Feedback for the Radiant Echo Event

This might be the lamest prepatch event we’ve ever had.

7 Likes

You know what’s the worst part. Instead of hearing the community feedback and increasing drop rates, let people just enjoy the event, if any efficient means of farming pop up, they’ll nerf it.

I’ve been hearing that since the Cata prepatch. The only one I didn’t hear that about was Legion’s.

I came across something very strange while doing the quests. As a horde character, you are told in a cinematic “no one has seen Anduin in years” as he’s walking off into the distance. Then two minutes later you’re inside the heart of azeroth or whatever that room is called, and Anduin is just there like “hi y’all”. Do alliance players get any bit of info in between? Just strange and kind of jarring.

2 Likes

have you participated in this yet?

I’m not sure what that has to do with hearing people say, “This might be the lamest prepatch event we’ve ever had.”

I’m not commenting on the opinion of whether it is or isn’t.

I’m commenting on hearing that phrase since Cata prelaunch. And to be fair, Cata prelaunch was pretty lame. But my point was that it’s a statement we hear nearly every expansion. Whether it’s true or not wasn’t my point.

Absolute garbage event. My wife and I just did the one in Duskwallow and even though we were with the main “group” doing the quest leading up, we couldn’t tag onyxia fast enough and got no credit and are left with the open quest. Now we have to wait an hour and a half for the next one. What a terrible experience. Please tell me who I can look at derisively for creating this “event”. Trash.

2 Likes

Sure, I can agree with this.

It was my point. So anyways.

Feeling pretty underwhelmed by the event so far. Long wait times. Killing mobs in down time feels pointless without gear drops.

So far the gear iv’e gotten cannot go into the Catalyst either. Hopefully a bug.

Given how bad the rewards are, for me it’s not worth the time to even bother with it until maybe later one when I can mass farm currency off the bosses.

Not sure if I’m missing something but the bosses aren’t spawning for me anymore. Has happened twice already :frowning: for such a long wait time this is a big bummer.

Unironically I don’t know why they don’t do the korthia approach. You had a bunch of rares and you got real loot from them every day and they spawned frequently. Instead they moved to this themepark system where the show starts every 90 minutes so just do something else until then.

1 Like

Yeah it’s odd. As they are walking in to the portal room I was able to click on him and it just said something like: I know I’ve been gone but I’m back now, was just running from my problems…lol. I’m going to have to do the quest on another character to try to see what exactly he says but that was the gist.

1 Like

Event would be more fun if we could at least have the boss to kill together. It either spawns and dies in seconds or does not spawn at all.

Yes we do. There is a cut scene where Anduin and Thrall are talking. Anduin has been “on his own” trying to sort things out and get over being tortured. He has been 100% absent.

He hears the call / the echos, though and responds along with Thrall to the sword. Only to find Magni is not really with the program. lol

His soul searching has not been successful so far, he can’t seem to return to the light, he is wandering, searching. And, now we go into TWW, so hopefully he will find his place in the world.

1 Like

This in particular is the worst part for me. I want to play when I want to play. It’s like owning a movie but the DVD will only play for you at certain times. It’s so bizarre. I really hate it. More than the wrath of the RNG Gods, even. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, kind of a bummer when the capstone event to your largely well-received “let the players have fun” expansion is a time-gated anti-fun mess :frowning:

Had a guildmate tell me he enjoyed fishing more. How do you get to a place where your pre-patch event is more tedious and less fun than fishing?

2 Likes

I saw the kill and quest rewards, the event timers, and the costs of everything and I’m not even going to bother participating. I know the event speeds up over time, but this week it takes 270 minutes of gameplay to get a little more than 6000 of the currency. That is such a joke and the biggest disrespect of player time in YEARS from these devs.

7 Likes

This kind of grind is what you would have for something that would last a long time and be very powerful. But this gear will immediately get replaced by greens on day one.

Come on Blizz…
I even advocate for grinds. I love grinds. Well done ones. Ones that have a reason to participate in. But this?

Definitely deflates any excitement about the event. Especially when once they do spawn after an 1 hr, 30 minutes, the events are bugged. Gonna just wait until they fix this. It’s a mess.

1 Like