Fastest way to gear up? (Afflock)

I want to make sure im not missing anything. Got a full set of honor gear instantly thank god. Its just conquest grind now right? And take my pieces to the magic box for tier set?

Also how do i get precog now? I heard it changed from s1

It’s most economical to use your first sparks on crafting gear with the two free conquest trophies you’ll get within your first couple wins.

Precog is created by using statuette of foreseen power as an embellishment on a crafted piece that doesn’t have a locked embellishment(infurious stuff, for example)

3 Likes

Besides what nelphy said which is absolutely correct, get the weekly quests (this week is epic bgs, solo shuffle, and blitz is always up).

Blitz is good, you get the brawl quests (110 cq plus bonus) plus a quest to complete (not win) 1, and then an additional quest for 3 more.

The shuffle quest is also just to complete 12 rounds (queues).

Honestly if you have the stomach for lfg or 2 friends, I’d recommend doing “gearing 3s”

It’s about 100 cq a win, and queues are fast af.

1 Like

This reply made me realize i have no idea what im doing lol.

What are conquest trophies?

1 Like

Optional crafting reagent that causes the piece to scale to 489 ilev in pvp. They can be purchased for the price of a standard piece in that slot (525, 700, 875) and you get 2 free ones (700 and 875) from a quest item you’ll find in your first strongbox of the season that can be handed in to the conquest vendor.

It’s called Artisan’s Consortium Flier if you want to check your bags. :dracthyr_love_animated:

4 Likes

Look for this lol, bc I had it and was confused until I looked again.

Yeah, it doesn’t auto-accept the quest when you open the strongbox and get the item so it’s…easy to miss and forget about. Every char should get theirs from their first box of the season.

Yea. Was my second character too and had done a decent amount of stuff so was super confused until I googled it. Then felt like a dummy.

Now I have to figure out what to do with 5k conquest and counting

so i got one, however it was called “artisan’s consortium leaflet”. so basically i can buy two pieces of crafted gear and then use this to power them up?

does anyone know what the best 2 pieces to use this on might be?

You just use the trophies as reagents in the crafting; it’s not the same crafted gear as the auction house greens. I’ll edit in the prefix cloth uses when i get home

edit: vibrant wildercloth is the name of the items you’ll place work orders for. idr the name of the building, there’s a place in valdrakken on the level below the auction house where you can put public orders up, using your reagents, to get them crafted by people with the relevant tradeskill

https://murlok.io/warlock/affliction/3v3#equipment

this tracks what gear people use as well

Check my armory, it’s essentially what you wanna do. Some people mix haste and mastery, i go full haste personally, whatever.

Can also check solo shuffle leaderboard for different builds, as aff doesn’t have much 3v3 representation.

Thank you. I got my second crafted last night and working on 4 piece. Ill probably go full haste and grab some mastery pieces when im done to see how it feels.

Only about 1600 rating right now but im guessing some more mastery might be nice to buff up my instant cast dots once im facing people that dont feed me precog constantly.

Shockingly im almost never the kill target which has been such a relief but i have a feeling that will change.

2 Likes

I’d say do all weekly - some Blitz and if you have a guild/friends - play some RBGs. Affliction is doing great in bigger format. Playing Affli without gear in 3s or RSS would be a nightmare. Especially low RSS where people will remove your dots like famous Ret Blinding Light.

Mainly just slamming rss right now. I cant complain(thats a lie). Wish i had a crew for the group stuff but im not worried about it. I have 5 epics after a day, should be fully geared by tuesday and then its off to the races if i dont already have 1800 by then.

I did do a couple bgs and an epic and won all of them and got a pretty chunky amount of conquest, it was nice.

Its been shockingly good so far. Definitely watched full rows of dots disappear a few times via hunters/pallies but such is life. My main complaint is i dont actually understand the ins and outs of my rotation yet so i know im missing out on dmg but ill figure that out with time maybe.

Good for you then buddy. Good luck.

1 Like

gearing up as destro would probably be the fastest way

do your weekly quests, and the epic bg quest in wintergrasp and ashran for some bonus conquest

After that make sure to get your first win of the day in both battleground blitz, random bg, and epic bg (I usually skip the epic bg one)

if you’ve done all of these for the day, then next would be 2’s with a healer or friend, and signing up for some low rated battlegrounds and hoping you get a win, if you get a win it’s a pretty nice payout

Yes but Affliction plays a bit different gear but it’s a good idea. Or even Demo I’d say

Its possible but mainly using RSS i would probably have longer queue times as destro. And if im playing a spec i enjoy/know a little bit more about, my performance will probably be the same if not better as aff.

2 Likes

I agree was just making a joke of it. Aff is my favorite lock spec so when it’s not the best i’m sad :frowning:

2 Likes