Faction restriction on OCE realms

Ah so that would be your reasoning for denying Pve players a server. No, sorry, still tops the Silly Idea list.

True but without a second PVP realm we are locked into one faction

I fail to see the problem.

1 Like

Its not surprising a small Indie company has made this complete oversight. Itā€™s basically a giant dump on the oce region.

The problem is you canā€™t make a character on the opposite faction because you only have 1 realm.

Most people will say ā€œWell you can always start up a toon on a US-based serverā€. Without actually thinking out of the consequences of that such as:

• Not being able to play with people you live near and/or play with in retail WoW.
  • Having to put up with higher ms (as much as 250 or more) in a PvP environment.

The reason behind having an Oceanic server is to play in reasonable gaming conditions, after all.

1 Like

To be fair I can see why we would only get two realms.

Our population is tiny and if we had 3 realms weā€™d probably be spread thin by phase 2.

At least this guarantees that our server will be PACKED.

But yeah rolling on a US realm for alts with 200ms will be a bit of hassle.

Blizzard could solve this by allowing 2 factions per realm on OCE but this is technically against nochanges

If you like Normal / PvE realms, it isnā€™t really a problem. If you donā€™t enjoy Normal realms and wish to stick to PvP, you will be limited to the one faction.

This problem didnā€™t exist in Vanilla with the faction restriction because we had multiple PvP realms to choose from. This is an entirely new problem they have created while trying to adhere to the vanilla style, i.e. the faction restriction.

1 Like

This problem didnā€™t exist in Vanilla with the faction restriction because we had multiple PvP realms to choose from.

You forgot to add the ā€œmultiple US PvP realms to choose fromā€ in vanilla, which you still have now. The single Oceanic is a luxury and being one server only is a huge blessing for both the faction restriction (which is a good thing, not a problem) as well as forcing every OCE on to one server.

1 Like

I didnā€™t forget to add that actually. In Vanilla the ā€œOCEā€ servers (once they were given their own tab in the realm lists) were US, we did not have the server located in Sydney at the time, so to point out a distinction in the realms being US is entirely irrelevant. Rolling on 250ms instead of 50ms is not a solution.

Go ahead and explain your position. Iā€™ll wait.

I reckon 1 PvP and 1 PVE is a good thing for OCE. Not that Iā€™m against more, but our player population might not hold up by the time the later phases come around.

At least with 1pvp and 1pve it pretty much guarantees a good faction split and a solid population throughout the entire classic lifespan which is very healthy.

Itā€™ll be just like a private server lmao.

Sucks for those who dual faction but not the end of the world since we have 180MS NA servers to pick from. Not that 180ms is good or anything but itā€™s something.

Iā€™d love to be proven wrong and for OCE to explode in popularity long term, but Iā€™d rather a few large servers than more dead servers.

1 Like

Go ahead and explain your position. Iā€™ll wait.

Thereā€™s nothing that really needs explaining. Iā€™d prefer you be forced to choose a side, stick with it and let the rivalries grow exactly like they did in vanilla.

3 Likes

Lol. If you want to make a statement from a counter position, explain your reasoning or be quiet.

ā€œVanilla rivalriesā€ you seem to be forgetting that everyone was able to roll Alliance and Horde in vanilla, because we had servers to choose from.

Iā€™m not advocating for additional servers due to reasonable population concerns, but the restriction has no place when we have a single PvP realm.

Just did. My reasoning was personal preference, of which I have many. Just like everyone else. If you want any more generic responses that add to my preference: harder to /who other faction, harder to xfer, harder to xfer gold/resources between buddy guilds (assuming neutral AH wasnā€™t derped by 1.12) forced side-picking, less buddying up between guilds, greater chance of rivalries because there will be a stronger us vs them mentality.

Iā€™m over the moon youā€™re forced on to one PvP server and one faction only if you want to play low-ping OCE. I think the restriction is great and even more so because we only have a single PvP realm. The fact youā€™re not is down to your own personal preferences also, which are fine too.

Or you can just pay an extra $15 a month, no biggie either.

3 Likes

I saw that and lolā€™d before you withdrew it. Good times.

1 Like

Hehehehe :kissing_heart:

Why do you care about /who the other faction?
If people want to xfer gold or buddy up guilds they will have someone with another account.

???

You do understand that regardless of which side of the faction war youā€™re on at the time youā€™re logged in, you have rivalries and us vs them mentalities?

Blizzard have introduced a major problem that didnā€™t exist in Vanilla and your best counterpoint is about not being able to /who the other faction.

Youā€™re cherry-picking itching for an argument. I hope they remove the PvE server too and we have 1 PvP server only FOREVER.

1 Like

Cherry-picking would require me to not address everything you wrote.

Also you want to talk cherry picking but a major problem has been introduced and youā€™re picking specific small time scenarios that the restriction may alleviate to a small degree as reasonings outside of ā€œI like itā€. Come on.

Itā€™s fine of course for you to disagree and I have no issue with that, but please donā€™t come in here acting like it makes good sense and then call me out for questioning this manure.

Ok Iā€™ll bite.

Why do you care about /who the other faction?

The fewer people /whoā€™ing knowing where Iā€™m farming/heading or where a guild is congregating the better. The less convenient that is and the longer it takes to figure that out the better.

forced side-picking

You choose a side and you know youā€™re not swapping back and forth unless you pay money or delete your char (which happened in vanilla to solve your ā€˜problemā€™ if people didnā€™t want to change servers or buy a 2nd account.

greater chance of rivalries because there will be a stronger us vs them mentality.

I do understand that. I also understand if youā€™re not bouncing back and forth between alliance and horde being buddy-buddy cross-faction/guild every other day because you can play both sides thereā€™s far less of that. Nothing worse than people not fighting because ā€˜thatā€™s my alliance guildā€™.

Blizzard have introduced a major problem that didnā€™t exist in Vanilla and your best counterpoint is about not being able to /who the other faction.

Some of us donā€™t see it as a problem. Thatā€™s why I spoke up. There are plenty of good reasons to add even greater restrictions on PvP realms. Your argument is as much ā€˜I like itā€™ as mine. Iā€™m sorry you canā€™t see that.

1 Like