Fan-made Nightborne Customization

It really is funny how LF Draenei became inferior once OG Draenei got additional customizations.

At this point I think they need to just mix the reskinned ally races customizations with their parent race because some of them now are so underwhelming when you compare them. Which just reminds me how we should have gotten Broken instead and LF customizations just features provided to OG Draenei.

I am leveling one on and off for that heritage set, I like it on cloth classes because you can look like a plate wearing holy space paladin :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s why I did it!

^-one of the many flavors of Sledge.

1 Like

Or withered Nightborne. :unamused:

I don’t know how to break this to you gently but a key component of plate is armor that covers literally any organs.

A bunch of dudes in loincloths and carrying sharp sticks have effectively conquered Azeroth at least four times.

WTB Felborne customisation options, gimme green eyes

1 Like

Yeah but they didn’t refer to their loincloths as plate. Linguistic precision is important!

1 Like

So a loincloth will protect you from cannons, magic and otherworldly disease…but not if it’s metal.

We’ve just blown this whole thing wide open.

Oh no, you misunderstand, the important thing is that they called them loincloths, and don’t call them plate armor, except for the Doomplate that actually was full coverage plate armor, also why does it look like you tripped and fell through vanilla badlands?

All I know is I want a loincloth mog

2 Likes

Plate loincloth is just a plate bikini.

And yet they got probably the best deal out of all the new customization options so I guess blizzard loves them the most.

Orc males account for 70% of unique customization combination options, female nelves have 19% and every other race and gender put together has 11% so come again?

The top races with the most customization combinations in the pre-patch:

Orc Male - 9,607,511,015,424
    Night Elf Female - 2,664,990,720,000
    Human Female - 606,285,388,800
    Tauren Male - 194,075,481,600
    Dwarf Male - 169,500,672,000

The races with the least customization combinations in the pre-patch:

Nightborne Male - 21,168
    Nightborne Female - 24,192
    Highmountain Male - 84,000
    Dark Iron Female - 110,880
    Highmountain Female - 134,400
1 Like

It’s always so puzzling to see comments that withered Nightborne should have been the race we got or that it should be a customization option…

If you followed the Suramar story, you’d know that makes no sense.

1 Like

Why not both? Some withered and some not withered and maybe a few inbetween?

1 Like

I dunno tbh. There’s some questions left from it.

The Arcan’dor is growing fruit that cures the Shal’dorei of their magic addiction. This is true. However it is a single tree, and not a large one at that. We know that the Nightwell is being allowed to fade, to die. This leaves questions:

How many nightborne are there in Suramar?

How many fruit does the Arcan’dor produce, and how quickly does it regrow?

How quickly is the fruit, which surely has SOME degree of limitation, being distributed throughout the populace? Who is being prioritised? In the storyline it was the Dusk Lily members of course, but now that normal society has been re-established… who gets priority? The nobles? The regular people of the Waning Crescent and other lower-class districts? Furthermore with the nightwell dying… is arcwine still being produced? Are there shortages? Are there still arcane famines big enough to cause a few impoverished withered here and there?

I don’t know. Until blizzard tells us I think there’s ways you could justify playing a withered and/or near withered Nightborne. To be honest with you, male Nightborne already look pretty withered LOL.

I’d lowkey like to see Wretched Blood Elves too.

The only thing you’ve really pointed out is how lacking all the other races are compared to some other ones not just orcs. Orcs just have way more combinations because they have more categories. The author also mentions he counts hunched vs unhunched which doubles what orcs have which is why they have such a staggering amount. Orc males really should only have half that amount because nobody really plays hunched orcs anymore.

The next patch they really need to focus on adding customization options for allied races. Which means adding every option a main race has to an allied race.

1 Like

Wretched and Broken have been one of my lowkey customization wishes for… A long time.

1 Like

My complaint is more that I immediately disliked the decision to completely change their aesthetic as part of the Suramar arc. Once it happened? Yeah, adding withered looks for them as an option would make no sense and the ship sailed.

But in hindsight, Thalyssra’s original appearance was so much more interesting than what she looks like now and I’d have loved to make a character like that.

:frowning:

But all my orcs are hunched!