False reporting and automated ban

What does that have to do with right click reporting.

No. I AM asking yo to do a forum search for posts by Ythisens and tell me what results are returned, though.

I tried to search for posts by Ythisens using keywords and no posts by Ythisens were returned.

I then tried to do a search for any posts by Ythisens and not one post by Ythisens was returned. Posts by Ythisens DO exist, though. This is obvious because I just quoted one. I can also scroll manually through all the threads and see posts by Ythisens in some threads.

I asked you to do that search and let us know what results were returned because I wanted to see if the search tool was not acting properly. That is the only reason.

The fact that they are, according to Blizzard, “two separate games entirely” means that a system that is used in retail will not necessarily be implemented in Classic in the same manner it functions in retail, though.

Blizzard could implement the right click report in Classic without tying it to a player imposed punishment system, they could retain the player imposed punishment but require more reports to be received before that player imposed punishment is triggered or they could implement the right click report exactly as it is in BFA.

Fair enough. Though I do wonder what it is they plan to do with it.

Because you didn’t want to spend 30 seconds looking through the Blizz Tracker at the top of the forum, you decided you would just make something up instead:

Make up something?

I see you are still trying desperately to redeem yourself in your own eyes by attacking me.

Why don’t YOU try the forum search I described and tell us all what results YOUR search returns and provide a screenshot of those returns, as well?

Wow… this is getting really sad.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/groups/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts?category_id=172

No blue ever posted anything before Oct. 23, 2018, right?

Did you ever think that maybe I DID check that thread?

BTW, did you try that forum searched I asked you to try? If you did, were your results any different than the results I got? If you claim your results were different, I’m sure you can post a screenshot to back up that claim.

1 Like

Ideal in a perfect world, but the system is flawed by design. The mechanisms in place that force a disconnect are purely toxic; and it’s not something I think the developers can simply fix with changing code, but is an unfortunate function of how “rights” are established with their server OS… This is something I am actually familiar with, not specifically their system but if it works how I think that it does, then the disconnect associated with a squelch is just the unfortunate side effect of the system at play.

That disconnect is purely toxic in Classic WoW, and in RBG for modern WoW. It works more effectively than a DDOS because you cant be arrested for it simply because its not a “legal crime”, instead you’re abusing a broken system design; and I am not talking about the server OS, but about the design of the tool they have built on the World of Warcraft end of things.

Eliminating the DC is key to a good quality game and so long as that disconnect is a component in the “system” the Squelch component is game breaking.

Worse, it’s not just about mouthing off in chat; Blizzard has for a VERY long time been lenient on players who do bad things regardless of how decent people like you and I feel about it… This is because they don’t like to deprive their customer base of being able to play the game.

Modern World of WarCraft is a single player game with multi player functionality included. Overall Modern WoW is a single player game, and there really is not much of the content that you need to pre-form a group for. Rated BG, Arena and REAL raiding like Mythic are the only things that require an actual pre-formed group. The fact that LFR / LFD and Solo Q BG’s / Arena skirmishes exist in addition to world NPC’s that can be killed by a level 1 rabbit means that it’s indeed a solo player’s game… This means that “SQUELCH” while annoying to the player who get’s Squelched; it’s not game breaking because the game is essentially a solo players game.

Now contrast that to Classic WoW.

Classic WoW is a very different animal, you NEED a group to play Classic WoW, and the only way you can get that group is though chat. Getting Squelched may as well just DC you and not let you log back on because that’s roughly where you are after that takes place… Totally up the creek; this is something I very much doubt that Blizzard will be in favor of given their lenient nature and the design implementation of Squelch in the modern game being only a very minor slap on the wrist regarding the game play and interaction.

Now when you look at what Squelch does in Classic; that’s an entirely different kind of punishment because it’s no longer just a slap on the wrist but in fact GAME OVER for that player.

At the end of the day SQUELCH does not work in Classic at all what so ever because the way the game is played is entirely different.

It’s also game breaking because it can be abused in a much more toxic way overall due to the nature of Classic WoW.

These are only 2 reasons why Squelch is bad and should not be included.

5 Likes

Sorry bud, but after taking time out of my day earlier to defend my reputation after being called a liar by an unhinged cheerleader of yours, I am not obliged to do your research for you.

The blue tracker I linked shows Y’s posts all the way up to the 11th of this month.

1 Like

But, nothing prior to Oct. 23, 2018, unless that thread is for some reason not showing properly for me.

As I said, I was not asking you to do my research for me. I explained my reasoning in an earlier post. Obviously you read that post, because you thought you could make me look like a fool by linking the Blizz tracker thread that contains no posts prior to Oct. 23, 2018, unless for some reason even that thread is not working properly for me. Maybe you did not realize that thread only went back a limited time.

1 Like

That’s a gross over exaggeration all the squelch does it prevent you from talking public channels and messaging random people. You can still talk with and group with friends and guildies, you can still do everything in the open world including leveling and farming.

No you don’t, you can do quite a lot in vanilla without grouping. And the squelch doesn’t even keep you from grouping.

1 Like

The tracker I linked literally shows ythin posts up to the 11th as well as all bornakks stuff since he swooped in up till 2 days ago. So yes, it is an issue with your browser. I am on an ipad so posting and linking a screenshot is not currently an option.

edit, nevermind I read your post wrong, I thought you were saying AFTER 2008. If it doesnt show up in the tracker yu can probably chalk itup to this pitiful laughtastic horribad forum software.

It’s interesting I agree, but what’s also changed is how the game is played. That’s a very big component of how these systems interact with the game.

The problem with the modern Squelch system is that it’s intended to be more of a slap on the wrist than a game breaking feature that makes participating in game impossible.

If Blizzard had indeed wanted the squelch system to make game play impossible they would have simply caused it to log you out and prevent you from getting back on until the squelch lifted.

That’s effectively how things will be for many players who do not play hunters / warlocks or hybrids in Classic WoW if they’re squelched in game.

Essentially if you’re playing the wrong class and you get squelched in Classic WoW you may as well not log back in after the game gives you the booter to change your rights structure because not only are you totally hosed regarding getting into a group meaning that you are effectively eliminated from the game, but you very well may have been already in combat with an NPC or an enemy team and got DC’d at the worst possible time causing your group, raid or pre-made to wipe due to that DC.

There has got to be a better way to handle Trolls, and that’s what this system is about… Dealing with Trolls, and super toxic behavior in chat, but this system as I told Ziryus is designed for the modern game where the majority of it can be indeed played solo by any one.

That is just not true in a universal way for Classic WoW, there are some builds that simply cannot be played effectively solo, and worse there is no LFG type mechanism there to get the Squelched player into a group to play with in an automated way.

Because there will be no LFG / LFR or any other automated match making system, Squelch cannot work as intended and should not be included at all just on the basis that it does disqualify certain players from actually participating in the game in a core way.

I agree with you and Ziryus that Trolls and Toxic nonsense should not be in chat, but there has got to be a much better way to handle that than a system that would be 100% game breaking in Classic WoW.

1 Like

Every class is capable of leveling and farming solo.

And of course the squelch does not prevent you from grouping with friends and guildies.

1 Like

Tell that to a holy priest, disc priest or a protection warrior Ziryus, they’re 100% designed to play with groups, not solo. You’re thinking of things from your perspective as a druid, and that is a very different way of playing the game.

A) it is not remotely “gamebreaking”, and the word toxic has ceased to mean anything
B) I cannot help but notice you chose to ignore my earlier proposal, posted a number of times.

I’m defending my reputation, as well. Telling somebody that “they’re lying” doesn’t mean that I’m calling them “a liar”. I just wanted to clarify that. However, I do not want a rehash, of yesterday.

And telling someone that I admire their Stamina, doesn’t mean that I’m their biggest fan, in what they’re saying. I do disagree with Fesz, sometimes.

That being said, please leave me out of your conversations, that don’t involve me, thank you.

If you’re trying to PuG, makes things difficult.

Doesn’t keep you from Grouping, but it does make it difficult to PuG.

When there are no friends nor Guildies to help you out, you gotta PuG. Again, there are restrictions into doing that.

“Gamebreaking”, no. Your proposal is still “Player Enforced”. No, thank you.

2 Likes

Imgur