*Fairbanks* Eve coalition? Addons breaking tos?

Don’t really see a TOS violation.

But yeah Eve is rough.

And wow hasn’t really seen the efficient industrialized mind numbing monotonous domination of an Eve Coalition except on pservers.

I’m interested how the players and devs will respond. I would have no problems if the devs pushed a bit back on this. But I’m not worried about it either.

Nice spin doctoring and playing the “victim” precious. Well done. Does that tactic even with on 2019? If you don’t work for the MSM look into it “consular”. :v:

3 Likes

Welcome to America… i mean a US server?

Jesus that’s so insidious.

1 Like

It’s classic. The devs would be nuts if they interfered. They need all the help they can get to stem the die-off rate.

It would be hard to do a server takeover of the economy anyway on a large realm like Herod is looking like it’s going to be, even with current tech.

Playing the victim? What the hell are you talking about? I’m asking you a question. I don’t give a crap about being the victim or any of that nonsense.

Answer the question.

Your complaint seems to be that coalitions will use this add-on (is it just one add-on?) to make it “impossible” to ever farm Devilsaurs, Black Lotus, and other rare materials.
My response is that it can be done without an add-on.
What is the solution if banning the add-on will not prevent this from happening?

If banning the add-on was not the intent, or does not produce the intended effect, why bring up the add-on?

Perhaps… But these things have been practiced on pserver. With mega servers.

Cartels are pretty hard to beat in wow. Just a little organization of many players and a ruthless attitude will shut down alot of people’s fun. There isn’t enough mechanics in the game to prevent it really other than just being a better organized bigger cartel.

Like I said. Don’t really think it is that big of a deal. But don’t be surprised if you one day in game you realize that you are getting it up the rear and there isn’t anything you can do about it.

They used to ban people in this game for that type of thing - no reason they wouldn’t start again now.

4 Likes

Cross faction collusion is against TOS I thought. That addon needs to be deep-sixed by blizz for sure, but otherwise as long as the mafias are loyal to their faction only it should be allowed imo.

1 Like

Yeah, this seems to be the only genuine issue with it. If it’s actually against the TOS to collude the opposing faction in this regard, then by all means, shut anyone down if you can prove they’re doing that.

However, some people on the same faction as you constantly killing Devilsaurs to get leather, resulting in the fact you can’t get any leather isn’t against the ToS, at all, nor are add-ons that contribute to that.

This mafia will literally do nothing until phase 2 thanks to layering (no way to control the node spawns) and without that, it doesnt matter how they price what they farm. Flasks wont be needed (key word, needed) until AQ so they wont find any buyers for their overpriced consumables anyway.
This addon is dead on arrival. They cant hope to control the resources until phase 2 and what they are selling wont be required until phase 5. Completely ignoring the fact that spiking the prices of the consumables before raids wont work because they can just stock up in the days leading up to the raid when the prices are down. Logging the names of the AH sellers doesnt matter because you just make an alt to handle all that, leaving your gatherer to farm anonymously.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that on Eve Online, Europeans dominate. Remember, Europeans invented trade guilds and government sanctioned monopolies.

1 Like

Fairbanks is a mafia server?

Glad I rolled there.

2 Likes

I’ll answer as someone outside the debate you were having here. I’m simply looking at the title of the thread, and then looking back at your argument.

Cross-faction collusion is certainly against TOS, and tracking the movements of individual players to gain an advantage is arguably so (although that’s a gray area). The fact that this would-be “cartel” (for lack of a better term) is hoping to achieve this via an in-game add-on is brazen and probably actionable.

Your argument boils down to, “So? They’ll do it anyway on Discord!” which, to my mind, only serves to demonstrate a few things.
1/ it’s still against TOS, even if it can be clumsily circumvented outside the game
2/ how foolish this crowd of people are (if this is really true, anyway).
3/ if it’s so easy to coordinate all this via Discord, then they should have stuck to Discord.

3 Likes

This is not good at all. It sounds like they will be targeting many players and making it difficult for them to gather resources. What about the gates of AQ? This will have a huge negative impact on that, which makes me wonder if that’s one of the end games here. Blizz needs to stop this.

1 Like

Well just don’t buy their items, create a group and attack them every day that’s one way to fight back. They will burn out fast farming all day.

People just need to accept the reality that no changes was always foolishness and they were never going to relive the Vanilla experience. Embrace Classic for what it is and have fun with it.

This shouldn’t be ignored. This is a big deal and I really hope Blizz can control it. I’m trying to convince my guild to roll on another realm now.

1 Like

Blizz, please add cross faction collusion back as a bannable offense in the TOS for Classic. It’s essential.

2 Likes

Needs to be back in TOS and ban them. You’re right, they don’t need an Addon to do it. But any GM can easily see what is going on. If Horde and Alliance are peacefully farming devilsaur leather and then only engage in PvP when certain other people try to come in and farm, it’s obvious what’s going on. It’s not a court and you don’t need explicit evidence. It’s obvious. Ban them. I wouldn’t even be upset with permabans.

To reiterate: It’s very easy to see if this kind of cartel like collusion is taking place. Ban them on the spot.

3 Likes