Good point. I’ve noticed it is very difficult to ‘come back’ on Attacking side once the vehicle death train is on its rounds. Usually it’ll proceed from SR clockwise, smashing towers and taking WSs in its path, easily crushing any opposition. I wonder if some of the issue lies in the way the damage buff from towers currently works.

I’d say… Attackers need another way to get an increased damage buff. Perhaps from keeping the two south WSs they could get a buff of 5% per WS after all towers are downed?

[edit] Edited last sentence for improvements…

This is the best I can provide, my reflex. I didn’t screenshot the actual wipe, but it’s kind of implied yeah?
https://imgur.com/a/yRjoNif

Well and you can! But half the team quits, that is what I was saying to you above. Hard to bounce back with no bouncers. We have turned games around… it’s not hard at all when people stay.

Considering you don’t play on alliance side, it is probably very hard for you to understand, and the clip above is essentially meaningless.

But oh yeah, it’s because only horde are great players. All alliance are bad players.

1 Like

Hey hey no need to get that way. I am just stating a fact, and like it or not it applies to both Horde and Alliance. Desertion/backfill is more punishing in WG than the others since backfillers start with the rank of Poopfart. It’s demotivating enough to backfill into another person’s abandoned problem, top that off with the “HI I’M ON FOOT ONLY” T-shirt.

Horde doesn’t have some “backfiller” advantage.

The game I was just in was essentially what you refer to as a “playing WG as Alliance” match. My team got creamed in the first team fight with a 15% damage boost, and 10 people quit. Is that not what you refer to? I think it’s fair to give me some credit I know what it is like over there, even if it’s a rarer occurrence to be part of it.

You realize people leave WG after the first lost TF BECAUSE of the harsh snowball effect yes? The alliance backfill issue in WG specifically is because once you lose that TF you have to battle through losing two towers and have to try and scrap together and fight out a deathball of 12+ vehicles that obliterate you on foot.

1 Like

So the fact I just lived that still makes it an “alliance only” issue? I’m trying to keep this objective, I am not pursing any agenda.

Even objectively, the horde that left did so because they knew a snowball was just around the corner. 40 some odd minutes of it. Most alliance that leave even state “we lost first TF this is a bust guys GL” or something to that effect. In other bgs that is hilarious because comebacks can happen easily but in WG it holds more water.

EDIT: since the responses i got seem kinda like you are figuring this is an alliance bad cry post it isnt. I like WG and want it to work but the current state of vehicle snowball just isnt healthy for it. It wouldnt be an issue and you could just take your lumps for losing the first TF if it wasnt 40 mins long.

I’ve been in games that turned around. I’m sorry but you can’t convince me that I haven’t.

edit to reply to your edit:

It was Pipi’s response that shifted my attitude.

It’s nonsense to think that, sorry Pipi.

It isnt that it is impossible. It is that the snowball is extremely hard to overcome because there is no real way to deal with vehicle squads once they get rolling if you dont have equal amounts of vehicles.

2 Likes

I play Alliance side and he’s right, people leaving is a problem.

1 Like

Well I’m sort of sworn to secrecy on our strats, which is kind of a barrier here in this discussion.

But I’ll throw this out there, it’s not a spoiler but it is what you should ask yourself and maybe you’d see the solution.

You’re Defense and got rolled, and we’re in Bizarro land where nobody quits.

They have Sunken Ring and are moving towards the East Wall. You need kills and need to take Workshops.

What’s your play? I know what mine is. There is one play to make, and it involves splitting your group. (and since they have rank it doesn’t matter if you feed them at that point).

They need to be heat-seeking, absolutely. As long as the cast time is, the odds that that vehicle has not moved is slim by the time it’s cast and off.

1 Like

Not when they’ve taken the ability to choose a GY to res at away. I find I res quite a bit to a demo firing at the GY.

GY camping is not a big deal, as crappy as it is.

While you still own it, you’re in the force field. Once they finish capturing it (and they can’t avoid doing that without leaving), you can’t rez there anymore. There’s just that brief window of time where you can be killed once.

I heard elsewhere that people are joining parties with alts on other accounts, logging in to see which epic they got, and if it’s WG they quit en masse.

I’m talking after it’s started.

1 Like

We are talking strictly if you lose the TF on offense. If you are defence you have a lot more wiggle room as 4 vehicles and ground troops can hold a choke with mass aoe. You cant do that on offense when the defence team is roaming.

This, same as what I’m talking about. I don’t fault people for insta-quitting BG’s they dislike. Technically I do it too for Seething Shore. And backfillers will be joining during the “warmup” window, so it’s no big deal.

That is an issue early morning for Alliance I have noticed, since the numbers of players queueing is low so the team is slow to refill. I was in one early morning where Alliance had 14 for the first few minutes of the BG.

1 Like

The fact that it will even start the BG without a balance is wrong.