False blocking

Just why should my account be blocked if someone, for some reason I do not understand, threw reports and GM, apparently not understanding how this happens, just threw me a ban for half a year

Nobody here can really answer that. Mistakes and false positives can happen. GM’s are human too. This is why there is an appeals process. Each appeal is a fresh set of eyes looking over the evidence. That evidence is Blizzard logs - that show an incredible amount of detail. You can appeal until Blizzard says no more.

8 Likes

I understand this, they have not answered me for a day and I just want to give this little publicity so that it will be noticed as soon as possible

Posting here will not hurry your ticket.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, posting here won’t actually expedite anything. Your ticket is in queue and once it hits the front of the queue it will be reviewed by a different GM. They’ll either uphold it or remove the suspension.

Last I heard tickets were closer to 48 hours or so.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks you a lot!

2 Likes

Good luck.

4 Likes

Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Nobody “throws a report” causing a suspension because a GM didn’t understand. GMs review logs and data before applying any penalty, and if it was for automation that is generally done by a separate group without any reports needed as they monitor for automation. As for the time duration, that’s based on actions on your account in the past more than anything so really it indicates you have a history of some issues following policy

2 Likes

You should be fine. See a lot of post here from multiboxers where one acct gets banned. Usually it get’s fixed. Sucks that it happens in the first place, but multiboxing is unsupported. Good luck

1 Like

My lock was not removed, I do not understand how gm can make a verdict on automating processes and bots, if I do everything my own, I just broadcast to all windows

I can’t comment on the specifics on what constitutes “prohibited” multi-boxing as I am not well-versed in the technicalities. Now, my instincts tell me that there is more to the story because I highly doubt the location of a bull statue prompted a GM to give you a six-month penalty, or even get you reported in the first place. I am not saying a GM can’t be wrong, but if you got six months and still haven’t heard back after a week and a half, then they may have actually found something that was prohibited, even if you didn’t know it was prohibited, or there at all.

This is purely speculation of course. But considering that in my personal experience, I had my previous name openly insulted, questioned even in the forums, and resulted in constant harassment and threats of reporting, though I was never once penalized for it. A GM even told me it wasn’t against the policy. This is why I am assuming they found something and did not just arbitrarily decide to give you life in the penitentiary.

Did you try to appeal this?

1 Like

i tried to appeal and got this:
Your World of Warcraft account is currently under a temporary suspension due to a breach of our policies. We have already sent an email with more details but can inform you that the suspension will last for 6 months. You will be able to play again after this time.

Please note that no further action will be taken if there are no more breaches of the Terms of Use or policies. Check below for more information.

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies (https://blizzard.com/support/article/42673), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing World of Warcraft. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

We can assume that they did not answer me and closed the topic

1 Like

Discussing Account Actions is not allowed on these forums. If Blizzard has said that they will not look into the matter any further, then that is the verdict on the matter.

4 Likes

They are not going to give you specifics on what they caught you doing or how they caught it. Unfortunately, you’ve reached the stage of appeals where they will no longer reply to your questions about it etc.

At least it’s only a suspension and you’ll be able to play again on that account once the suspension is over.

5 Likes

If they responded to the appeal with that level of finality and upheld the conviction, they definitely didn’t like something you were doing. If you multi-box, the onus is entirely on you to make sure you’re doing it legally. If you end up breaking rules but don’t know you broke them, then that’s the risk you take with unsupported gameplay like multi-boxing. I know six months is daunting, and I really doubt you were acting maliciously, but whatever specifically got you suspended was ultimately the result of your actions.

EDIT: I just saw your other thread regarding a 3rd party program that grants remote-access to computers. That is a massive no-no and would explain your penalty.

9 Likes

I started using teamviewer 2-3 days ago, and these blockages occurred 2 weeks ago

As I do not have the full story or any details at all really, I cannot make an accurate assessment of the what/when/why/how, nor is it any of my business because that is between you and big Blizzard. However, as I said before, if they threw the book at you and shot your appeal down without hesitation, I am almost absolutely certain that something was detected on your account or system that the staff did not appreciate finding.

Again, six months sucks, and I really feel bad for you, but if you decided to dabble in multi-boxing and it did it in a way that Blizzard did not approve of, then you brought it on yourself by taking that risk. I’m really sorry.

no, multiboxing isnt risky at all. I and many others have been doing it since vanilla. Sadly dishonesty is commonplace among cheaters. I report every single botter is see, and one common theme is multiboxers that also bot or automate keystrokes while using the monk statue because it makes it easier to automate farming. Setting a keystroke to repeat is a violation of the ToS, multiboxing or not.

Again sadly, i’ve reported a large number of multiboxer doing this type of farming recently. A lot. And i thoroughly investigate them before reporting them as i’m sure the GMs do as well. Good riddance to cheaters imo. I’ve seen people appeal bans and i’ve seen people reinstated after the appeal, so i try not to make judgement before an appeal has been decided. I never trust people who lose an appeal.

Once again though, multiboxing is not risky. I’m sure i’ve been reported over a hundred times by uninformed players, but i dont cheat so i’ve never even been suspended. About 12 years and not once.

2 Likes

I read in your other post that you use HotKeyNet. I’ve seen a ton of threads over the years from people claiming they were banned for using it. It’s safer to just spend the money and use ISBoxer. Never heard of anyone getting banned for that.

1 Like