Fatal flaw

Vanilla peaked at 7.5 million players.

It’s not impossible, it just requires a very specific skill set and group of players.

The “Zerg” of old AV is possible, but it’s hardly a Zerg by most people’s definition even if it’s still technically a zerg that’s speer headed by extremely geared PvE players or a full 40 player raid team.

In other words it’s not common, but not impossible.

Is anyone going to point out that there are maybe 3 videos of pre 1.5 alterac valley and to even ask for a video of a strategy that didn’t exist back then is sheer absurdity?
https://archive.org/details/FogemiWorldOfWarcraftPvPvideobyFogemi
This is the only one I’ve found, for reference. lols
thank god 1.5 av is never coming back.

1 Like

Okay sure 7.5 million people, show me 1 video out of 7.5 million people. Thats basically the entire population of Switzerland. If you know it’s possible surely you must be able to provide me 1 video out of 7.5 million player.

Or you just expect everyone to bow to your “superior” :wink: intelligence making a claim saying something is possible when no one has done it before and you never even played the game. lawl

stop trolling buddy come on go back to retail, let the real nerds handle classic so you can enjoy it one day and it doesn’t get messed up because kids don’t know how ridiculous the things coming out of there mouth are.

The strat didin’t exist Ironside because you couldn’t zerg AV because of the guards and all the bosses, and everything else in the AV. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend such a simple concept. 7.5 million people (in your words) and not a single video you can produce. You think 1 guild out of 7.5 million people, 1 guild didn’t say, hey why don’t we just try zerging AV. like come on gtfo man go play retail stop wasting time.

And that video is a private server you idiot, I literally almost made a post saying Williams is frantically searching the internet for a video that doesn’t exist and he’s gonna post a vid of some private server.

You can tell this is a private server because theres not enough people in the raid. In the actual client the server would shut down within 5minutes if there was under 20 people. Well done. Really really embarrassing and disappointing that your still speaking, stop trolling admit your wrong and move on with your life.

1.5 era (pre-nerf) was both more interesting, challenging and more fun for most players.

I fully agree with the people who want the original pre nerf AV because it’s far better in design.

The post nerf version is absolutely a zerg fest because it’s the most efficient way to win.

Pre nerf AV does not encourage this behavior because the NPC’s will wreck typical players who’re not backed by raiders.

The early version is not zerg proof, but it’s very uncommon for a zerg to take place outside of the required geared players and organized play.

2 Likes

holy jeepers Williams, that’s literally what this whole thread has been about, this is what ive been saying. 1.5 plz not 1.12 zerg fest. we agree, im happy we agree, please tell blizzard this because 1.5 was awesome and I want to play it again really really bad.

Subjective.

Subjective.

Sometimes its a zerg fest. Sometimes its a turtle.

Neither does post nerf AV. Players encourage the behavior.

How can you even gauge how common a zerg would be in 1.5 if the playerbase has changed so much since then.

LAWL IRONSIDE YOU KILL ME BRO

SUBJECTIVE

SUBJECTIVE

proceeds to provide 3 subjective/speculative answers

lmao ur to much man

I forgot to add posting htat private server video is pretty funny too im still laughing about that, I knew u were gonna do that. Only a person that never played Vanilla would not recognize in about 6 seconds that that’s a private server.

The player base has not gotten better overall.

It’s a common concept that modern players love to tell them selves when watching old entertainment videos from 2005 made by players who were creative and were typically average at best.

Most of the PvE / PvP videos of the old era you guys compare to were as bad back then as they are now.

All they were was entertaining and nothing more.

1 Like

The playerbase has gotten more knowledgeable and has a more min/max oriented attitude–“better”.

If they weren’t more min/max oriented, there wouldn’t be a problem with zerg rushing in 1.12, would there?

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest with you Ironsides, the people that play WoW currently are either casuals or not that creative of people. Like min maxing is more of a thing you do in games that require deep thought and mathematics. WoW currently is kind of a face roll.

That being said, with the talent trees and gear people were way more min maxy in vanilla. If you wernt a very specific spec most of the time your not gonna be doing any end game content, or if you don’t have that magic # of fire res, ur not going to MC.

Guy wants a video of 1.5 AV being zerged, I can’t even find a video of 1.5 AV at all.

1 Like

Par for the course considering you yourself stated “Literally nobody liked the changes”. Deal in hyperbole, get hyperbole in return.

Not sure why its so hard to make an argument these days without gross exaggerations…

1 Like

He doesn’t know that because he either didn’t actually play original vanilla or he didn’t raid in even a mid tier guild.

Just about anyone doing at least BWL should have understood the bare bones basics of min-maxing by mid vanilla.

Even the guilds that fell apart had tons of great players who knew how to build and gear a character to an effective end.

These private server guys like to think they invented efficiency, but the sad reality is they were fed this information by better vanilla players who ended up in their realms.

They genuinely think the so called advancement in the private servers is new thinking. It’s as delusional to think so as it would be to claim that modern people are more skilled or better than those that came before them.

It’s ridiculous to ask for because first there was no such thing as YouTube in 2005 and if I want old videos I need to pay to use the good part of Warcraft movies… Screw that!

YouTube launched February 2005.

Oh please. I was more likely than not more advanced in progression than you were before I quit.
From the amount incorrect things I’ve seen you post on the forums, I’d be surprised if you did anything beyond hit level 60 and get farmed in warsong gulch as a BM spec hunter.

Call it people wanting to take the path of least resistance then. People know what the path of least resistance is.
You’re fully capable of screwing over the initial push for horde/alliance with a few frost mages/hunters at the appropriate chokepoints in 1.12 AV. Put 10 people on D and you can shut it down completely. The reason why people don’t? They get flamed by their own team mates for dragging the game on. They want their rep farms done. They want more honor/hour. Etc.

1.5 was not a good AV. Did it have some interesting points? Sure, I remember doing the Ryson’s seeing Eye quest…one time…

On Stormreaver, if a certain guild didn’t queue in with 15-20+ people, most AVs closed due to lack of players because people would afk out and join the “preferred” AV which would finish in about 20 minutes. Being that Blizzard changed it within a few months, I don’t think it’d be too much of a stretch to say that most servers had that problem.

Remember when Hitler’s premade AV failed? lol

May as well not have existed at that point.

Nearly all Warcraft related stuff was too big for the old YouTube format and the trend at the time was specifically WarCraftmovies.

YouTube didn’t really catch on til mid TBC, and even then Warcraft movies was still the dominant site.

Ironside again that was in 1.12 that happened. You clearly are not remembering things correctly or just making things up. I find it hard to believe you ever played vanilla. No game ever ended in 25minutes ever during 1.5. And I never seen a server close on doomhammer playing AV.

Now that I think about it what your describing is actually probably a private server you have played on in recent memory.

Plenty did. They called it The Cabalterac Valley on Stormreaver. Anyone that played during that time period would remember it.

It definitely wasn’t a private server. They all have the deserter debuff, and BG hopping wouldn’t be possible like I described.