Fatal flaw

Everytime you mention vanilla WoW too the people that are my age and actually grew up with the game, the first thing they say is, OMG old AV was so good.

I went on a private server and tried to get my friends to play and they all said, let me know if AV is good and I’ll play if it’s like it used to be.

Anyways it wasn’t good on the private servers, pretty broken and none of my friends wanted to play and frankly I quit the game because that’s the whole reason I grinded to 60 was to experience old AV again.

So you guys have a lot of time to reconsider this really bad decision you have made about 1.12 and I hope you fix this even if it means tweaking it back to something resembling 1.5

Nobody liked the changes you made in 1.12, literally nobody. I think maybe like 3 people on the server liked it. No one cares if you wanna buff the honour in WSG or AB too make it more balanced so you aren’t forced into AV but we all want old AV. Every single person who ever played old WoW wants old AV. It’s the most important aspect of the game you want to get right.

We want the 2 day battles, we don’t care how unbalanced or aids it might seem form a developers standpoint. It was fun and it was awesome and no one cared about honour from what I remembered everyone would just jump on and battle at the bridge for like 2hours and it was so fun. I would play AV like 40hours a week.

Anyways I can’t be expected to invest time into this game if you guys can’t make AV good. It’s literally the #1 reason me and my friends were excited for classic WoW. Now it feels like we’ve been slapped in the face. I don’t understand how blizzard doesn’t understand how awesome there old AV was. .

Please fix this, this is huge, you guys need to man up and do the right thing even if it takes a bit of extra work. You have til phase 3 to fix this. Please please please do it.

And no sharding, absoloutely no sharding, the best part of the private servers was finding someone in the world and knowing that I might run into that same person again. Or knowing that I have to be respectful to everyone as I’m probably gonna need there help one day down the road.

Super super disappointing and I hope this gets remedied.

34 Likes

If the extent of what you care about in WoW is one instanced BG you really don’t care about WoW.

34 Likes

that’s a really bizarre and illogical statement as im on the forums posting

7 Likes

Just ignore him, he’s a resident here.

12 Likes

I got to agree with you, 1.12 is heavily nerved content and is probably the worst example of classic av available.

12 Likes

/shrug you went on to extol that the single most important thing in vanilla WoW was 1.5 AV. A BG with such poor participation blizzard was forced to change it, during vanilla.

6 Likes

Some people only play BFA to pet battle and thats all they do. How is someones method of fun a problem? If he likes 1.5, thats a completely respectable position. His opinion isn’t wrong for it. I respect your preference for dual spec, I can disagree with you but youre not an invalid voice because of it. Doesnt mean blizzard will do either on both these issues but that’s besides the point.

7 Likes

It’s good to know you didn’t play vanilla. That’s accurate if we’re talking about private servers, ya no one plays AV cause it sucks. But back in the day it was always full. Maybe you should stop hating on people that are providing there opinion to blizzard.

Like no one is going to say I’m not gonna play classic WoW because its at 1.5 instead of 1.12 but I can guarantee you there are a substantial amount of people that won’t play if AV isn’t like they remember it being when we were 15 yrs old.

4 Likes

The BG was always full? I guess maybe on the few times it actually popped.

3 Likes

Look if you were to young to play WoW back then okay but clearly you never played the game. AV was booming literally like 100% of the day. That’s why these battles would last for like 2 days. They were full. It wasn’t like the private servers that you are referring too.

Yes on the private servers AV sucks no one plays it. But blizzard tried to improve it and failed and should go back to when it was good. (1.5 timeline)

4 Likes

I mean I guess I agree, blizzard should make a server that is nothing but a queue for 1.5 AV and we all start with pre made characters.

You seem to have really nailed down the single only important aspect of vanilla.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone contradict themself so quickly.

7 Likes

I don’t understand your point, seems trolly

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

My friends since I’m the gamer are gonna ask are you playing classic and I’m gonna say no because there’s no AV like how we remember it and there gonna go oh I didn’t know there was no AV I was gonna sub and try it out but now I might pass

Like this is very important. They got a lot right about this, but this is one of the 2 things I know of right now that they need to fix or there screwing themselves. This and sharding are the biggest issues plagueing this game right now.

If blizz doesn’t make the hardcore gamer happy everyone suffers and this is really really important.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

2 Likes

Not everyone played on an imbalanced backwater PVE dumpster of an abandoned server like you.

Most of us played on reasonably populated and decently balanced servers where Games were always going.

4 Likes

I’m one of the people who wanted an earlier, but to be honest it’s entirely possible that a AV 1.5 would be zerged when we’ve got 1.12 balance on virtually everything else.

Unless you’ve got some kind of evidence that using 1.12 will severely harm the player count and not just “me and my friends wont play and who knows how many else!”, then you unfortunately don’t have must of an argument here.

We’ve gone back and forth on this issue for over a year since before we even knew what version we were getting, and Blizzard looked at every debate pro-1.5 people could put forth and decided “let’s do 1.12 anyway”.

5 Likes

I’m really happy to see the majority of the player base (the people that actually played) are in favour of 1.5 2 day battle AVs. This is really good I think bliz will probably backpedal on this. They have so much time to fix this.

Old AV is impossible to zerg. Like the classes would have to be like 3x more powerful to zerg it. (thats just a random # but still)

The bosses and mobs and guards were strong, you can’t run in with a raid and just wipe everything. The guards will wreck most of ur raid by the time they get to the bridge (i was horde). Like you can’t do it.

And the people that are saying AV is empty, AV closes if there’s less than 20 people and battles would wage on for days. So clearly there was no issue in people wanting to play it.

If the que didn’t pop for you it was because the BG was full and a ton of people were qued. or u were in a pve role play server full of level 17 naked night elf 40yr old virgins running around goldshire sending pics of there dick to anyone unfortunate enough to add them on myspace

3 Likes

Classes are significantly stronger in 1.12 than they were in 1.5.

My understanding is that the private servers tried to mimic a 1.5 AV and even then it still got zerged.

I’m not saying it’s guaranteed and I’d still like to have at least given it the change, but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility that it would happen. People have been pointing out for a while now that 1.12 balance will by itself render a lot of content significantly easier due to how classes were balanced, and AV is no exception to that.

2 Likes

The private servers didn’t have the core mechanics right in the game. LIke they made so many liberties when trying to piece a working version of WoW together. All I know is there is no way you could zerg 1.5 AV. Like the mobs were ruthless. On my private server people would zerg because they figured out the glitch where you can jump up into the alliance zone and avoid the bridge and go right to the boss.

NOW THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

1 Like