Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

guys stay focused on the real problem. the cap remains at 2 per week. complete lie by blizz to create hype

3 Likes

Its not how many we want, its how they play out that were not happy about. This was meant to fix time gating. Yes it allows us to bypass the 2 per week. That’s assuming the alt or new person is able to do a 5 mask clear and kill nzoth on normal or higher.

Yes they did do that. However that change also made it to where you are behind on your research with mother since by having less runs required you dont have as many momentos. Therefore your power in the visions isn’t as great as it was for people going thru them with the original implementation.

Yes you can buy all these things but again, its how they are doing it and the cost of it all. One of the people above said that it was 42k to get most of the setup of a character done.

Basically this timegate fix, doesn’t really fix anything since echo farming on an undergeared alt isn’t possible and by the time they can actually get themselves together the xpac should hopefully be about to release. So there is no point for people to come back still.

1 Like

it’s repeatable until you catch up… you can buy as many for 2k as you want up until you’ve reached the current max resistance allowed

1 Like

Also having pre-nerf echoing void and BiS 470 IL equipped week 2 of the raid being open because you run an absurd amount of split runs helps.

You are saying that they had no essences and no corruption when they did this? I think you might want to double check that.

There is an endless grind in SL? Honestly, I thought they said they are doing away with AP.

This truly points out the incredible failure that the corruption and cloak system are. I hope we never see a system like this again.

2 Likes

Need = impossible without.

I dont really get it. Does this mean that the two cap per week is still there or that its removed now?

The only “grind” to my knowledge is going to be legendary stuff, but you get to choose your legendaries so who cares if you have to wait awhile for the bad ones like AMS healing you?

Gear is going to be gear (since no tier) so the very week+ opens up people can get BiS heroic raid IL gear from spamming and never replace those pieces unless they raid mythic or do whatever other content drops higher.

1 Like

@Kaivax
Can we please get clarification on whether this means we can gain an additional 2 cores per week, or if we can theoretically purchase 14 cores with 28k echoes in the first week with no time gate to go from 50 resist to 92?

Everyone seems to be confused

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the average player wouldn’t dare to touch a 5 mask, let alone normal Ny’loatha

You are correct though, heroic is now trivial to me because gear upgrade is now almost little, that’s why I’m getting ready to do mythic now

1 Like

Does anyone have an alt with 15 cloak and 6000 echoes to test if its capped or not?

1 Like

Is it live now? I have two alts I can do this with.

If this was a real catch up, I would be on my pally spamming M+.

Blizzard can we get clarification with your wording. Does this mean we can still only get 2 malefic cores perk week and it will still take an alt that just leveled their cloak 15 weeks to catch up to cap? Or does this mean we can now buy unlimited amount of cores to reach cap as long as we have to farm echoes (which is a time gate in itself)?

They also have many many years behind there belt, stack classes, cheese mechanics and prepare months in advance with the best BoE’s gold can buy so your logic is faulty.

1 Like

Make upgrades cost 2000 Coalescing Visions, because Echoes of Ny’alotha is more useful to spend on corruptions.

4 Likes

O true its later on today whoops.

Very pleased with this change. Now it will be easier for me to upgrade my resistance on my cloak.

Thanks for doing this! :smiley:

1 Like

Why does every fix we get have to come straight out of a monkey’s paw wish
I’m so tired of farming echoes, and farming through anything other than 2v2 arena is a huge waste of time to begin with
In what world does a 30 second 2v2 win yielding more echoes than a mythic raid boss kill make sense?

8 Likes