I miss combat rogue…
They tried going with the whole pirate fantasy for the rogue and in my opinion they completely missed the mark all together I’m sure there’s some people that like it but I started out in TBC and I fell in love with the rogue and that’s what I played all the way up until they changed it to outlaw now I’m trying to come back to playing outlaw and it’s nothing like playing combat I’m so used to assassination but there’s no real AOE with assassination yes fan of knives but come on really? I wouldn’t consider that a strong AOE

4 Likes

Combat (around Ulduar times) was fun because the gameplay revolved around managing two major cooldowns that served two different purposes. Both Adrenaline rush and killing spree were strong. Adrenaline rush generated more energy than you knew what to do with. Killing spree was how you recovered when you were energy starved. If you staggered them properly (and utilized blade flurry properly) you were a very versatile spec with a tool for every situation.
In my mind they’ve just made the class less fun since then. Roll the bones made RNG frustration a permanent class feature. Killing spree got nerfed. Blade flurry got nerfed. Every class change since then is some mathematical manipulation to boost numbers that has very little to do with actual gameplay.

3 Likes

I miss combat as well outlaw is just wrong I can’t agree with R&G it doesn’t matter how well you play your DPS is entirely dependant on what kind of rolls you get

2 Likes

before roll the bones, we had the dismissal bandit’s guile. wolk combat was amazing in many ways, no rng,

1 Like

and that is what 15 abilities what about all the key Bindings that you didn’t mention faint Shadows step blind just for an example .

Agreed, remain vigilant for strays here.

1 Like

What keybinds are you referring to? (Honest question). Our stuff isn’t hard to keep up bubs. (Not making fun or anything at all).

They even put RtB a talent you MUST take in the new talent tree…it should be way off to the side forever collecting dust in the corner.

2 Likes

everytime I look at the new talent trees for the new expansion it just gets worse and worse and worse

please make assassination great again