Greetings!

The War Within dungeon testing begins on PTR realms this week. The test period will begin Thursday June 13th at 10:00 PDT (13:00 EDT, 19:00 CEST), and end Tuesday June 18th at 10:00 PDT (13:00 EDT, 19:00 CEST). Please note that the test period may be adjusted in the event of technical difficulties.

The following dungeons are available for testing on Mythic and Mythic+ difficulty:

• The Stonevault
  • The Dawnbreaker
  • Ara-Kara, City of Echoes
  • City of Threads
  • Grim Batol
  • The Necrotic Wake
  • Mists of Tirna Scithe
  • Siege of Boralus

A preview of some changes to returning dungeons:

Siege of Boralus

• Players of both factions will go through the Alliance version of the dungeon in Mythic and Mythic+
  • Ashvane Spotter’s Sighted Artillery no longer damages enemy creatures.

Necrotic Wake

• Malfunctioning Goliath
    • Disabled in Mythic and Mythic+
  • Forgotten Hammer
    • Removed
  • Bloody Javelin
    • Initial damage reduced by 90%
    • Now applies a stacking vulnerability to enemies hit.
  • Discarded Shield
    • Is no longer a channeled effect.
    • Players can now use abilities after the shield is activated.
  • Spawning locations for Discarded Shield, Bloody Javelin and Discharged Anima have been updated

Mists of Tirna Scithe

• Vine gates and check point can now be used by Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Night Elf, Druids and Herbalist

Affixes will rotate daily on beta realms to expedite their testing:

• Reckless - Non-boss enemies without mana ignore 20% armor with their attacks, but their armor is reduced by 30% and they take 10% increased Arcane damage.
  • Thorned - Non-boss enemies without mana inflict Physical damage to their attackers when attacked, but take 10% increased Holy and Shadow damage.
  • Attuned - Non-boss enemies with mana inflict 20% increased magic damage, but take 10% increased Nature damage and 30% increased damage from Bleed effects.
  • Focused - Non-boss enemies with mana have 30% increased Haste, but take 10% increased Frost and Fire damage.

During the test period you’ll be able to acquire and customize the level and dungeon of Mythic Keystones by talking to the Keystone Vendor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, and the nearby Dungeon Teleports NPC will assist you with transportation. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

3 Likes

are these on ptr or beta realms

As prot warr main, this meta with Vengeance DH needs to be corrected; they have WAY TOO MUCH CONTROL. Illuminated Sigils must GO! Enough is ENOUGH!

15 Likes

Today Thursday June 13th? But today is June 10th?

Does this mean that keys on beta will have affixes by default so players have to test them? That would be a great change.

3 Likes

yep! exactly what it means

Looking forward to testing these out.
Why not a +% physical damage taken affix? Seems odd to buff all other forms of damage but leave phys out of the mix.

1 Like

Delete whole +7 affix bucket. All of the are bad and anti fun.

8 Likes

Looking forward to testing out some of these changes! Here’s some of my initial thoughts:

I like the pattern in the trend I’ve been seeing with affixes, which is blizzard slowly cutting down on the total number of affixes, and the shift towards putting the emphasis back on the challenge of the dungeon vs the challenge being from a rotating affix.

I personally think that challenge mode’s did this best, and think it would be nice to get back to a time where NO affixes exist (no tyran fort etc.) and have the only difficulty be the infinitely scaling factor of the keystone level. This would be the best way to keep every week as consistent as one another. And allow blizzard to spend more time on class and spec tuning.

I also have concerns with mobs receiving beneficial buffs from both the new +4 affixes stacked on top of fortified, which might lead to fortified becoming a wildly overturned week for trying to push keystones.

I DO however like the attempt at disrupting the “god comp” meta, by giving a rotating buff to damage types that might perhaps be on underplayed classes or specs. However, until a season is live, I think blizzard nor the community have a good way of know exactly which classes are in need of this +4 affix dmg buff, and which of the +4 affixes are just going to make the current god comp even stronger.

If we simplify the amount of variance from week to week in m+, we could shift dev time towards class design, to perhaps look at the toolkit discrepancy which is causing such underrepresentation for some specs/classes in the m+ meta. Most of the time its not the dmg numbers, but the toolkit of a class that leads us to things like a god comp meta.

2 Likes

This already gets rid of certain classes and is going to cause stacking of certain classes week to week. I already feel as a monk in current retail like no one wants me, and now this is going to increase this. I am of the strong belief we should go back to seasonal affixes to make the game more interesting. Only 3 affixes per dungeon has made M+ less interesting in the higher game play. We also need to step away from the just one shotting players for slight missteps at the high end and having them all have to run tank trinkets to survive at a certain point. There is nothing healers can do. Keys should be timed with 30+ deaths cause you just die from a single cast or stun not going out.

3 Likes

City of threads still has the DC disband bug going on inside of it for heroic, is that a queued content only problem, getting looked at for a fix before thursday or should we just avoid testing it entirely til there’s a posted fix?

2 Likes

Early thought because it is going to affect M+ all xpack and it needs a holistic look across every TWW dungeon it’s so bad: These dungeons have way too many casters way too spread out. You’re only going to see VDH, Pally, and BDK at this rate at minimum for all of S1 and S2.

There are two; reducing armor increases physical damage, and bleed is also physical.

Wish you guys would select dungeons we like, rather than those we don’t. And try some more that were never a keystone to begin with. Like when you revamped Throne of the Tides and Vortex Pinnacle. I like the affix changes, but the SL/BfA rehash, not so much. And taking away the tools inside the dungeon. Come on guys, sheesh.

You missed about 200 ilvl points for testing we’re 392 in a 5 right now getting one shot. Makes it hard to test.

Run your own key then

Why is it so hard for people to grasp

Just got into a +4 Tirna Scythe…

We (or at least I was) were set to 392 ilvl… LOL. We were close to getting one shot. On the pull I pulled out all my CD’s to survive through, the game error’d out and made me submit a crash report lol. Going well so far…

Edit: Same thing in the City of Echoes. However, leaving the dungeon and coming back in adjusted ilvl to 580.

Additional edit: It did not like me leaving a TWW dungeon. It attempted to port me to Org (instance failed 6 times every 5 seconds), then hit a load screen that didn’t budge after 3 minutes, and now “world server down” for the character (and no other character makes it past 99% load screen, lol. It’s going great, hun. :slight_smile:

Final Edit: I managed to get in on other toons. Third group in a row where one person doesn’t understand the concept of “your currently scaled to 329 ilvl, run out of dungeon and back in and it will change you to correct scaling” and that person dies 2-5 times by getting one shot and leaves despite the whole group saying “just rezone into the dungeon!” So I am done trying to test it until Blizzard tells us they’ve actually fixed the scaling issue.

I missed the reduced armor thing on my first read through.
As a few different people mentioned it took a couple of times reading it to put the whole picture together.
Bleeds are differentiated in their description, so I’m going to assume that isn’t going to apply to something like Tiger Palm.

No, Tiger Palm is not a bleed, but bleeds are physical damage.

Most physical damage over time effects are bleeds, which mean they deal physical damage that ignores armor. There are a very few exceptions (Champion’s Spear), but only a very few.

That’s why there are two physical oriented effects.

• Fury doesn’t do a whole lot of bleed damage, but does almost entirely physical damage.
  • Arms is fully physical, but deals a good amount of bleed damage that wouldn’t be affected by the reduced armor.