Feedback: Blizzard should allow Collector's Editions perks to transfer when merging accounts

I couldn’t find anywhere else to submit this feedback so I wanted to share it here in hopes it can reach Blizzard.

I’m someone who has been playing WoW since November 2004, and have always taken joy in trying to accomplish as much as possible in game, including filling in my pet and mount collections. I originally purchased the WoW: Collector’s Edition back in 2004 and had access to the mini diablo/zergling/panda cub pets. But because I shared this account with a family member (my dad) I moved onto my own account sometime after.

My old account is no longer in use by me or my family member so the collector’s edition pets are just sitting there. (Poor Panda cub is very hungry). I thought maybe if I merged my Blizzard accounts I could gain access to my old CE pets on my new account but I’ve been assured by several GMs that this is 100% not possible systematically. The way it was described to me is that if you merge account A to account B, the collection from account A is wiped and replaced with account B collection. There is no way to merge collections.

I would suggest that Blizzard implement this as a feature of account merging. It makes sense that if I own two seperate accounts and I can prove that I’m the owner (and that I’m not buying or selling an account) that I should have access to the goodies I paid for.

Anyways I’m not seeking a solution since its apparently not possible, but I’d love for the developers to get this feedback. And if anyone else agrees feel free to chime in!

Thanks!

Just so you know, Player feedback is not really collected here on the CS forums, as the devs don’t really frequent the support for player requests and suggestions.

Hopefully it will be moved to a place where your feedback will be heard.

3 Likes

General would be a better place for this. I’d normally move it - but I wanted to touch on how this actually works.

Blizzard acct A and Blizzard acct B both have licenses and collections.

You move a license from one to the other - say A to B, or vice versa.

Nothing is ‘wiped’ - it is just that collections don’t come with you. Still there, but on the original Blizzard account.

Incredibly old licenses may actually be able to do this - if the item is still in inventory and was never logged into to add to a collection, but once that is done, no.

3 Likes

Orlyia thanks for your response. Are you saying that I can move my collector’s edition license from my old account to my new one? Multiple GM’s told me its not possible.

What she’s saying is this: If that account is under a different battle dot net account, all the items from the collector’s will be tied to that battle dot net account.

Actually, let me look at this a bit more closely, now that I’m actually looking at this account, the above may not be strictly accurate. Give me a few, being a deluxe may add more wrinkles. The above is true for most collections, however - those would not come with a move.

Edit: I’m going to ask someone to contact you, this situation is a little different than just a move. Should be able to get you sorted I think.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to look into this further Orlyia. I really appreciate it. (:

3 Likes

Hi Arkageon, sorry to revive this topic two years later. Was support ever able to transfer your vanilla license to your current wow license? I was also told this is not possible as well. My old TBC collector’s edition license is registered on my old unused wow account on my current bnet account (my actual Netherwhelp Collar item is on both my current and old license from my TBC Collector’s Edition) and I really wanted to use him again in TBC Classic on my current wow license that I’ve used since WOTLK. Thank you!

1 Like

Billing can move licenses - provided they are under the same name.

There are a few things you should know, however.

If things are in a collection, they stay on the ORIGINAL Battlenet Account and will not move with the license. If this is so old that it was never added to a collection, the items would still exist in inventory and may be able to come over that way - but it would have to be a very very old account at this point.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your help and response! They are both under the same Bnet account and name just the key was registered on my original account. I can open a ticket to further the discussion.

1 Like