Failed Commuication by blizzard - Why?

I am reaching out to express some concerns about Warsong Gulch (WSG) marks and the issue of waylaid supplies. While I appreciate Blizzard’s efforts to engage with the community and address game mechanics and exploitation, I believe there are areas where communication and policy enforcement failed and we aren’t even in phase 2 yet.

Firstly, I appreciate the transparency and actions taken to prevent the exploitation of WSG marks. It’s clear that significant thought has been put into ensuring a fair and enjoyable gaming experience for all. However, there seems to be a discrepancy in how similar issues, such as waylaid supplies, are being handled. The communication regarding waylaid supplies has been somewhat vague, leading to confusion and frustration among players who have invested time and resources into the game while adhering to its rules.

Many in the player base have dedicated countless hours, days, and significant in-game resources based on the understanding and expectations set by earlier communications from Blizzard. The announcement of these rule changes, coming so close to the launch of Phase 2, has left many wondering about the rationale behind the timing. It raises questions about why the community was not informed earlier, in a manner similar to the communication regarding Warsong Gulch (WSG) marks.

The concern is not just about the changes themselves but also about the respect for the time and effort invested by players under the guidelines previously communicated. The late announcement of these changes has led to significant disappointment within the community.

Moreover, the primary mode of communication about these issues appears to be through Twitter. While social media is a valuable tool for quick updates, I believe that formal announcements on the official website, forums, or through phase 2 updates would greatly benefit the community. These platforms offer a more official and comprehensive medium for conveying important information and ensure that all players, regardless of their social media usage, are equally informed.

No mechanics/exploits were conducted by players, and still being punished by Blizzard

3 Likes

Never spend dozens of hours prepping to get a 10% edge on people, and youll never be disappointed

6 Likes

Yup, this 100%. If something seems like it will be exploited for leveling (outside of a full quest log) simply don’t prep to do it because it will probably be nerfed/changed.

1 Like

Everything is fine.

Just don’t trust the devs anymore

1 Like

Hobbes this isn’t about complaining but more why after so many interviews saying they listening to the community but somehow still failing to provide any information.

If you restrict game content. That’s fine but at least inform your player base just like WSG marks and make official posts or updates.

Just putting it out to the community maybe somehow this could be another lesson for phase 3.

3 Likes

What has been done? I haven’t seen a blue post about this.

Please read through the information.

No exploit has been made in what the player base did.

We know about the WSG marks from a blue post a couple of weeks back.

We also knew from a blue post (no specific details) that waylaid supplies were being changed a bit and would also give increased exp.

EDIT: The Waylaid supplies notice was in this News article:

" It is Not too Late to Join in Season of Discovery

For players looking to catch up with their friends above level 25, we will be implementing a 50% experience buff for players between level 1 and 25. Players will also see an increase in experience gained within the Blackfathom Deeps raid dungeon when it is cleared. The raid dungeon will still continue to run with the current lockout timer, and players will no longer gain the world buff beyond level 39, however.

Waylaid Supplies will also see an adjustment, we will share more later, but there will be a significant increase in experience gained from them on turn-in."

Literally 2 weeks ago: jan 23

I figured it was something new. The 20 marks I have in my inventory will surely give xp, right?

The post said use them before Feb 6.

Sorry you had to find out like this…

I honestly hope you not trolling.

Information given by the Devs for WSG was specific and detailed.

Vague statements as you have quoted, put no restrictions within the gameplay limits or exploits being conducted by what the player base did.

I’m sure people would have loved to save themselves 100’s gold and time instead of conducting.

Also, why would it be communicated correctly just like the WSG marks?

No it says

I’m not trolling, and just added the waylaid supplies article info and quote in my post, I do also recall a blue post and looking around for it.

Sometimes the information isn’t in Blue Posts but articles in the news feed on the website.

Yeah where is the blue post that says marks in your inventory won’t give xp?

So that’s not true. Do you know of a post where they said inventory won’t count, or were you mistaken?

Understand the WSG marks due to exploitation and have gone through all the articles.

This information was just released by a tweet, not even formally putting any information out.

It says “retrieve them and use them before the end of Phase 1, or they will be lost.”

Retrieve and use.

Have you been getting gold for turning them in lieu of xp? What was making you think they would give xp?