Horde towers should have walls around sections of them to make it even. Not like the entire ring but like small wood sticks or something. With as many knock backs classes have now this makes it a huge advantage for horde defense at start. (AV)

1 Like

Tower vs. bunker design is definitely a boon for horde defense. Very honestly I think alliance would see more wins if towers were changed to bunkers.

1 Like

Alterac Valley

• Marshals, Warmasters and Generals need some buffs - it is now common occurrence to kill bosses with towers up, making games end faster and making defense pointless.
    Suggested fix: increase aura given by surviving marshals/warmasters to 100% health/damage each, increase marshal/warmaster health by 50% and increase health and damage of generals by 20%

https://imgur.com/avcr6dA

Thanks for making Ivus and Lok harder to kite. They work much better now. :slight_smile:

Wintergrasp

• Towers feel squishy - could health be increased? As the map is so large and there are now less players in the instance than originally, by the time you rez up the tower is already destroyed.
  • Catapult Flame Breath damage could do with a reduction or given a small cooldown, it’s a bit intense at how quickly this spammable AE can deal damage.

Isle of Conquest

• Health of vehicles seems a bit inconsequential as players have geared up. Can vehicles be given the scaling tech similar to creatures? If not, I think it would be worth increasing all vehicle health by 30%
  • Generals feeling squishy - can we up damage/health?
  • Generals should regenerate health when they are no longer in combat, similar to the behaviour of Ashran bosses. It’s not fun to wipe a team only for the boss to stay there at 20% health until healed up.
  • Still would like generals to be immune to pet taunts - seeing them kill a pet only to be taunted by another or the rezzed pet again, when the team should start taking damage is discouraging for defense

General feedback

• Isle of Conquest and occasionally Wintergrasp seem to be much shorter on average than Alterac Valley. Wintergrasp seems fine, but Isle of Conquest is over in 15 minutes without fail - it’s very inconsistent with the rest of the maps.
1 Like

I liked the previous changes to the Frost Lord, he was very powerful and useful for a time. But that seems to be undone now, he’s a dumb useless derp again.

I was just in a match where he tooled around the Field of Strife doing nothing, then eventually meandered off to the Alliance cave entrance. He wasn’t anywhere useful at any time, and he’d ignore Stormpike NPC’s that were whaling on us. I don’t think he ever attacked a player or even an NPC.

We eventually let him run off and do his own thing in the sticks while we went for Balinda to finish off the game.

AV still need fixing 
 horde bottleneck strat is just too easy and really needs no whole team alignment 
 while alliance have to spread too thinly but still need whole team to align and agree

3 Likes

Why in the world would you want to buff WMs so that they ALL have to be dead before starting the boss? It’s strategy to decide whether or not to start with 1 WM up. And I have never seen bosses downed with 2 WMs up.

Also, there’s nothing stopping a team from defending when the enemy is trying to kill their boss with 1+ WMs up.

Because it completely invalidates defense. A team could successfully defend a tower for an entire game, but because the bosses and their warmasters are weak it is completely irrelevant. The ability to kill a general should lie solely with how effective a team has been in destroying towers, and even then the general fight should be challenging. Having moonkins and holy paladins tank the generals is bad design.

Further, where a game could easily go on for an additional 10+ minutes because of that last remaining tower, that means the game is cut short. Not an epic experience.

No one said bosses are being downed with 2 warmasters up.

1 Like

The problem is: AV is imbalanced against alliance as it is. By making the changes you suggest you are essentially supporting even easier horde wins.

Just tonight we (alliance) eked out a win by deciding to start Drek with 1 WM up because we knew we were barely behind. Drek’s HP and damage are still buffed by the WM being up, so it’s not like we didn’t sacrifice something to get the win.

The map imbalance is a different problem and is something that should be addressed.

It has nothing to do with the generals and their ease, and the exact same argument could be used the other way around: “The Alliance managed to take out every tower and was on the verge of victory after valiantly defending Icewing Bunker, but Horde had already started on Vann in the last minute the final tower was being destroyed, and managed to kill him by the time the Alliance even got half way through Drek.”

It does not feel good to have players defend a tower only for that effort to be completely erased by gear and the ability to kill the boss regardless of that defense.

It also doesn’t bode well for future gearing; if scaling is already in place and players can kill generals+1, +2 further down the line is likely. Especially as we have already seen people start the encounters with 2 and survive long enough for a tower to go down.

+1

+1

+1
Me and you agree on a lot of things I just do not play horde.

1 Like

Mr. dev person,

I’ve played some more Wintergrasp games now and it’s become quite apparent that “defense” is overpowered and has a big advantage over offense. You guys should definitely look into this because as it currently stands it’s pretty unusual to lose as defense :thinking:

Off the top of my head, here’s some random ideas/suggestions that might help balance out defense vs offense:

• simply copy/paste the “Seaforium Bombs” from Isle of Conquest into Wintergrasp, so offense has more than one way to damage walls
  • increase the towers passive “damage bonus” buff to 10% each, to account for defense usually having more vehicles than offense
  • remove the lame “interrupted by damage” mechanic from RP-GGs, maybe increase the cast time slightly to like 5 seconds or something, so they don’t become too OP. Making the RP-GGs actually practical/useful would have the added benefit of making on-foot players actually matter in the match and give them at least some influence during big fights.

There might be more, but that’s all I can think of right now :thinking:

Also, there’s a bug that keeps randomly happening here and there where the “1” button on the vehicles doesn’t work/freezes up. For example I’ll get into a demolisher and hit 1 to fire the cannon, but nothing happens. But then I hit “2” and the “ram” ability works just fine.

This is an important bug to fix, since being able to defend yourself by firing the main cannon is just so important. Getting caught in a battle with a bugged-out “1” button is a death sentence since you can’t fight back against other vehicles or other players.

I like a lot of this, but can there be not as many vehicles I think 20 is way too many maybe 5 for Each side at a time.

Making turning things in during AV important again. A toy that allows us to teleport back to the keep woukd be appreciated.

i would find it more epic if the bgs didint last for so long and at the end i waste my time anyway because it happend that i lost.

Mr. dev person,

The “1” button bugging-out-and-not-working thing is really annoying when you get into a demolisher or a turret, please fix this

It happened multiple times earlier in a single Wintergrasp match. Last night it was happening a lot too. I tried disabling all my add-ons to see if maybe that would make the “1” button work again
 still didn’t work. Also tried /reload ui
 still didn’t work. Seems to be a bug on the Blizzard side of things, doesn’t seem to be a player issue :thinking:

2 Likes

the button bug doesn’t stop in WG either, if it happens in WG and you get IoC next you still can’t use any vehicles or cannons.

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ll try this next time it happens :thinking:

Thanks

AV bosses need to be tuned and made stronger 
 more and more bosses are being killed with 2 towers standing . What’s the point of defending when the enemy can just by pass the towers you are in and still take the boss down easily .

2 Likes

WG feedback: The map was designed for more than 40 players which is why number of vehicles is too high in my opinion and without tenacity to help players it feels like players are too weak or not enough players to counter vehicles on the map.

Reducing vehicles is one solution but that doesn’t help the attacking team trying to siege. If a reduction of vehicles happens then what needs to also happen is a buff to towers in the south.

AV feedback: Buff the NPCs some more and also make summoning Ice Lord/Forest Lord more common to end stalemates or long drawn out games. Better than having reinforcements running out IMO.