[Feedback - Build 45480] Hunter Class Talents + Beast Mastery

You know why they completely screwed up aspect of the wild, right?
Because the idiots who gave “positive” reviews on quick shot in the surv tree let our… less then capable intern dev think it was a good talent. Now BM has a CD of pretty much the same thing.
Btw, what is his fascination with buffing fillers and generators when they are the least significant spells, damage wise?

Which is why we’re thankful that your not posting feedback there.

Tbh aspect is fine on AoE it just needs to get buffed to do something useful in ST.

1 Like

Jesus, the gatekeeping here… We have to attack anyone giving Alpha feedback we don’t agree with?

Quick Shot: Your reset procs deal additional damage to your primary target. A passive.

Aspect of the Wild: Cobra Shot hits an extra target and costs 33.3% less Focus. A cooldown skill.

These are not the same. They are in, fact, nothing alike.

And the change to Wild is mostly a good one. It allows Aspect of the Wild to actually do something in its own right, instead of just being a 5% crit bonus and minor Focus buff.

I feel like it could be further improved, but it’s already better that what we had, especially for its location on the tree (and you’d have to displace Beast Cleave to move it to a more central location, thus denying choice of capstones based on content type—pure ST vs. all else). If our Focus feels a little low during burst / under BW, we have more than 3 highly relevant tuning knobs right there.

Because said filler, Cobra Shot, is what has the actual synergies and is useful to every build of BM.

• BM Kill Command has only one possible synergy—Dire Command, which in turn requires Dire Pack to have an actual gameplay effect, rather than just a raw damage buff.

And because said generator (SV Kill Command) both benefits from and produces synergies elsewhere across the kit and is used by every build of SV.

Be an adult and ignore it in this thread.

Hmmm I will defend my stance. If someone is going to talk ill of me confronting them is something people can do…
My post was about survival hunters and it was brought into a bm thread for whatever reason just cause I mentioned I wanted exotics on all hunters. Albeit a weakened version. This comes after testing various classes that have had spec specific stuff available to all classes. Such as enh shamans getting lava burst, all priests getting access to holy nova, all mages getting access to meteor etc.

For hunters I suggested exotics for all the specs and bm getting the double passive utility, all others get the base utility like all the other pets which would mean actually being able to use pets in our stables that we have on specs like surv or mm.

Thank you for being upfront with your feedback. More communication is always better then less.
I really do not have a stance on the exotic pets as I use them for more their usefulness and not how they look, which is why I am such an advocate for one single, large pet talent tree like we have for chars to choose what we want our pets to do. Not just “increase pet stam by x” or “increase damage by special ability by x” all while retaining the 1 special attack.
However, I do see how BM wants to keep their flair, and that i support. Every spec wants to have something unique, and unfortunately when you have 1 spec that has no identity, theme or direction will obviously piggy-back off the stronger specs that have received more and better-quality work. So, unfortunately, I must disagree with you. However, not all is lost. BM has exotic pets, MM gets lone wolf and long ranges, surv… well, gets nothing tbh, and it will stay that way until blizz figures it out.
So, i appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Survival gets like half the Rexxar fantasy, the other half is weirdly given to bm hunters.
Rexxar weirdly represents bm hunters while using melee weapons.

It’s something that used to happen in cata which I was a fan of personally. SV now is more of a melee and utilities expert with less cooler pets. Which just leaves letting another spec besides bm get access to exotics. Bm already has minion summoning, two pet capabilities, exotic buffs, and pet buffing kits. In comparison, letting hunters use expotic pets lets you have more variance in your 5 pet party, more exotics when dual speccing, and let you use the cool pets besides one spec. Like why are snails/slugs only tied to beast mastery? Or stuff like Quiellen or pterodactlys… or worms!

As someone who has collected many pets off of various hunters, yes I would like to use them on a spec I find more fun and engaging with the fantasy I like better.

That’s not quite “whatever” reason, though. You are asking to have what was intentionally specific to one spec. If you take just the Exotic pets’ skins, you’re still taking from BM’s flavor. If you take the Exotic pets’ abilities, as well, you are taking from BM’s strengths. As such, it’s not strange that BM would have complaints about that.

Very mixed feeling about this one.

I like that I’d then be able to have my favorite pets (visually speaking) all ready to go for whatever spec, rather than needing to trade out any for BM vs. non-BM, but… I do still kinda like that they’re BM-specific.

That’s because Rexxar IS a Beastmaster. That’s the literal name of the hero type in WC3:FT.

That’s the reason for the shocked pickachu faces when the melee spec was… Survival. (Yes, for my safety, let me get closer to mine enemy.)

Not to mention it being forced across a whole spec instead of being a mere option with some trade of affordances (essentially, enlarging what BM would be capable of by stealing some of Melee’s perks when situational the costs of going melee were least), since we’d already had 6 expansions of BM being able to do things from range.

That’s a totally fair opinion. I think it’s just going to come down to the old “QoL/breadth of attraction vs. Identity/depth of attraction” debate:

Would the average Hunter’s enjoyment from gaining access to Exotic pets be increased to some weight greater than the cost to the average Hunter’s (emphasis here on BM Hunters) feeling of spec identity?

I’m not sure. Seems pretty coin-flip to me, just depending on how many more Hunters would ideally main BM than actually routinely play it vs. how many career BM players would rather not lose certain of their flavor perks when flexing towards the other specs.

I have to visit the stable master if I want to switch to bm . If I just play mm/sv I dont worry about it. If I play all 3 bm gets annoying to play with/have access to those pets I want need both exotics and non exotics in your pet rostor.

Shadowlands borrowed power design legendaries/soulbinds just made me stick to one specialization this expansion. I do miss my exotics.

Although engineering stables is very good for qol. Ultimately its a change that would benefit multiple aspects of playing a hunter and fantasy of various of hunter races.

respectfully, to me what you’re asking is the equivalent of a holy paladin demanding avenger’s shield because she can also equip shields, or an ele shaman jacking your spirit wolves and windfury totem on the grounds that ‘i paid money for the glyph that turns them into raptors and i never get to use it’.

exotics have been locked to beastmastery since 2008. I’m sorry you don’t like bm and i’m sorry you went out and tamed a bunch of exotic pets you can’t use, but some things are ok to be spec specific.

5 Likes

Sorry Bud, but this I stand firmly against.
ReXxAr is a BM hunter, period. Surv should have NEVER been melee, and unfortunately we are seeing this in surv’s tree. You can’t play surv without feeling like a melee bm hunter. Your cds, focus generators, half of the tree, are all BM oriented. There is nothing between BM and surv atm that would make anyone think msv isnt mbm (melee beast master).
There are plenty of pets out there that are cool to collect, and unfortunately, none of them are upcoming in the DF expansion. Blizz has basically pushed hunter pets into some generic pixels that executes KC and lets you use CDs.

1 Like

?
You can go into melee range even rn as bm. You still weren’t dpsing in cata using melee attacks.

That would be a plus if holy paladins got avengers shield. Spirit wolves being given to resto or elemental? That’s cool I mostly play enh and resto. Elemental shamans already took the fire elemental from enh but we get lava burst now. It would buff holy paladins to get another silence. And honestly windfury totem is worth ditching since it got hard nerfed and very situational. It’s only a party buff that effects melee only and it’s just a main hand auto attack buff making it a very niche buff that’s not fun to press as enhancement, its something glad I won’t have to take.

If you have taken a look at varoius class trees many specs are sharing there formerly unique utility. For example rogue shadowdance, priest holynova/ shadow priest legendary, warlock stuff, dk abilities, demonhunter brands, etc. I suggest you look over all the sharing that comes from other classes and specs.

Um yes we were. In Cataclysm we used a two hander for stats stick and melee spells and a gun for most of your damage. It was the last expansion most classes can transmog both melee and ranged weapons. If you play a hunter today you can still duel-wield like in past expansions. It just doesn’t have spells that work with it anymore.

In pvp you would use both very much. Since they had a melee range and ranged shot. They dumbed it down in MoP. They took out melee weapons, and stuff like totems and special items like paladin idols/books in MoP.

Rogues and warriors also could equip guns/bows and pull stuff with ranged attacks that became there ranged poke abilities they have now.

I’m not saying that you didn’t have those items equipped.
You just didn’t use any melee dps abilities in PvE.

And you can right now go into melee range and dps in melee range from there.

We had glyphs to buff them to provide damage mitigation when we use them. Yes we did use them, it just wasn’t used by most people, again they made the class easier for a reason. If they were to do an iteration like that now it would be more powerful various close range cone abilities mages have for example. There was more of a hybrid tax back in the day. That seems to be sort of gone now.

Was very useful for pvp and in raid when we had to stack.

In BM spec tree, few nodes still seem expensive, especially beast cleave, kindred spirit, stomp, and scent of blood. These all currently require two points to spend, if they reduce some of them in future builds, then we can definitely play around with couple of extra points once the bottom side of the tree is picked.

5 Likes

This. The only advantage to actually using those melee weapons was limited to when you’d otherwise have GCD downtime and wouldn’t have to give up an auto-shot to land an enhanced (Raptor Strike was a next-melee skill back then) auto-attack.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/BNBJGVSUVAigiEUCRUMVWioFRiUIBQQBU

BM spec tree

As can be seen, can’t really spend on Thrill of the Hunt, nor did it seem to worth the effort to try and get a 2nd end cap. Dire side just seems meh to me. While Blood Frenzy looks interesting, sure do have to go thru a lot of bleh to reach it.

I’d like to get Flame Walkers but won’t because avoiding Animal Companion

We still have ten 2 point nodes and two 3 point nodes. They really need to reduce every 3 point node in all trees to 2 points or less.

Figure they need to create 4-6 more points of freedom in the BM tree, in linked build would need 4 free just to reach Blood Frenzy choice node.

1 Like

The 2 point and 3 point nodes are a big problem. It’s a very bland tree with several DOA talents, Kindred Spirit for example. We need less 2 pointers and more total options.

The bland % damage buffs are pretty bad (most of the tree) and spending 3 points (Multi + Cleave x2) on Beast Cleave is too expensive. Multi-Shot is never pressed outside of activating Beast Cleave so I’m counting it in the 3, you will NEVER take multi without also taking cleave.

Also, both side capstones are meh, neither does much of anything in AE and they don’t even do that much damage. Call of the Wild is just a single target auto attacking bot, they don’t stomp or cleave, and it is very weak at around 10% more damage while it’s active for the 2 points.

The best part below 20, other than Rylaks (ignoring the fact that it’s just a generic CD buffing talent), is Burtal Companion. At the end of the day that’s just an uninspired Stomp 2.0 but at least it works in AE.

My issue with BW in the tree is it costs us 4 points to get it back to where is on live and another point to add in our leggo effect to it; 5 points on a single CD is WAY too many.

I kinda hate what they did to BM in the last build (props to them for removing Loaded Quiver) and I’m really hoping we get some attention now that the MM and Surv major issues have been addressed.

4 Likes