Farming shoulders for 6 years

After my probably 500th run, and getting the good old double wrist/belt loot drop. Just sat down and realised this. Are we having fun yet?

16 Likes

I am :man_shrugging:. Are you?

11 Likes

“This completely optional grind is not fun, instead of taking a break because I realize it’s not fun, I’m going to continue to do it, but this time, I’m gonna whine about it too.”

59 Likes

I’m assuming you’re after Garrosh’s shoulders? I’ve been farming Invincible for I don’t even know how many years, I don’t want to know how many runs across all my characters, and still no horse. It is what it is.

15 Likes

I believe I was sitting on the Judgment set minus shoulders for about as long. Now granted I wasn’t farming it every week for those six years, but I did do it every time I was on a paladin. Eventually I think I got it in BfA when I had multiple paladins that could each take a crack at it. So there’s that method if you like alts.

4 Likes

Keep going, why stop now and waste all those runs?

Edit: Are you a tailor and can you make me some bags?

3 Likes

I made it through mythic siege of orgrimmar once that was tedious enough for me.

I did get the mount tho. I took it as an omen.

3 Likes

Garrosh shoulder? I dropped 2 of them while farming the mount which took me over 500 trys until in droped the mount. About the shoulders? I dropped them with my demon hunter and my mage :frowning:

2 Likes

This is infuriating. Blizz needs to let us unlock an appearance on any character regardless if it is their armor type or can even be equipped as long as the item is BoP. As it is, if there is a specific item I’m after I won’t do any runs of that dungeon/raid on a class that can’t equip it.

23 Likes

I stopped farming shoulders when I tore a rotator cuff. They had to fix it with a piece from a cadaver. Now I walk amongst the undead as their brethren.

6 Likes

If you take a break, that would be the week that they drop. :wink:

10 Likes

Okay I just ran it a second time. The shoulders didn’t drop, but it seemed less tedious than before.

Does the protodrake normally land after the first tower? I remember having to do both tower segments in the past.

This so much. It never fails if I am transmog farming the item I want/need never drops on the character that can actually equip it. Literally 2 days ago ran Tomb on my loc and the whole mythic warrior set dropped, but not a single piece of loc tier.

3 Likes

Do you try this across multiple characters on horde and alliance and different servers too?

I don’t know why but my horde toons on a separate server group from the alliance toons seems to complement the drops I’m after. They’re also slightly more lucky on mount drops. (Well, significantly actually)

1 Like

I feel like all characters are given a hidden luck value. I have some where I have farmed rare mounts easily and others where nothing ever drops it seems.

2 Likes

Got ‘em first run on my warrior. Literally race changed to orc right afterwards. Farmed korkron set for months before I got that on shammy so I had put in some work.

1 Like

Join the Forsaken,we have spare parts!

3 Likes

I dont have that kind of patience, personally.
I’ll drop whatever it is the second Im annoyed.

3 Likes

I ran for months to get a mount a long while back.
Then the wife and some others we used to play with ran the content with me.
The wife got the mount the very first time she ran it. lol.

3 Likes

What are you talking about?

4 Likes