Fatal flaw

Casuals cried.

3 Likes

Absolute agreed!

I have seen the original “rushed” , but nothing like the 1.12 versions. It was possible to rush at a brisk pace. But like I have said in another thread it requires raid geared tanks and healers + actual DPS.

All that careful organized play and real tank need went out the window with all the NPC nerfs.

People were different, gear was different; classes were different. Their reasoning is “NPCs were too difficult”, would that be the case today? Would that even have been the case in 2005 if they had patch 1.12 classes, etc? Why not have all the NPCs, why not have Korrak and the Winterax trolls? How are those things detracting from the experience?

Eventually the playerbase is going to be so geared, all those NPCs are going to fall over anyways. Why not give them a little bite at AV launch and have the battleground look a little more lively?

I’m all for the positive changes made to AV over the course of the many iterations it had in Vanilla. I just want all the NPCs to be restored and if possible, the full-scale map.

2 Likes

Can we define casual?

To me unless you’re playing 12-18 hours a day. You’re a casual. So a majority of the playerbase cried?

The last pserver I played on used old AV, there isn’t much difference between it and 1.12, people still zerg. Days long battles in AV are a thing of the past, 1.5 AV won’t bring that back.

2 Likes

People don’t understand this. They don’t understand player mentality has changed.

2 Likes

People who complained that the NPCs in AV hit too hard because they couldn’t bother to replace their greens.

I think anything over 6 hours a day is pretty hardcore.

2 Likes

I don’t think time played is important in distinguishing hardcore vs casual.

You can play casually for 18 hours a day.

Then rank 14 players are casuals, right? Since they casually played BGs for 16+ hours a day?

People always complain about casuals ruining Vanilla. The people who were rank 14 back in Vanilla keyboard turned, they didn’t keybind. They just played BGs. Most weren’t even good.

They “casually” played BGs for 16 hours a day.

Casuals didn’t ruin AV. You can’t harbor an elitist mindset and complain about casuals when chances are you are exactly the casual you complain about.

How long does it take to raid the Auction House (full clear)?

Nope. Read what I said.

Nice strawman.

Depends on your goldscore.

1 Like

How do you define casual then? Since I’m assuming you’re not a casual and yet you said AV changed because they listened to casual.

I think they either listened to players or player metrics and used that to alter AV. We don’t need to be insulting casual players and trying to blame them for what some call “bad changes” to AV.

You’re trying to portray your subjective opinion as a fact. Things don’t work like that. Some Vanilla players liked the never-ending AV’s, some like the faster one. Neither is objectively better than the other.

As I said before, I don’t care which we get since I enjoy them both.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: 2-3 hour 1.12 battles are better than 2-3 day 1.5 battles.

3 Likes

LOL… “Academic mind”. You wouldn’t have one if you could buy one.

Not an unpopular opinion, it’s the opinion of the silent majority.

1 Like

Except this is 2019. The choice is 2-3 hour 1.12 battle, or 2-3 hour 1.5 battle. Don’t believe me? Go play one of the many pservers running 1.5 AV.

I am betting that once you got your loot you wouldn’t touch it again regardless of what version it is.

1 Like