Please check out our new Hero Talents preview and let us know what you think in this thread.

Seems really… lackluster and boring tbh. Expected more :frowning:

Why not incoperate Stampede into the tree or something?

20 Likes

Here’s the tree for anyone lazy like me

PACK LEADER KEYSTONE

Vicious Hunt: Kill Command prepares you to viciously attack in coordination with your pet, dealing additional physical damage with your next Kill Command.

PACK LEADER ROW 1

Pack Coordination:

Attacking with Vicious Hunt instructs your pet to strike with their basic attack alongside your next Barbed Shot (Beast Mastery), Raptor Strike, or Mongoose Bite (Survival).

Howl of the Pack

Your pet’s Basic Attack critical strikes increase your critical strike damage by 5% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

Wild Attacks:

Every third pet Basic Attack is a guaranteed critical strike, with damage further increased by critical strike chance.

PACK LEADER ROW 2

Den Recovery:

Aspect of the Turtle, Survival of the Fittest, and Mend Pet heal the target for 20% of maximum health over 4 seconds. Duration increased by 1 second when healing a target under 50% maximum health.

Choice Node:

Tireless Hunt and Cornered Prey

• Tireless Hunt:

Aspect of the Cheetah now increases movement speed by 15% for another 8 seconds.

• **Cornered Prey:

Disengage increases the range of all your attacks by 5 yards for 5 seconds.

Frenzied Tear:

Your pet’s Basic Attack has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Kill Command and cause Kill Command to strike a second time for 30% of normal damage.

PACK LEADER ROW 3

Choice Node:

Covering Fire and Scattered Prey

• Covering Fire:

Kill Command increases the duration of Beast Cleave by 1 second (Beast Mastery). Wildfire Bomb reduces the cooldown of Carve or Butchery by 2 seconds (Survival).

• Scattered Prey

Multi-Shot increases the damage of your next Multi-Shot by 25% (Beast Mastery). Carve or Butchery increases the damage of your next Carve or Butchery by 25% (Survival).

Cull the Herd:

Kill Shot deals an additional 30% damage over 5 seconds and increases the bleed damage you and your pet deal to the target by 25%.

Choice Node:

Furious Assault and Beast of Opportunity

• Furious Assault:

Consuming Frenzied Tear has a 50% chance to reset the cooldown of Barbed Shot and deal 30% additional damage. (Beast Mastery) Consuming Frenzied Tear has a 50% chance to make your next Raptor Strike or Mongoose Bite free and deal 30% additional damage. (Survival)

• Beast of Opportunity

Bestial Wrath (Beast Mastery) or Coordinated Assault (Survival) calls on the Pack, summon a pet from your stable for 6 seconds.

PACK LEADER CAPSTONE

Pack Assault

Vicious Hunt and Pack Coordination now stack and apply twice and are always active during Call of the Wild (Beast Mastery) or Coordinated Assaulted (Survival).

6 Likes

yup /10chars

Pack Leader… There should really be a talent that summons tons of pets, like Demo locks summon tons of imps. And that doesn’t suck like stampede.

Edit: A talent specifically on this tree. Should’ve said that. Yeah since it’s called “Pack Leader” you should expect to lead a pack; several pets, companions, friends, etc.

18 Likes

From a Survival standpoint, this tree is better than I anticipated it would be. The fantasy and themes are very on point with attacking in tandem and the talents themselves seem appealing from a 1st impression read.

Will add more thoughts later

1 Like

Extremely boring - focusing on kill command and pet basic attack.

The main mechanic of the tree is “kill command increases the damage of kill command” - the embodiment of boring and lazy design.

No new ability.

Words cannot describe my disappointment with this hero tree, especially when compared to Rider of the apocalypse or some other new trees.

Please ask somebody else to design Sentinel. Whoever worked on Pack leader and Dark ranger might be in creative crisis

28 Likes

from the bm side it doesnt do much for the pack leader fantasy and nothing really screams hero tree. but most of it looks fine dps/gameplay wise

not bad but super safe and boring

11 Likes

People in the Dark Ranger thread made it very clear hunter’s do not want to play with a new ability.

8 Likes

nothing says “pack leader” better than not getting a pack to lead

at least rider of the apocalypse gets 4 different horsemen that show up, or all 4 at once

why can’t we get 3 different pack animals that show up?
you know, one for each of the 3 pet families?
each with their own ‘thing’ that they will do in addition to what they normally do?
like if a ferocity pet is summoned, you get extra leech for a while

and then when we use beastial wrath all 3 show up at once?

22 Likes

there are only 3 pet families

1 Like

fixed my suggestion

For the entire expansion, BM players have been giving the feedback that they don’t necessarily like the zoo theme or spamming the target with a lot of pets. I’m not sure how blizzard can take that feedback and then see people upset they listened to it.

4 Likes

who on earth gave that feedback

i mean we’re stuck with the S3 tier set bonus because enough voters thought “more beasts!” and cant read tooltips

9 Likes

Yeah, I was about to ask “where is the pack?” too.

Should be called “Enhanced basic attack” not “Pack leader”.

Seems created with BM in mind, and SV just added because it must be for 2 specs. As SV you hardly ever press KC and it does 20k damage anyway, so “empowered” nothing is still nothing

19 Likes

Or maybe we can summon Leokk, Misha and Huffer or something like that

This is literally the class identity

4 Likes

a lot of BM players on this very forum. sorry you disagree with their feedback, but that doesn’t make it any less valid than yours

2 Likes

copying my response from the earlier thread:

“looks like blizzard totally forgot that KC serves completely different purposes for BM and SV. It’s a somewhat hard hitting focus spender for BM while for SV it’s a garbage filler/generator button that you press when you can’t press any of your good buttons (hits like a wet noodle too). this is par for the course after them committing super hard on the kill-command-cd-reset mechanic for survival which nobody liked (KC is just an awful button to press for survival), but still this is a new low in how absolutely out of touch the developers are with the class they’re supposed to be designing”

it’s uninspired for BM, flat out bad for SV.

I don’t want to just complain so here are some thoughts (from a survival PvP standpoint): build pack coordination into vicious hunt and design the tree around pack coordination so you don’t have the weird discrepancy between BM KC and SV KC. Take the focus away from coordinated assault since in PvE there’s a build that doesn’t take it (Spearhead is the more pet and KC focused CD so it doesn’t even make sense, you don’t want to press KC during CA since you’re spamming bombs and ks) and move it to Flanking (pet focused) and Bloodshed (every BM ability is pet focused). Cull the Herd sticks like a sore thumb among KC based talents, and survival doesn’t even have a bleed in the rotation. Maybe make it such that vicious hunt can give you the buff your pet gives you while CA is on that empowers spells (can give BM a barbed shot reset or another proc). Add more spells to CA empowerment. Now that RoS is a regular talent give us some tools that empower RoS (our pet themed defensive). Or just give us flayed shot back, less work for you too.

4 Likes

“Pack leader of Passives?”

This tree is very lack luster, and all passives. As a Hunter Main, and mainly use BM as my main spec, I get that there isn’t much to play with, but I was expecting a tree that included “more pets”, akin to a Hunter version of Demo Lock.

The Tree is only passive making Ability X do more Damage, which is find and all, but comparing to the other tree that have been released so far, pack leader is “boring” functionally and thematically.

Asides from my issues with it all being passives, there is one stand out issue:

This tree is currently focuses on Pet attacks, which since I can remember (Been playing since the beginning of BC), hunter pets’ attacks have been bugged for a very long time, forcing hunters that do end game content to Macro pet attacks into our abilities to be able to do top dps, and without that issue finally fixed, I fear that this tree in it’s current state will become subpar at best if hunters don’t continue to macro the pet attacks.

I’m hope this tree gets another look at, and redesigned to be more on par to the themes and trees of the other class hero specs

Cheers,
Rahis.

10 Likes

Don’t be upset, we get to be a beast Mastery, Beast mastery uhm I mean pack leader hunter.