[Feedback - Build 45480] Hunter Class Talents + Beast Mastery

I never said it should. Just that if it became a thing it would be hilarious.

The ends always justify the memes.

Yeah. I feel like you may be taking my satire abit too seriously. Though this really does feel like it could be an all too real thing with Blizzard’s current dev team.

2 Likes

Well. In all fairness, you did say this earlier( :upside_down_face: ):

But yeah, I’ll leave this as is…

Oh yeah, yeah. I meant that. I would fully enjoy the ridiculousness of it. But that’s not the same as asking for it, to me anyway. Or even expecting it, cuz I don’t. I just mean that if it were to happen in some bizzaro monkey’s paw corrupt-a-wish way… (because it is Blizzard we’re talking about) after I picked myself up from laughter I would definitely try it.

2 Likes

Fair enough(again, let’s hope not).

1 Like

I feel that the goal of the talent tree should exist to add, improve, or change the spec, not take things that were removed from the class and put them into a tree. It doesn’t feel great that I have to invest in places (that I could be spending my points on different things) just to get my class power back. You could run a spec without Countershot and Tranq, but what hunter would gut their already limited utility even more? Why did those abilities arbitrarily get removed from our baseline kit? And as a BM Hunter, seeing abilities like Multi-shot, Cobra Shot, Beast Cleave, and Bestial Wrath on the tree instead of in our spellbooks just feels like a really bad design choice.

The tree is meant to augment our spec/class, not feel like we’re just putting points into something to complete our spec/class. It feels like an artificial choice. The words are escaping me, but like you think you have a choice, but you really don’t.

Also other specs got 2, 3 if not all their Covenant abilities back. Why did we just get Death Chakram? The one ability that was the worst of the 4. I would have loved to see Flayed Shot return. It was such a fun ability to use, and it provided some interesting gameplay, especially with the Pouch of Razor Fragments. It just seems like they went the laziest approach to these talent tree instead of actually spending time in crafting a worthwhile lot of abilities.

Death Chakrams is also in an awkward spot that as a BM Hunter, I’d probably never take because other nodes seem more important. Steel Trap should be replaced with Flayed Shot, in my opinion. Steel Trap feels like a PvP ability.

4 Likes

With MM now having the ability to use Kill Command, it would be nice to get some talents in the spec tree that interact with it. There’s a lot of potential to diversify the builds better by doing so. Adding it to the effected spells for Trick Shots would be a start.

I would assume that the reason for why they’re putting abilities and effects that we are currently getting automatically, in the talent tree, is because filling the tree(s) with all new things would quickly lead to bloat. And they’re probably doing this also so that you will be able to choose a bit more freely in terms of what type of hunter you want to be. More specifically, for example, with some of the abilities and effects we’re seeing in the class tree.

I do agree with this. Multi-Shot for one, like what they’re doing with Arcane Shot, it shouldn’t be a talent, but be reverted to a baseline ability, with the specs offering different interactions.

I can’t speak for anyone else here ofc, but I would prefer if none of our covenant abilities were kept for future iterations. They’re all linked to, and themed after, the covenants and the influence of anima in the Shadowlands. Outside of the Shadowlands, I can’t say that anima-based abilities make any sense.

As a general build, I’m most likely going to use this one: https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-talent-calc/AACRNBJGFAkTo8IEEQCVQACOMVZp4NAQECgRQBU

For pure single-target scenarios, I would take the points from Multi-Shot, Beast Cleave, Kill Cleave, and put them into either Crows, Bloodshed, Dire Beast, Wild Call, Flamewaker’s, or Cobra Senses, any combination of these, depending on tuning ofc.

I have to say, though, I find that the whole bottom left section of the BM tree is a bit odd. Since the bottom right side is focused on empowerments + single-target effects/abilities, you’d think that the bottom left would have at least a bit more focus on cleave or AoE, but it’s also much about single-target. Again, Wailing Arrow really shouldn’t be in a spec tree, but should be moved to the class tree. Stomp could stay, even though I find that the placement, serving as an extension to Bloodshed, is rather odd.

I have no idea what to say about Dire Pack, really. The effect of that talent makes no sense. Even if they were to change it so that the Dire Pack effect applies to Cobra Shot instead of Steady Shot.

In practicality, due to the design of Dire Beast as an ability nowadays, where it has a 20 sec cooldown, it means that for 8 sec out of a 20 sec period, your Cobra Shot and your Multi-Shot would deal 10% more damage. Which equates to what…a ~4% overall boost to Cobra Shot/Multi-Shot damage? Which in itself is ofc based on how you make use of those abilities.

1 Like

Why would you want this? MM has never been about buffing pet damage, ever, and hasn’t had a single pet-relevant talent since Go For the Throat back in Wrath, which was terrible.

4 Likes

So I`ll say some things bout spec tree for BM. Having not gotten sylvanas bow yet and seeing wailing arrow made it to trees I was at first very excited on getting to play with it. But for all intents and purposes its in a very awkward spot and not exactly something Id be taking on first look, which seems to be the general feeling. I would switch locations of wailing arrow and bloodshed. If you think thats making WA too easy to reach, further switch stomp and WA around. I dont personally think iit matters much as for most parts if you pick one, you pick both if they are able to picked like I envision them.

Another point for BM tree would be taking another look on how many points each talent takes to max out. I would make Aspect of the beast 1 point talent and beast cleave 2 point talent but not reducing their max values. So Aspect of the beast would just be 30%, beast cleave would be 37.5%/75% instead. I think just getting those 2 points would help alleviate my personal feelings of “I want to pick everything” type of thing. Dont get me wrong, I much rather have too many good options than having to pick things that arent appealing to me but getting rid of few ranks would imo be for the better.

Other than that, I find BM tree quite incredible and while I had feedback, I also want to emphasize even current iteration is great I just feel like few tweaks here and there could make it even better.

1 Like

in general the left side of the BM tree is awkward, and needs help and or rework. but thats scratching the surface of the issues with the talents for hunter.
a lot of talents are duplicates (or the case of duplicates but one is better than the other looking at you sharp blades and qa’pla)

they are so dead set on Animal Companion but yet its such a divisive choice. make it cosmetic. its awful to use in raiding, and even if it was the best choice I would rather pick something else so I dont feel crutched to play.

1 Like

If anything, Kill Command will be available via the class tree. And if you(anyone) want more options as an MM hunter, to further focus on it, like when questing or similar, then the bottom left side of the class tree would help quite a bit on the way with this.

Agreed.

As I’ve stated before, I would simply move it over to the class tree, like can be seen in the image below:

I would agree with this as well. If you ask me, I think the best thing for Beast Cleave would be to make it have 2 ranks, like you said with those values. Then they could introduce a small tangent branch/node below Beast Cleave, that is a 1-point node. It could provide a small boost to Beast Cleave damage, but first and foremost would increase the base duration of Beast Cleave itself. Like Below:

[Improved Beast Cleave] - Increases the damage of Beast Cleave by 10%, and Beast Cleave now lasts for an additional 6 seconds.

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree.

1 Like

If they removed nesingwary’s, and removed birds of prey from the surv tree it would be better.

1 Like

Can agree on this. I doubt it’ll be very useful in, well, most situations really.

Can’t say anything about Survival. I would recommend mentioning any feedback related to SV, in one of the currently active topics about SV on the hunter forum.

I updated the OP with some stuff about the class tree. A description/visual for how you could fit Wailing Arrow in there, along with how Aspect of the Fox could be brought back for us to have some form of raid/group utility.

I haven’t mentioned this in any of the earlier posts, mostly because(AFAIK) nothing has been announced regarding these bonuses, and what will happen to them, going into 10.0. But I just wanted to bring it up anyway, so that it’s there.

If we will continue to have Mastery bonuses for each spec, then I would like to see 1 change in particular, for Beast Mastery.

[Mastery: Master of Beasts] - Increases the damage done by your pets and summoned creatures by X%, and the damage bonus of Bestial Wrath by Y%.

In short, I want it(Mastery) to also affect the damage bonus granted whenever Bestial Wrath is used. I know that one change with the new trees is that, technically, Bestial Wrath is going to be optional. An example for the changed Mastery effect would look like this:

[Mastery: Master of Beasts] - Increases the damage done by your pets and summoned creatures by 30%, and the damage bonus of Bestial Wrath by 20%.

Essentially, this would mean that you would have the regular passive boost to all pet damage, like we have on live. But in addition, you would also have a 20% boost to the damage bonus granted by Bestial Wrath(currently @25% base damage). Resulting in how Bestial Wrath would then instead grant 30%(25*1.2) damage on use.

Anyway, again, if I’ve missed any article or announcement regarding Mastery bonuses in DF, feel free to enlighten me.

It honestly looks like they just shoved random abilities all over the place in the hunter trees.

MM is terrible. Every baseline ability has just been torn out and haphazardly added back like they threw darts at a board.

Holy crap.

2 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/BAABQA

So the bottom left of Beast Mastery since I dont think any one at Blizzard reads the normal forums anymore

• Sharpened Blades is a worse duplicate of Qa’Pla this node is redundant and will never be picked
  • In for The Kill is locked behind a dead node and an undertuned node (A Murder of Crows) this really needs to be moved or have a better path to get to, as A Murder of Crows historically has never been long term viable for Beast Mastery
  • A Murder of Crows is undertuned, has a historic reputation of starting out okay in the expansions but falls flat in raiding environments, this node is good for leveling and thats really it, its just awkwardly placed down there for no real reason, it should either be moved up, or removed entirely
  • Animal Companion - Please stop forcing this on Raiders. nobody likes taking this in a raiding environment. its awful to use its the primary reason I hate playing my hunter is to deal with two pets that are so buggy in a lot of fights that seem counter intuitive for the poor pet pathing, and AI. please make this cosmetic and take this out of the tree, you’ve had four years to fix it, stop pushing it on raiders at this point.
  • Dire Command just seems confusing to have so far down on the tree
  • Dire Pack I don’t get why this is a capstone, its underwhelming especially when if the goal is to have the left side of the tree be a “Zoo Build” Dire Beast is in the opposite end of the tree
  • Wailing Arrow there really doesn’t seem to be any thought for this node here other than to stick it here, please reconsider and move it to the general Hunter Tree and put something else here instead it just seems like a waste of a node
  • Stomp was always Okay? its just something underwhelming.
  • Bloodshed had potential but tuning would always make or break this

the left side of the tree just feels like a lot of things here with no real purpose, or cohesion. please re-evaluate the tree and look at shifting things around.

1 Like

BLIZZARD CUMMUNITY COUNSEL IS NOT HELPING YOU HAVE DEDICATED PLAYERS IN REGULAR FORUMS TRYING TO GET YOUR GUYS ATTENTION ABOUT HUNTER TALENT PAY ATTEN AND HELP OUR CLASS OUT…

Good luck having the focus for that . Refresh BC every 4 sec or KC. Chances are you wont be able to do both …not very often anyway. Unless we are somehow swimming in focus. I dont see the barbed tooltip say it gives focus so far.

1 Like

Dude why are you quoting this all over, posting in all caps, and not even talking about the actual problem?

2 Likes

cause this is the problem! get off my D. and make the class better stop Bching about worrying and worry about posting something that gonna make the game better