Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

Listen, the fact that Blizzard is actually putting a hotfix into the game for this after we thought they would never find a solution that is more appropriate than their current system, I am happy that they at least heard us.

I think that’s a big factor here.
Unfortunately they’ve balanced wanting to help those that need to finish the tier off with the elimination of alt viability.

I do agree though.

2 Likes

One visions gives you 750 echoes,Malefic core cost 2000, so you need at least two visions and some other activities to get 2000 echoes, and then you’ll need more echoes to buy your corruptions. More time played I guess.

2 Likes

This. If you magically got all your perfect corruptions on all your 475+ pieces (lol…) then sure they’re easy to farm. But when it takes an entire week to accumulate the 15k echoes to buy 1 corruption…and you need 4 of them… Yeah you’re still going to be many weeks behind.

6 Likes

Also the post states, “It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week, by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.”

Does that mean 2 cores from any combo of visions and N’Zoth? or just a typo and still 1 from Visions and 1 from N’Zoth?

3 Likes

Good job, Blizz. Definitely a needed fix. Would still love to get a few more echoes per week to help with the grind.

1 Like

I’m sure all those “I had to earn it, so you should too!” Folk who loved to pretend Maelfic Cores were nothing more than a time gate are feeling pretty dumb right now.

2 Likes

“This will be repeatable, up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor.”

This sounds like you’re capped at 2.

1 Like

Wait, what am I missing? You can STILL only get two Malefic cores per week. If you’re behind, you STILL can’t catch up. I don’t understand why anyone thinks this is a “win”.

3 Likes

That’s really their mentality. Something cyclical to keep you playing the content since we don’t have anything new coming.

As predicted.

What’s next ? Will the stream on July 8th actually show a version of the Covenant system that is good?

Guess we’ll find out in two weeks!

Really though, they shouldve just allowed us to get it from visions repeatedly along with this change. since 2k echoes can be farmed yes. but they ways to farm them on an undergeared alt isn’t easy. arena wins reward lots of echoes and can be the fastest way to get echoes. That though requires you to win. Dailies on the other hand can easily be done even when undergeared. Getting a Normal Nzoth kill and higher on a new alt isn’t something that the mass can do.

Like this is a good change. Its just not a great change.

Also they should just put all corruptions on the vendor since those are the biggest power gains and why time gate us more when the xpac is over and theres no point to a real time gate. all its gunna do is push people away

2 Likes

More like they’ll realize it costs 28000 echoes to get to max cloak at cap

Meaning you’re once again forced to run visions to catch up, just as I had always said to do

3 Likes

Something tells me it wasn’t your post so much as the dozens of them over the past few weeks.

Nope, read it again.

So is it only 2 cores per week still?

3 Likes

WE did it BOYS! The majorities voices have finally be heard! A hotfix for a time gate. Rejoice my brethren, these are changing times!

I just did right before you posted. My bad :sweat_smile:

Just remove the limit from the kills and visions would have fixed it.

1 Like

Umm so yeah not really a win.
I take back what I wrote lol.

2 Likes