Faerlina Full at 2:30 PM, Sigh

The two go hand in hand. Blizz is sticking to how it was in Vanilla. They will not have higher realm capacity per layer than what was in Vanilla.

The two are the same because Blizz isn’t deviating from the Vanilla realm cap per layer. They’ve said this

Guess we’ll see what happens…

I’ll let you read Ragefist’s reply so I’m not saying the same thing twice.

Dude you’re doing it again.

Realm capacity is not tied to layers. Realm capacity = server capacity. Layers operate within the bounds of total server capacity.

These are two completely separate metrics.

1 Like

Ion has already confirmed layers will be dissolved within the first few weeks of classic’s launch, and gone by phase two.

Starting at 11:00 a.m. PDT (2:00 p.m. EDT) on Wednesday, Sept. 11, we will open the following free character moves to offer you a way to move your characters from the most high-population realms that have extended queues:

FROM Faerlina TO Heartseeker

Blame asmondumpster and the crappy streamers

You mean the post that basically said the exact same thing I said? If you want to get super technical about it then sure, but as of right now the REASON we have less ques time is because we have increased server capacity, but the REASON we have increased server capacity is because of more layers.

So once again, it’s all connected, and unless you’re just trying to be an edge lord and be super technical with it while audibly saying “WELL ACKSHULLY” then you’re incorrect in saying that layering doesn’t effect que times.

1 Like

Maybe you missed the… IDK… thousand other posts about how Faerlina is a streamer server so it’s gonna be full on a daily basis. You’ve made your bed now enjoy that queue. /sipsbourbonandslaysingame

Yeah. It’s obvious that the player cap is affected by the number of layers. Blizzard can adjust the number of players allowed on each layer and the total number of layers (multiply the two values to determine the player cap). Feels like some people are trying to be super technical or argumentative to “prove” that the player cap has zero relationship with layers.

The wait time was 20 mins for me at the time of day when there should be zero wait time. Lets also not forget we still have 2-4 hour Ques latter in the day. I am adjusting and I do things while waiting. Just curious about the end solutions. What will these servers be like in another 3 weeks? Will they be completely playable?

They will absolutely be playable the 3,000 or so people who are on at a given time.

The other tens of thousands who refused to transfer a lower pop realm? You’ll be waiting to get in.

I understand the two are separate. But they’re intertwined here.

Can you explain why layering was implemented?

Hint: it has nothing to do with starter zones, questing, or QoL

Transfer is the end solution.

That’s not what layers do.

Layers help with spreading out the existing population by dividing them into separate phases of ~3000 or so. They do not add to the total population cap.

Say the cap is 30k for a server, that would be insane if there were that many people in one place, so Blizzard spreads them across 10 different versions of Azeroth so you can actually quest without 15000 other people trying to kill the same bears.

The server population cap remains the same.

1 Like

Must be a rough queue life being a braindead streamer fanboy.

2 Likes

Agreed

What?

The person that I was replying to said layers add to the population cap, so i was explaining that is not how layers work.

Just because this game is from 2004, doesn’t mean we’re still in 2004 technology wise. Who the hell still uses physical servers anymore? Everything is based on cloud computing these days.

Anyone who works in the IT industry could tell you this.

1 Like

They go hand in hand btw. Increase in population cap = increase in layers.