Falsely reporting new patch

Will the new improvements penalize others that falsely report or abuse the system?

15 Likes

Of course they’ll be punished!

Orders another IV drip of Hopium

7 Likes

No, I’ve no faith in this not being abused without consequence.

14 Likes

You know my answer. Hire GMS or some other kind of monitor for the game. I don’t care if we have to hire 40,000 of them.

Pay them really well, treat them really well, and have them deal with these situations rather than a robot.

But I live in a fantasy world where I’m a skinny undead elf…

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

5 Likes

No business is ever going to do that. They will not take a profit cut Without making it up.

It’s really stupid that you can make multi millions of dollars but still consider that a loss

But businesses do

5 Likes

This being the real answer.
No AI can beat human response for this stuff.
We had a reporting system once where you could write a brief note on what you were reporting. It did nothing. Of course, Blizz can’t say what they do to various people, but you’d see them doing the same things every day, 0 consequences.
Funny thing was, when bad actors decided to report some innocent person, THAT person would get a ban. Saw it happen many times.
AI can be manipulated. This is performative.

11 Likes

Hopefully the false reporters will get warnings as well for repeated infractions. We don’t need some sensitive player crying to big brother Blizzard every time a legitimate boosting advertisement is posted.

2 Likes

Why would it? It’s the exact same rules we’ve had with the same style of reporting. Nothing is going to change for the better or for the worse. Why are you people thinking this?

1 Like

i’m sure it’ll be like in real life situations of one person falsely accusing another person.

In other words, no.

2 Likes

Its whatever the rule/followthrough is now

There are no legitimate boosting ads on my server. It’s always a lvl 1 advertising for an off-server guild.

1 Like

Why aren’t you asking that question in the thread Blizzard specifically put up about the topic?

2 Likes

Bots will be able to auto ban players!

The ones filing the false reports being punished for their abuse of the reporting system (…usually premades or a group of guildies)? Unlikely.

The manpower simply doesn’t exist to comb thru so many false reports (as in, a human being actually looking at it), so nothing will happen to the players filling out the false reports

1 Like

They need to.

The toxic people who constantly report anybody who disagrees with them even when no rules are being broken are toxic to the community and toxic to the company reps trying to do their job, they need to be sent on vacations till they adjust their attitudes, or leave.

1 Like

This sounds like the forums.

2 Likes

To be fair, getting hit by “this post has been flagged by the community” false reports on the forums isn’t nearly as bad as getting hit by an automated ban or automated silence inside the game. Total apples to oranges comparison to be honest.

If you catch a false ban on the forums, it’s not a big deal really - usually just means you get a timeout ranging from 24 hours (most common) to a week.

If you catch an automated ban or automated silence inside the game that’s a much more serious matter since it affects your gameplay experience in a negative way. And if it’s an automated ban from mass-false reports, you won’t be able to play the game at all

Idk, FF14 has in game GMs in their MMO’s and have had them since FF11 back in 2002.

1 Like

All i know is this wont end well. At this point id recommend disabling all chat channels and sticking to discord or something non blizz affiliated.

Up to you all what you do but thats my recommendation.

1 Like

All they care about is quarterly reports and ofc it is their JOB to pay shareholders at the top level and they can be sued if they don’t do as well as predicted.

BUT that really doesnt mean they cant fix the actual issues at hand with the game with the force they have. As for the growth of the game, they need to word it as an investment and try and get a 100% budget increase for the game.

Hopefully Microsoft can help