Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

Why didn’t you just let full vision clears keep giving malefic cores up to max? Coalescing are already a limiting currency.

7 Likes

echo prices are all a little too high. really don’t have a desire to play again if i have to farm 100k echoes to be caught up.

4 Likes

So is the TLDR for this basically “If you’re a returning player, don’t bother with the cloak”?

4 Likes

Yes
/10char

1 Like

Maybe you could make the Malefic Cores 100 echoes cheaper each week? Until they cost 500 echoes, perhaps, when an alt would need 30 of them to be competitive for the remaining month or so.

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with the catch up I have a problem with how long it takes up upgrade this cloak.

It will take until September 8th to finish upgrading the cloak. That is 9 months from when it came out. Compared to upgrading Argus trinkets which took a whole 12 weeks to finish.

9 months vs 12 weeks isn’t even comparable.

Can we just have the cores uncapped now? I mean are we really going to wait till September 8th to be done with it?

I would rather try out some fun corruption builds now but can’t got to wait till September when the expansion will almost be done.

5 Likes

In my opinion, 2,000 echoes is too expensive.

Echoes as they’re currently implemented, offers progression catch-ups at the cost of power, and lacking power makes it difficult to earn echoes in every possible way. For example, you can’t really push M+ keys above M6 if you lack a significant amount of corruption, nor can you get echoes from winning PvP if your lack of corruption means you put your team at a significant disadvantage in terms of gameplay. Furthermore, gaining corruption is over 25 times less expensive than resisting it; currently corruptions are priced so that 1 point of corruption = about 10 echoes, whereas 1 corruption resistance is about 650 echoes. That’s ridiculous!

Personally, I think y’all need to dramatically reduce the cost of catching up. Slash the cost of essences, malefic cores, and vessels by 80%; roughly to what they were before you added corruptions to the game. Let catching up be easy and fast but still require a modicum of work and let actually optimizing via corruptions be the expensive thing. Currently the catch-up costs are so expensive that despite having the systems in place, I don’t want to engage with them at all.

3 Likes

For those who have alts and wanna gear them up while content is dry, Can yall get rid of the quest chain to unlock the cloak, I have done the quest chain 4 times and it still makes me want to smash my head into my desk.

7 Likes

I find it funny how some long quest lines a lot of fun, like our artifact weapons or class mounts but this quest chain is draining. Hard to find a reason why people dislike this one so much. Maybe its because classes arent as fun to play as they were in legion.

1 Like

Unlocking the cloak isn’t so bad to me, but all the grinding to level it up. Collecting Visions and Mementos, each run only providing a single upgrade AT MOST, etc, those I find rather draining.

3 Likes

well now imagine that for each alt you want to get somewhat out there…

draining is a very kind word for it.

2 Likes

non-raider whose guilds all died and pretty much got everything to ilevel 445/450 off emissaries here… Thanks, I’ll take another look at those Wrathion quests. Kind of already invincible on all the open world content including world raid bosses, but more ilevels is more ilevels, right?

Maybe get to solo dungeons if I can’t already. Feel like I could almost solo them on normal back at 400 ilevel…

Watch prelaunch events shower us with ilevel 500 sets…

This…so much this. :squid:

Nice, got kind of bored and missed two weeks of capping the cloak with a vision.

So this is nice! :wink:

Gift horse, looking in the mouth of same :wink:
It gives people who could not otherwise ever catch up, since they can’t do a kill with non LFR, a way to do it.

At that price, however, you’re paying for corruption resistance and have no echoes for the corruption you’re paying to put on your gear.

2 Likes

Yes this system is terrible …

6 Likes

Dude, no one cares what you had to do. Congrats, you got it before others. Now everyone else gets to catch up.

It in no way effects YOU.

2 Likes

Why can’t it be catch up for those just comming back from the expac aswell ? It’ll take several weeks to even reach rank 15 . Legion had catch up mechanics right at the end of the expac . Bfa is worse almost makes wod look way better . Eeek

3 Likes

It doesn’t effect you what I have. That doesn’t stop your pathetic whining though.

I was wondering if anyone there can explain the reasoning behind having the Cores available to purchase, as many as you want, but still only allow one full clear per week to give you a core? It makes sense to me to let us run the visions over and over again to get the cores to the current cap AND/OR buy them if that’s what we want to do. Playing the content should be the preferred way to get the Cores, in my opinion.

3 Likes