinters work up to proccing a Splinterstorm which are stored separately to prevent proc munching/denying the flow of working toward a future Splinterstorm and then Splinterstorm is its own manual button press for when you want to fire it off.

Currently Spellslinger feels like you have a random proc that activates another random proc so you have essentially zero control over your damage, double randomness never ever feels good to play with.

3 Likes

I suppose best option is having passive Splinterstorm as a choice node with active ability Splinterstorm (off-GCD), so that both people who want to control it and people who don’t want to bother with additional button can have a suitable option.
Already suggested that in my post in Mage beta thread.

1 Like

I agree but don’t say that in front of Reno. :rofl:

1 Like

The only thing I like about Spellslinger is its cool new icon.

1 Like

you can get arcane orb refunds, that alone makes it incredible, also when you have arcane surge up you put up twice the needles which is awesome. Spellslinger is definetely top 3 hero talents of all the classes if not top 1 .

1 Like

Go look at other classes’ trees and still try to say that Spellslinger has ANY interesting interactions.

1 Like

They must really be scraping the barrel then, because nothing mage-related looks enough to make me want to play TWW.

1 Like

Just feels a bit boring compared to the other couple. Maybe adding in a fun mobility skill might give it a bit of spice.

Not even need to look far. Just look at Sunfury.