PoM applies power word shield, and therefore atonement to its initial target when playing Oracle.

PoM is a very, very efficient healing spell at that point. So yeah, you’d cast it.

Unfortunately with the total lack of supporting talents for PoM in disc it will still be better to cast renew/FH from a HPCT(and possibly HPM depending on secondaries) perspective.

If Assured Safety had say a 5-6 second ICD and applied a 5 stack of mend or a 100% shield(or 20% a hop) then you would be on to something, but as the node is currently the juice isn’t worth the squeeze of trying to put PoM into ramps/burst somehow.

I’m not saying it’s GOOD (it’s a marginal increase) or anywhere near comfortable (it’s annoying in any rotation).

I’m saying if you go oracle, which you shouldn’t because this whole tree sucks, you would cast it.

Even with 0 support in the disc tree. A 3s longer renew is definitely not better than a 10% buffed PoM with a 20% PW:S on its initial target that applies atonement. Even accounting for Train of Thought. HPCT with effective Flash heals, sure, but HPM certainly not, and it feeds into grand reveal.

I’d be really interested in the math to prove that incorrect.

Do we know how it’s functioning in alpha right now, or just speculating?

Is the node for holy casting POM casts shield and for disc casting shield casts POM?

Maybe this is already in the thread, but I’m being lazy and not reading back on posts.

When casting PoM as disc, it will apply a PW:S at 20% of value, a 5 stack PoM and atonement. The bonus PW:S is modified by Aegis of Wrath. It will also consume and be modified by Weal and Woe stacks if you have them (so don’t cast it with weal and woe, lol). It will also proc Borrowed time (in the disc tree) as well as Words of the Pious (general tree).

When casting PW:S for both specs it will apply 1 stack of PoM to the target as well. It also plays the animation. For Holy, this doesn’t seem to work with prayers of the virtuous, and will only ever put one stack on (I’ve submitted a bug for this). It does seem to work with all other PoM talents in both the class and spec trees.

Source: My own alpha testing.

1 Like

I’m so sorry Blizzard but who has been asking for the gameplay of Premonition? Just asking so we can make sure they are getting the help they need… PI is annoying enough as it is currently and you are so very aware of that since you have been chopping and changing it almost constantly (and even had to bring in the Twins talent to make it less insufferable), yet you decide to impliment a completly infuriating micro management minigame on top of that?

How you even think managing this in a Raid or PvP is even feasable is beyond stupid. I honestly love the interaction of PW:S/Renew to get your attonements out etc and that is the sort of thing I feel you should be focusing on, not this abomination of PI that you came up with. I can honestly say right now, if you are not wanting Oracle to be dead in the water straight out the gate, you need to change this immediately.

Controvercial thought but, PW:S becomes exclusive to Disc and Renew becomes exclusive to Holy, so they can have different interactions with the gameplay (of course numbers would need to be tweaked):

Premonition (Disc):
Passive:
PW:S applies PoM to your target.
PoM applies PW:S at 50% effectiveness.
Atonement reduces damage taken by 5% while active.
Overhealing now becomes an absorb sheild up to a maximum of X.

Premonition (Holy):
Passive:
PoM applies Renew and applies Safeguard (would be present at the same time as renew) to your target.
Renew applies PoM at 50% reduced effectiveness.
Safeguard increases healing received by 5% while active.
Overhealing now becomes an absorb sheild up to a maximum of X.

Waste No Time:
Active Ability:
When activated you gain insight into the battle ahead reducing the mana cost of your next 2 spells by 40%. 2 minute cooldown.

Assured Safety:
Casting PW:S on an ally already affected by PoM increases the PoM stack count by 1.
Casting PoM on an ally already affected by Renew increases Renew’s timer by 5 seconds.

Perfect Vision:
Active ability:
You see the direct outcome of the current battle and foresee how to change this.
Empowers your next PW:R/HW:S to apply PoM at 100% effectiveness to all allies within 40 yards. 3 minute cooldown.

Grand Reveal:
Passive:
When you’re PW:S is fully absorbed/Renew heals, gain a stack of Grand Reveal. At 150 stacks (for holy)/100 stacks (for disc) all of your CDs are lowered by 2 seconds.

I know that won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but, it would really reduce the complexity and clunkyness of what Oracle is about to be.

i think most of us can agree that oracle is not it, and needs a revision and rename.

2 Likes

I think I can agree with that. Short of Zul from BFA I can’t think of an oracle in the game lore.
Also being an oracle would imply you would at least have some sort of foresight into bad stuff going on and it would look silly if you had the wool pulled over your eyes in some quest chain (case in point Zul in BFA, or the Burning of the World Tree).
Trying to pin down the powers of foresight is hard for lore and game play, so I believe we need something different.
But I think the main problem of Oracle is the development mindset that is being used for it.
If I remember correctly in the interview for Oracle, they mention on how they wanted to make something special for the only tree that has two healer specks. I feel that is the core of the problem here.
Instead of a strong framework with a good healing, utility, and cool flavor we are getting gimmicks. And that is why we are here, with players rejecting this hero tree.

1 Like

thinking back to when holy priests had serenities. one for single target, aoe healing and dmg. would like to see it based around that again

My original assumption when hero talents were announced was that Archon would have been the Disc/Holy spec and focused either around the Kyrian angelic anima power, or a Legion era Disc Holy Flame, while Oracle would make more sense as the Holy/Shadow Hero Talent (Receiving visions either as a prophet like Velen or as a conduit for the void). I just don’t really have any ideas on how to make this current design work in a satisfying way.

1 Like

I understand how some people might come to that conclusion, but it just simply does not make sense from a practical standpoint.

If “Oracle” taps into “Void” like themes, then we would just have 2 “Void” type themes for a class with 1 DPS “Shadow” specific spec.

With the Velen angle, it would not make sense for him to be tapping into both Shadow and Holy type of magic as that would not align to what we have seen from him in all of game lore (unless I missed something?) and as such, it makes most sense for the Velen theme to be located between Holy and Discipline.

Even his title “Prophet” Velen aligns with Oracle as Prophet and Oracle are similar in terms of seeing the future.

So at best maybe change the Oracle name to Prophet, but then we are right back where we are now in building a Hero Spec around the idea of future sight.

Not entirely. Prophet hasn’t always meant one who speaks of the future, it can also be used interchangeably with leader which is really how it was applied to Velen.

That would actually make more sense if the idea of the spec is to provide utility to elevate those around you, and there for “leading” or “guiding” them to be better than they are.

Even if we went with that, I don’t see that really fitting better for Archon or Voidweaver compared to Oracle.

Some quick definitions you can find / look up below…

Prophet Definition

• a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration

Oracle Definition

• an utterance, often ambiguous or obscure, given by a priest or priestess at a shrine as the response of a god to an inquiry

Also

• a priest or [priestess] acting as a medium through whom advice or [prophecy] was sought from the gods in classical [antiquity]

Current visuals from the Alpha of The War Within for Oracle Priest.
Taken from the Warcraft Priests Discord (Credit: Shelanne).

New spell visuals and audio for several new Hero Talent trees are still a work in progress

https:// i.gyazo .com/a50d8f753c358a5304945907e4fe5b0f.png

https:// i.gyazo .com/fb22c8733e36919717f0e1493bedcc4c.png

https:// i.gyazo .com/9347112caa701ad946ac64ea06a8b3e4.png

I can’t post direct images anymore, if someone with a higher trust level want to quote them without the spaces inside them for easy view.

1 Like

https://i.gyazo.com/a50d8f753c358a5304945907e4fe5b0f.png

https://i.gyazo.com/fb22c8733e36919717f0e1493bedcc4c.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9347112caa701ad946ac64ea06a8b3e4.png

3 Likes

2 Likes

All in all I like the effects, but I don’t like the main ability of Oracle, even the new one.

The vfx of this spell is a reference to this official art of Velen The Prophet
https:// imgur. com/a/X5OiMD8

Talent trees aren’t set in stone. Several specs that got recent overhauls in 10.1.5 are getting overhauled again in the alpha. Holy’s talent end tree revamp caused more problems than it solved and they did not address the other glaring issues with the rest of the tree (6 PoM talents, very point heavy to go single target heals, forced talents like Cosmic Ripple/Everlasting Light, only 3 end tree talents when most specs have 5, etc).

You also can’t discount the 3 massive nerfs Holy got the entire expansion (beta launch, 10.2, and 10.2.6.). They were all 7-10% overall hps nerfs that put Holy in last place every season.

They also need to give Holy more utility since they crapped on Symbol of Hope.

4 Likes

Here’s an idea for hero trees: Just give us pre-legion kits instead of these awful trees in general.

Most of priest specs just don’t feel that fun to play and with the hero talents it is obvious that there’s some direction each tree is being pushed into that leaves every one scratching their heads.

Also, basically every hero tree for priest is awful for pvp and things like having to cast 75 pw:s casts for an ability is awful. Everything in the kit seems to encourage ramping in some form, which itself isn’t awful, but looking at shadow and how everything requires a cast including dps cds to take advantage of things feels terrible.

None of these priest trees feel like they were well thought out and were just a random dart board idea that was begrudgingly worked on and everything feels really half-assed.

1 Like