Reckon this would tell us a lot and be valuable.

2 Likes

I think it would be a great test of AV and fun/interesting for all maps. Break up the trend of playing the same side for years and years. Receive map/advantages and disadvantages from both sides.

1 Like

Muahaha, OUR BRIDGE NOW!

Elemtal Shaman, unite!

I will say it is somewhat fun sometimes to have a good amount of Alliance defending Dun Baldar at the bridge. It brings me great joy to use Blizzard, Frozen Orb, have the talent Frigid Winds, and the talent Frost Bite. Sure, you might eventually get through, but I will slow you or most of your team until the end of time!!! cackles maniacally

That and those darn Engys, thatā€™s the only strategy I see from Ally in AV, Turtle Soup of DOOM.

I like the idea of the side you start on being random, however iā€™m not sure that map issues are the problem with alliance. a lot of times it seems like gameplay issues, if i see horde under attack and i am in range, i will run to help them, or if i see someone get sapped, i still stand next to them and guard them until they are clear, this is stuff i generally donā€™t see alliance doing, yet i am seeing horde do it more an more, this kind of team support is what wins bgs, not the map design.

And Alli can bomb the hangar flag with the gunship and Horde can not.

I will take being able to defend the flag over the resource any day.

Yes. There are good and bad with each individual team. I just think it could be a way to remove any bias, real or unreal, of map advantages for either side. I originally thought randomly, but if clear and statistically significant win rates appear for X starting side in Y BG and youā€™ve gotten the bad one six times in a row because randomā€¦ It could be frustrating.

I am usually on defense. I did not realize. I donā€™t think either flag should be selectable by Hangar turrets. Itā€™s god mode in the sky for players on the ship for either side and no mechanism to retaliate except claiming Hangar flag. Demolishers, Glaive (autocorrected to Glauber???) Throwers, etc. can at least be destroyed without having to claim the flag.

I need a barbershop quarter meme saying this, so I can post it over and over and over. Anyone good at making memes?

And something struck me a little bit ago: if WG is going into the Epic queu, does this mean the raid associated with it will be open to both factions all the time? It may not mean much to people who pvp only, but I know thereā€™s players still trying to get transmog and that mammoth mount from it.

The actual make-up of teams - experience, healers, stealth etc - will is more important than map issues however all things being equal, the AV map still needs some tweaking. IMO, the alliance really need a group on the same page for the win whereas horde can make a lot of mistakes yet still win handsomely.

2 Likes

group makeup is only a factor sometimes, experience of the players is only a factor sometimes, and thatā€™s why im not sure its a map design issue, thereā€™s never a consistent reason for alliance to lose AV all the time. Horde also deals with group makeup issues and doesnā€™t have as many issues.

as you said alliance need a group on the same page, and more often than not, horde does that. wins have players playing as a group and taking nodes as small teams. when horde plays like idiot chickens running around the map with their head cut off, they lose.

Itā€™s main use isnā€™t for resources, it provides 15% vehicle weapon damage (buffs demos, airship, etc).

Sorry itā€™s a pet peeve of mine when people donā€™t understand how the BG works. This is not to say that Alliance being able to bombard the Hangar flag isnā€™t bullcrap (it is).

2 Likes

When a group has decisions to make, it makes it more complex. Horde have the same scenario replaying over and over with the scenario made clear by the map. Defend IB in numbers while the rest roll up the lightly defended alliance towers and graveyards ultimately turtling alliance in their base.

1 Like

If weā€™re talking about common strategies used by Alliance PUGs, I donā€™t recall losing a single AV where Ally banded together and actually defended their towers/side of the map. A couple times we even ended up summoning Ivus as a side effect of our solid defense.

ā€¦ Iā€™ve been in plenty of failed ā€œrushā€ strat losses though :grimacing:

Guess which strat is more popular with random PUGs?? :rofl:

Thatā€™s rightā€¦ the ā€œgogogo rush to the end of the map and cap RHā€ plan

usually Ally leaves 0-2 defenders for SHB, SHGY, and IWBā€¦ meanwhile Horde usually leaves 15-18 behind to defend IBT and IBGY, thatā€™s how the typical/single-queue PUG match opener plays out from what Iā€™ve seen.

So right out of the gate Horde is at an advantage because they actually have SOME defense for their side of the map, while Ally has almost 0 defense for their side of the map. Even if all the Horde defenders get wiped, they usually stall the Alliance offense long enough for Horde to get a significant head start on towers/timers.

1 Like

do you know how long and difficult it has been for horde to start regularly defending IBchoke? it certainly isnā€™t intuitive for most players if thatā€™s what you mean. itā€™s currently the default strat for horde because that is what was winning in S1 and most players just do what they did on the map the last time they won or had a good game.

REally? REally?
IT is a RESOURCE POINT.
I am not referring to ONLY getting recourses / tickets from it.

As referring to the point in generalā€¦and also all the perks that go with it.

Going to tell me the airship can allow people to jump off of it next?

Yea you can jump off the airship. Donā€™t panic though the parachute pops out on its own after a brief free fall.

2 Likes

In fairness sometimes they donā€™t.

1 Like

Relax. People often overlook it because a trickle of reinforcements/resources which are pretty irrelevant in IoC. But the 15% damage buff isnā€™t. I have a vested interest in keeping this factoid in the conversation. So tired of people arguing which node does more damage when itā€™s Quarry and Refinery adding 30% to them in one game and not another.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably panicking and using abilities or something.