Could we please get some clarification on what ‘similar spells’ are?

1 Like

As much as I feel this needs tuning, I’m kinda cool with the ancestor pet spawn. They could make it thematic. A same-race shaman spirit with occasional dialogue lines.

Dialogue lines… they didnt even give ghost wolf animations

1 Like

Let me dream dude, let me dream…

At least in my dream I’m not using a 14 year old Ascendence placeholder…

2 Likes

One Concern I have with Farseer is the name not really being tied to with what a farseer actually is. The whole concept of this hero talent tree is calling a chipmunk a wombat. Either it needs a name change, or it uses elementals.

As someone who looks at it at first glance, the name sells the idea of elementals - as that is a main focus of Farseers in WoW. Then you just don’t get elementals. Its selling a fantasy and already failing on delivery. Either name needs to change or ancestors need to be elementals from around you.

Another concern I have is, if the hero talents for shaman continue. I’m going to assume strombringer is the lightning side
farseer will be the fire side
and totemic will be the water side

If the ancestors is very reliant on p-wave, and there isn’t considerable change to talent trees then we will likely be forever meatball. Chucking lava bursts and drowning in the fire caster class fantasy lacking any actual identity. Just another red blob in the crowd.

Please for the love of god if this is the plan do not continue into fire aesthetic - push towards shamans utilizing the earth a bit more. We have multiple casters using fire as an aesthetic already. (Fire Mage, Destro Warlock, Devastation Evoker, Ele Shaman)

Edit: Fixxed the Devasation Warlock typo. KEK

As a long time Resto/Elemental shaman player, I’m PUMPED for this. The idea to utilize Natures Swiftness / Riptide / and Unleash life, while continuing my normal rotation will net some excellent healing. Especially the chance to Proc additional ancestors, plus 3 charges of riptide???

I am looking forward to trying this out, very excited.

1 Like

I would be pumped too if it didn’t require use of yet another active ability for a class with this much button bloat. No resto shamans doing higher keys take unleash life.
Edit: …and if our defensive wasn’t laughable.

3 Likes

Wait - I thought you represented us ?

12 Likes

He certainly doesn’t represent me.

10 Likes

He sounded like an advertisement for a product featuring real customers

10 Likes

I can’t tell if this is supposed to be sarcasm or not. I’m hoping it is sarcasm. Why does “plus 3 charges of riptide” have “???” because that’s my reaction, but just my ??? is negative.

As in: How many charges of riptide could we possibly need???

1 Like

I really have a feeling that this “hero tree” comes at a time where we do not know what a remade class tree has. ie. I get the feeling that the extra charge for Lava Burst and Riptide - are both going away in the class tree - and Farseer is the access to that extra charge (bringing the number of charges to two).

It’s just poor timing, bad communication. We don’t know if our concerns are being met. It’s just the shaman way of life. We’re used to it I guess. Good old “wait and see, and then by the time you know anything, it’s too late for them to address complaints” anyway. Sad, but that’s just how it’s always been for us.

1 Like

I feel like this is probably the case for a lot of the Hero Trees. They’ve revealed them without any context (or very little) with regards to possible reworks the base trees coming in 11.0, so we’re left to speculate on only half the information.

1 Like

Avih and Degas are hitting the nail on the head here. Its nearly impossible to speculate on puzzle pieces in a vacuum. We need to see how it interacts with the rest of the kit.

This sounds like you entered some overly enthusiastic prompt into chat gpt and just copy & pasted the output.

You’re definitely a bot or a mole. I’ll be damned if some Blizz dev comes in here to read the feedback and lands on yours just because its yellow.

6 Likes

If Dyse is our Community rep that explains a lot…

2 Likes

Astral Shift is a nice ability for the most part, but having to talent into a shorter CD or an effective defensive is rough and less than ideal. I find myself skipping unleash life in M+ much like you mentioned.

The Warcraft 3 Farseers didn’t have elementals. I would like to see more and better elementals, but I’m more interested in the actual “Farseer” stuff like… seeing far, augmenting chain lightning, riding a spirit wolf, etc.

I’m sorry for giving you that impression, I can find the time to make critical statements regarding the class I have been playing for 14 years near exclusively.
I am a player first and foremost. I do not represent anyone aside myself, I do not appreciate being placed as a representative for displaying my opinion.

According to Blizzard’s own site:

The Far Seer is a very popular hero. For many Orc players it is their first Hero choice. The Far Seer has a collection of great abilities. Almost all Far Seer users start with a point in Feral Spirit. Feral Spirits are great for attacking your first group of Creeps, for Hero Rushes, defending against Hero Rushes, and for scouting the map to discover the enemies’ locations and races. Next comes Chain Lightning which can cause serious damage on the enemy. Chain Lightning is especially effective on low hit point units such as ranged units and spellcasters. Some dispute the use of Far Sight but Far Sight is excellent for the final stages of the game. At this point the enemy can be attempting to hide expansions, units, and buildings. Far Sight can reveal a HUGE portion of the map (much better than Reveal or anything else) which will allow you see what the enemy is up to. This is especially useful in team games. Far Sight is also for revealing invisible units such as Night Elves that are hiding. Finally Earthquake is a good counter against enemies building lots of Towers which often happens at the end of a game.

Source:
Blizzard’s own WC3 site