^ this right here.
as someone who played horde from vanilla to icc, then had RL friends talk me into switch factions to raid with them, i can honestly say this is 100% correct. a majority of ally do not want to pvp, or at least not work for it. they rather get carried in bgs and arena and will leave after the first wipe. sure there’s horde that do this too,l but i’d be willing to bet there’s far more alliance doing it than horde.

1 Like

You mean like how the horde get to have fast queues AND the massive PvP population advantage?

3 Likes

and yet alliance in the forums still whine and cry how OP horde racials is the reason why there’s so much of an “imbalance”.

i guess when people believe a story, it’s best to stick with it and keep pushing it, right?

1 Like

If you want alliance perks play alliance, if you want horde perks play horde. Alliance have poor pvp perks and fast queue times, horde have BiS perks and long times. Its not fair to have the best pvp racials and the instant queue times. It just isnt. This is how everyone that wants to pvp rerolls horde, leaving the rest of us screwed over.

2 Likes

after running bgs all day, here’s my thoughts and observations:

1. queue times are awesome. finally we can play a game the way it’s meant to be played.
  2. premades need to either be broken up or kept but matched against another, with pugs filling in any empty slots.
  3. this morning started out fun- i suppose from not many knowing about the changes at the time; it was pugs vs. pugs. bgs were really fun and even won a few. as people learned of the change, more and more premades must’ve started joining. the last 4-5 bgs were pugs vs. premades, and i’m sure you guessed it- they were all loses. people start afking after the first flag caps or wipes and whine to the rest of the team to just “let em have it”.

the change does look promising, but something needs to be done about premades… honestly, it’s no different from a bunch of solo pugs vs. a team full of twinks.

6 Likes

You can remove racials from the game ,I would never switch to the side of these cry babies. When humans got two trinkets it still didn’t even cross my mind. I have a feeling most Horde feels the same other than the top 0.1% elite PVP arena guys. Literally doesn’t impact the criers negatively at all just makes it possible for the other faction to get rewarded as well. The logic that making the game worse for one faction to force them into joining the opposite faction is beyond stupid. PVP lovers are way more likely to quit all together than being forced to join alliance.

3 Likes

I just discovered that I don’t get to wear a mask if I’m playing against the Horde.

Burn it all down.

1 Like

Just wanted to know if Alliance can get free faction change to Horde during this time, the 30-40% Alliance vs 60-70% is just too balanced. Should be 5% Alliance and 95% Horde. And now that Horde can get pvp gear faster should be the push we need. Thanks.

9 Likes

You do know that they already do that… on retail… the irony that a) you’re advocating against retail while simultaneously advocating a retail feature AND b) the fact that this was implemented on retail and STILL DIDN’T WORK… well it’s pretty embarrassing.

Warmode gives alliance bonuses Horde don’t get on Retail, yet the global playerbase in retail is still far over the majority horde.

2 Likes

Been having a blast! Thanks for the change :)!

Yeah and that’s the game’s fault, not the Horde playerbase. Why are you trying to blame the Horde because Blizzard circa 14 years ago couldn’t balance racials in PvP? Would you rather Blizzard change pvp racials in TBC classic? I can guarantee you you’d complain about “#nochanges” if they did.

Not to mention, how OP even are Horde racials these days? Do you really think a silence or stun every 2 minutes is going to be the difference in 95% of BGs (since the overwhelming majority of BGs are stomps either way)?

really sucks that you have set up win sharing, watching guildies give free kills to other guildies … why would you not make horde vs horde cross sever … seems a little stupid

2 Likes

After playing for awhile today ive noticed that players just give up before a game even starts if its a premade. Would be nice to break up premades or have them only que against other premades the player base weak will makes it less fun for the players that want to atleast attempt to play.

1 Like

6 hours of Queuing with a pre made and it has been amazing. 1 loss. tons of honor. tons of marks. this is a gud gud 100% change.

haven’t seen any proof of it all day… do you have actual proof or just talking out your azz like the rest of em?

1 Like

this is what happens when everyone has instant queues. now yall are gonna rally to break premades cuz horde vs horde premade isn’t “fair.” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Terrible change. Please find another solution to bg queues for horde. This system removes one of the only remaining reasons why people would continue to roll alliance. I would prefer not to see this game become retail, where one faction is the only one that matters…

5 Likes

LOL such awesome sarcasm that hopefully leads to this actually being possible. well played! let the scales tip further to truly show bliz how bad they messed this one up!

thank you blizzard!!! I can finally play the game. I can not sit here for 3 hours at a time most days and I love that I can queue bgs and play the game!!!

1 Like

The prevalence of full team premades makes it unpleasant to queue solo. There’s no incentive to participate in these games because there’s no chance to win against a coordinated group. So the non-premade team just does the minimum not to be afk and farms honor through losses. More efficient than 1 hour queues but not fun at all.

I’m not really a fan of the masks for aesthetic reasons.

4 Likes