Yeah, it’s what we enjoy. The problem is, we just can’t have what we enjoy and do as well as everyone else. Class tuning just doesn’t happen anymore, and when it does it’s extremely miniscule and pretty much pointless. They think simple % increases will fix the problem, instead of looking at what’s wrong and fixing that.

On the subject of Dragonflight, I think we may have more complex rotations coming from what I’ve seen of the talents lol. I don’t mind, as long as we’re rewarded for once for doing well. If the difference between me doing top dps and lowest dps is how well I do my rotation, then I’m happy. But if it’s like right now where even if I do my rotation(s) perfectly I’m still lowest? I’ll probably finally quit.

1 Like

Well I understand you don’t agree with Belligerent, but you can’t make this statment true, if you didn’t show any data.

Belligerent and any other player have the full right to not using an addon, and you don’t have to forcely understand it. But would be cool if you could respect more somone else’s point of view.
I’m also not a big fan of so many buttons, even I use mmo mouse. I use to it, but I’m not a fan of it.
And I also have an impression rogue is at the top of classes required the largest number of buttons to be pressed.
Nobody says WoW classes buttons must be reduced to Diablo III number of abilities, but I think it would be nice to add more of passive substitutes of our abilities. It would also allow new players to get familiiar with the game in more quicker and less painful way.

And that’s just rude.

8 Likes

I definitely feel that the class could be streamlined . I’ve always found it amusing that a hybrid class can out DPS pure DPS like a rogue ,Hunter ,major ,Warlock to be honest I never started playing a road because I wanted to be number one of the damage metre.

I wish that the rotation was just a little bit more forgiving maybe one or two less keybinds if I had to choose between those two I would pick the rotation.

2 Likes

I’m okay with everything that Xæthron has said I completely understand why he’s defensive I love the Rogue Class too. it’s a little frightening to have blizzard look at your class. to be honest it’s not like they haven’t screwed this class up before cough cough roll the bones.

but thank you it’s nice to know that some people out there at least respect the idea of me have an opinion even if they don’t agree or just think about wackadoo. lol

5 Likes

Hmm I like the amount of buttons rogues have, but then again I main enhance shaman and unholy DK so I guess I’m a player who enjoys having lots of buttons.

Can’t stand to play havoc DH for longer than 1 session every now and again simply because of how braindead it is to play. The novelty wears off fast and the gameplay isn’t really engaging.

My issue with rogues atm is that Sin is my fave spec, and its… not great for m+ right now.

(Pretty keen on DF Sin though)

3 Likes

I only run into issues if I try to keybind stuff like trap detection and pots other than health pots, or if I have 2 on -use trinks.

I think with mut I have like 4-5 keybinds out of a possible 32 left (32 is where I tap out, which is why I’m never going to play holy priest)

If an addon is just about mandatory just to play a class normally. That’s a design failure not a skill failure.

Also Rogues are one of the few classes left that still have a type of stance design (different and overlapping abilities when in stealth) which is neat flavor and adds interesting complexity, but also makes it easy to be overwhelmed by button bloat by some players.

Really skilled druids can shape shift and take advantage of different abilities in various encounters but it’s not mandatory.

5 Likes

You can play the class normally without addons. At the end of the day tho if you wanna do the highest level content youre gonna need addons.

I’m having this issue. I’m getting older and slowing down.

It’s extremely apparent when I play outlaw. There’s just too much happening for me to track anymore.

they should have called roll the bones (death roll ) playing Outlaws is just like death rolling for gold. you are just going to end up broke sad and alone. and blaming R and G

1 Like

Surely this HAS to be a troll post? You said youve been playing since wrath and youre complaining about sap gouge and blind?? You realise that sub has already been OMEGA pruned from when we were at our peak and youre interested in making us DH lite?

We’ve already lost:
PREP
Premed as an active ability
Gouge
Recauperate
Garrote silence from dance/stealth
Shroud working in pvp
Tricks giving dmg without an honor talent
Hemo
Redirect
Cold blood
Combat readiness and probably more that ive forgotten.

Not even gonna comment on how you have mongo version of sub being able to dance non stop, not needing a bleed via sang veins to do damage anymore, shield conduit allowing infinite re stealths, insane self healing that even procs off dance, combo points on the target and not on rogue, not being able to vanish immune projectiles in mid air etc etc lowering the skill cap of the class exponentially

SL sub is by FAR the most streamlined, training wheels immortal version of sub that existed and any further pruning will just make it DH with stealth

5 Likes

Our forums have been infiltrated by a lot of troll posts lately. Good post by the way.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Personally haven’t found Sub or Assassination complicated. I felt MM Hunter rotation was more complicated. Haven’t touched Outlaw but if dice tracking and rerolling is still a thing thats definitely more annoying than complicated.

We do have a lot of defensives, but like said they have pretty specific uses.

I do wish the class (esp. Assassination) moved towards a more active playstyle rather than a maintenance playful. Watching my bleed bars and S&D bar is more tedious than fun.

I’ve played all three specs now after picking up rogue in BFA. I think a lot of the bloat can be handled with macros. For example, I have a 4 bound to cheap shot, shift 4 is @focus cheapshot.
It is really just reps to get used to it.
The only rotation that messes me up is the 4pc proc for sub. Its a little weird to get used to in pvp and i often don’t use it properly I’m sure.
I’m looking at this only from a pvp pov as I don’t pve. But the rotation for any toon really doesn’t seem that complicated imo with enough practice.
Now I will say that my razer naga made adding and playing rogue in pvp much easier, and I don’t seem to fat finger much of anything anymore with 80% of my keybinds on my mouse.

oh God please NO!!! do not give blizzard any ideas of screwing up assassination with some crazy active play style .

next thing you know assassination will have roll the bones the most hated ability in the world. (just what we need R&G in our rotation)

Assassinations the only spec I really love playing anymore keep your hands off

2 Likes

after reading your post you only thing .I can think of is you commenting on the form’s no changes no changes !!!
The conversations is supposed to be about the sheer number of key bindings required and the punishment of our rotation .

look I get that you want a complicated interactive active play style what’s a large amount of stacking Buffs that can be done perfectly to create the perfect DPS window . cool good for you I think that’s exactly what you have right now .
I long for the days where you had a simpler rotation where it was buttery-smooth than one ability flowed into the next ability (we have three DPS specs I think there’s some Middle Ground to be found here)

1 Like

Sin is like that when Shiv isnt a thing.

1 Like

I certainly don’t hate it, but I agree it could be better. Every roll should be an equal DPS gain, but change how you play slightly.

I just spent some time going over the dragonflight Rogue talent trees I think I’m pretty much screwed!!! it looks like you’re going to add 4 key bindings to every Speck . but on a positive note looks like through talents you can completely get rid of roll the bones don’t know if it’ll be viable but we could probably do it . maybe I’m just going to go play rocket league for a bit !! before I say something I’m going to regret .

1 Like

I don’t know where you’re getting all of these abilities but I don’t even have enough buttons to fill 2 hotbars as subtlety so I just started putting mounts and consumables like the glider on my main bars at the bottom of the screen.

my main keys are 1,2,3,4,5 for stuff like shadowstrike backstab shadowdance shuriken storm
and I use an alt modifier 1,2,3,4,5 for my finishers eviscerate slice and dice black powder rupture kidney shot
and then I use a control modifier 1,2,3,4,5 for cooldowns like shadow blades evasion vanish

If you want a buttery smooth rotation subtlety is good but a lot of people don’t learn the basics and try to dive right in so it feels overwhelming. go auto attack the target dummy for a few minutes and every time you reach 5 combo points use a different finisher to give you a buff.