that has nothing to do with pack leader-ing though. I 'm sure sentinel will have more tool-esque abilities

1 Like

Which is prob gonna be closer in design to the hybrid of MM/SV that we’re getting later

1 Like

What are you talking about?
SV casts twice less kill commands and unlike BM with BW, sv has no way to reduce coordinated assault CD

But this is a Pack master tree focused on improving pets and synergy with pets. What does any of that have to do with bombs?

1 Like

I think it would be cool if there was a node that allows Survival to proc Beast Cleave somehow, possibly from butchery or carve. And the BM equivalent could be something like Bloodseeker since that would help BM proc barbed resets.

1 Like

The tree seems to be a bit too safe and doesn’t require much thought to utilize. If it gets some iteration I hope that they go further than just Kill Command does more damage if X happens.

If we feel like this is locked in, some quick feedback. Can the choice node Beasts of Opportunity be adjusted to include Spearhead or Coordinated Assault? The two cooldowns play very differently and during season 1 of Dragonflight both were chosen depending on the situation (CA for M+, SH for Raid). Since taking both CDs in a situation is not practical due to talent point constraints it would be nice to have either or work for the node.

there’s actually a lot of gameplay synergy on this tree for survival :+1:

That was my first assumption, but much will depend on stuff we can’t yet be certain about. If it’s less powerful (bonus KC doesn’t give Focus, Wild Instincts stacks, etc.), for instance, it will have fewer constraints but also less consequent spam (of MB).

If the more optimistic are right about the fine details, though, it will neither be quite disruptive nor insignificant.

To be fair, that’s literally what hero trees are made for as well

I love pack leader so far. The only thing i would change would be Call of the Wild being involved in the capstone. Make that Bestial Wrath instead and this is 10/10. Thats the only talent that forces me into a talent i dont like.

I agree that hero talents shouldn’t include design around optional talents. But there are a few exceptions.

1. If they plan on making a certain talent either baseline or placing it at the top of the tree as a fundamental ability, then it should be okay.

2. If a hero talent includes bonuses for multiple optional talents. Ex: “Coordinated Assault, Spearhead, fury of the eagle, and flanking strike are more effective”. In this case you might not feel forced into taking a talent because you will probably be building into at least one or two of these.

3. If the hero talent includes a proc of that ability. Ex: “Your Call of the wild is x% more effective. Your barbed shots have a chance to proc call of the wild for x seconds”. This way even if you don’t spec into the talent, you are still getting something from the node.

1 Like

I’d love to be able to use two pet aura buffs at the same time. Or at least have +10% leech + master’s call somehow. Also since as it was pointed out that this is focused around pets, why not do something with RoS and passively reduce the cd of pet special abilities by x%.

2 Likes

The main problem I see with Pack Leader is that nothing in the tree is particularly enhancing to the intended class fantasy, which they told would be the purpose of these trees. The tree either provides purely passive damage bonuses to base abilities which you already use, or it provides yet another(but not a new one) way to reset the cooldown of one or several of your primary abilities.

When the tree as a whole accomplish more or less the same things as parts of your main spec tree, what’s the point of even having it? I suppose it effectively allows you to “gain” something similar to more talent points, but that in itself could’ve been done within the actual main spec tree.

1 Like

the problem with this is that added 10 more levels worth of nodes to the previous trees completely throws balance out the window, as you have to factor in having 10 more talent points (5 in class and 5 in spec) to account for being spent at lower bracket windows, which would be an absolute balancing nightmare.

Is this different from most hero talent trees? Personally, I think it fits very well with SV’s spec fantasy

people really dont understand that the best trees shown so far are very very very very passive. while the worst ones (one of which belonging to hunter) has actives

2 Likes

it seems to me like when most people say the tree looks passive they mean the tooltips don’t indicate any huge visual changes :dracthyr_shrug:

This tree really should focus on improving the pet. Gaining access to multiple pet family passives would be great.

1 Like

Based on the name alone, I was expecting a lot of buffs and utility to offer out to the party and raid as opposed to personal buffs. Pretty disappointed it’s just stuff to help DPS without any sort of group utility.

Plz no more augs

What does augmentation have to do with hunters getting some much needed group utility?

1 Like