Fatal flaw

You don’t know that you can’t zerg 1.5 AV with 1.12 balance because that scenario never happened in real Vanilla. You’re not going to convince anybody here, much less Blizzard, by using the argument of “I’m right because I said so”.

and being able to backdoor the Alliance base is something that could happen in real Vanilla. It’s a problem of the terrain of the map, not the mechanics of private servers.

It just wasn’t all that well known back in 2006. Even being able to zerg the 1.12 version of AV wasn’t something every server figured out until TBC.

Really blizzard excuse is it’s to much effort. And if that’s truly the case then they should balance it. But it’s not, there’s to much like look at all the nurfs they made. There’s buffs from turn ins, world bosses, upgraded troops, calvary charges and the sub bosses were brutally difficult too. It’s not like people all of a sudden could wreck MC at the end of the game in 1.12. People still sucked at the game and the majority of players didn’t even have a single epic apart from a couple easy ones you could get from quests or crafting that really weren’t even that easy to get.

Going to have to agree with Ziryus on this one.

I LOVED 1.5 AV, but if I have to be honest I rarely went to it because I had other things to do. When I did queue for it (outside of the first two weeks of it being up) the queue times were insanely long.

1 Like

That’s only because it was so awesome and everyone wanted to que for it. Like it’s cool if you wanted to do other things and decided it wasn’t worth it to wait out the que time but a lot of us felt like AV was the best part of Vanilla and it has to be restored to like how it was for me to get back into this game like I did so many years ago.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about your server, but on mine people were running 20 player Molten Cores by the end in 1.12.

We absolutely 100% were wrecking Molten Core.

and as much as I’d love to give earlier AV a chance at being epic, my support stops at giving us something that isn’t authentic.

We should get the game that was, and if we discover new things that let us play it in a different way they should not change the game just to force us to play it a certain way that some of us remember doing in 2004-2006.

It’s the same game, not the same individual experience.

1.5 AV with everything else 1.5, that is authentic.

Ya my guild did that too but we were also in full AQ40 gear and BWL. Like I don’t think 20 people in tier 0 could do MC at the end of vanilla. I might be wrong about that but I don’t think so.

Tier 0 is also garbage for most classes.

In 1.12 I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if 25-30 players using pre-raid BiS could clear Molten Core.

It was pretty normal to clear MC, even early on, with 20 good players and 20 warm bodies.

I would absolutely believe that the 1.12 changes can make up the difference from losing the 20 warm bodies.

1.12 AV sucks.

No one wants the 2 day battles except for wrathbabies who follow youtubers who constantly jerk off the 1.5 version AV.

If everyone was queuing for it, then it would have popped. If it never popped that means no one was playing it. Furthermore, even if there was a 1.5 AV there is no guarantee that it wouldn’t still result in the 2 raids riding by each other and /waving. If the most efficient way to get honor/rep is to end the match then that’s how people will play. That’s not on blizzard, that’s on the power gamers.
Seriously, the only thing worse than your arguments is your grammar. I’m not perfect but damn, you’re taking a hatchet to it.

your arguments invalid as you cant just run past the other raid in 1.5 AV. You’d all just get wrecked by the guards.

1 Like

/eyeroll.
If the players don’t fight each other and instead focus on just killing the NPCs (which include the guards) then the battle will still be over (relatively) quickly. If winning is the most efficient honor per hour that is what people will do.
It aint rocket science

1 Like

As long as I have good ol’ faithful WSG, I don’t care what version of AV they use.

If that’s true, then they are no big loss.

Capture the flag, regardless of what game it’s in, can burn in hell. I’d take dental surgery over WSG. AV/AB4Life.

1 Like

then post 1 video of someone doing that from 1.5 AV. Just name 1 person anyone at all if that is at all remotely true. Just 1 example is all I need. Im sure this should be no problem as everyone apparently was doing it in 1.5 according to you because its the path of least resistance?

Or your wrong and it was impossible and that’s why it never happened and the guards would just wreck you 100% of the time like ive been saying.

Its possible if you have a proper and organized raid team, but not as quickly as you can zerg post nerf AV.

Pre nerf would require properly geared raid tanks and 3 to 5 really dedicated PVE spec DPS players with coordination.

link video ive never seen it done

Fraps video from 05 is really crude, and very few people recorded game play back then.