Falsely flagged topics and they were deleted for no reason, no consequences for me

according to OP they were ‘silenced’ too

Well as someone who’s been playing since vanilla…

OP has no way of knowing that though. They just assumed.

Unless they mass flagged their own posts, which would lead us down a merry rabbit hole of “did the mods just vacation them for being obnoxious with the notification system?”

4 Likes

yes, well that assumption makes me think OP is trolling not providing facts. I know for a fact you can be given a forum vacation for doing what they describe and for a lot less.

1 Like

I get ; you have to wait 23 hours to do that.
I get all flagged out…
Sad face…
World of Warcraft Rocks.

Ah … yes. So, investing some time to investigate a problem with the community platform that may affect the majority of people, including the OP, is a waste of time? That is the outlook of someone who has no interest in community. Which allows the community to safely ignore the loner attempting to downplay the importance of standing up for the others you associate with.

1 Like

Same here.

I’m even wearing the tabard so it’s irrefutable lol

I don’t feel the need to prove anything to anyone at anytime, but grats on your tabard.

Edit: Here is mine for you: https://i.ibb.co/KN4bSdN/2021-04-06-12-28-02-Tabard-of-the-Protector.png

If the community deems something unacceptable then Blizz sides with the community. If I post a picture of Thrall and say Thrall is great and everyone flags it then it’s getting taken down :man_shrugging:

who cares?

1 Like

Red herring?

Yeah good thing they took the time to investigate what has been know for months… a few years now.

I can’t even imagine being such a low effort loser as to sit here switching to alts to flag something.

Some people need more to do with their time.

So you are the reason that all my threads about Sylvanas get buried etc?

Oh well most of them get restored

The moderators err on the side of deletion/suspension. When Classic was announced I made a post in one of the threads about it: “haha…where is your Wall of No now?” it was flagged, deleted, and I got a 3-day suspension to boot. Supposedly a moderator was involved. I was allowed to appeal…removal and suspension upheld.

If a person believes they are being punished for by false flagging they can dispute the action. In the 5 times I have been silenced in the last 16 or so months I have managed to get 3 over turned after following the steps included to dispute the action. There are also times that a post can be deleted or edited by a moderator and not direct action is taken against the flagged player (that happened to me before) other than a notification of the edit/delete being sent to you.

Honestly I think the moderators and trying their best but just get over whelmed with the amount of reports they get. Which leads them to sometimes just make a bad call, which is why you can dispute it and a GM is brought in to review it.

Edit - and the two times I was silenced, I honestly deserved it. I knew when I made those posts I was probably crossing the line and I wasn’t surprised by the action taken. I didn’t even try to dispute them, I just accepted my punishment.

1 Like

4 Likes

Let’s be real, these forums are basically carebear land.

1 Like

Actually it was happening in threads started by a certain Void Elf with a name that starts wit ha T and ones started by a certain Orc hunter who’s name also starts with a T and are all threads about a certain group and a lot of the false flags were accusing people of making actual threats that were determined not to be in most cases.

Maybe the OP flagged her thread about flagging threads.

Flagception.

2 Likes

Man. You’re the type to mug somebody and take a personal check.

1 Like