Fan-made Nightborne Customization

I want this a lot

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320605/fan-demonstrates-nightborne-character-customization-possibilities

Face is still what it is but it is impressive how much modifying the 3D morph a bit improves him! I hope allied races eventually get this “backporting” sort of stuff where they gain their parent race’s customizations. Lightforged could use it too!

6 Likes

He literally transported over the Night Elf customizations.

Is it that easy? I’d be about it. That’s cool!

Can we get the actual nightborne model instead of a reskinned night elf instead please. Even if we had to choose from preset NPC appearances we’d still have more options than we do now lmao.

1 Like

Nightborne males are such a disappointment. I was very excited to unlock them and super unhappy with yhe results.

Probably because night elf males are disgusting.

2 Likes

Chooses face that isn’t stretched out or wrinkly

Oh no he’s hot

I’m leveling a LF Draenei right now and I’m like, plz I wish I had some of the hair styles or other customizations OG Draenei have.

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ishnu-alah Weary Traveler.

5 Likes

Give the Nightborne better faces. They have suffered long enough.

5 Likes

As I have dabbled with Blender and the WoW files with the wowexport and WoW model viewer: yes, it is that easy. The interactions between the weights of the hair and animations can take maybe a few weeks to fine tune. But things such as textures- as this game doesn’t run on a built-in customization engine like other games do, and relies solely on the good ol’ meshes and hand painted textures- are only complex in the sense of resizing and putting the options in an interface that won’t break. Majority of customization from a time perspective is all about making sure they fix all the bugs. Otherwise they don’t need to make new meshes. Maybe updating the textures would be nice, but they can use the same textures. Just color some things differently to fit race aesthetic.

3 Likes

One of the male Draenei hair styles is missing a texture so when you cycle threw the idle animation or emote or sit in a chair there’s a hole in your forehead lmao

Also one of the monk animations is bugged

So my faith in their bug testing is low lol

The crazy thing about that one (the “fan” hairstyle) is that the bugged out head crest is recycled from a different, non-bugged style (the one with the bald topknot iirc). So they reused an asset but broke it somehow

2 Likes

It’s pretty funny they still managed to mess it up even thow it’s just a copy and paste but also sucks cuz it’s one the one I was looking forward the most too when the new customizations came out :frowning:

this company isnt good at fixing anything

community, narrative, balance, and bugs.

sadge

Juspions was so disappointed after getting a bad haircut that he turned into a girl :pensive:

1 Like

It really is the most Blizzard thing possible that Lightforged Draenei went from “ooh, new cool shiny Draenei!” to being straight-up inferior with the customization updates unless you are reallly into their tattoos. They were already desperately hurting for hairstyles that don’t look like plastic LEGO wigs, and even their long, elaborate horns don’t really feel like unique anymore.

also maybe it’s just me, but I feel like Lightforged eyes really need an update for their glow like they did to Blood & Night Elves back in 8.3

4 Likes

Lmao sounds to me like your jealous of my plus 10 blacksmith skill WITH summonable anvil… don’t take it so personal kid :sunglasses:

5 Likes

To be fair… at least Lightforged have a totally bangin’ set of heritage armor.

1 Like

Hey Draenei have some pretty sweet heritage armor too oh wai–

3 Likes

I think they know issues exist, but just don’t solve them unless it becomes widely noticed.

For example, updated goblins couldn’t take selfies without the camera hovering three feet over their head. 100% a frequently reported issue in beta.
Not actually fixed until after they went live and a bunch of people posted “lol the selfies are broken” on Twitter.

Male Draenei monk animations are bugged and it bothers me a lot when I quest :frowning:

But I do like the bun hair style :smiley: