Faction restriction on OCE realms

Since there is the one PvP server for OCE, will the faction restriction be removed on it?

As it stands players will be forced onto the Normal realm, if they ever wish to roll the other faction. As someone who lives and dies by PvP realms this is really not good.

Each factions offers specialties the other does not, please don’t punish us for wanting to enjoy both.

Edited as I forgot the restriction doesn’t apply on Normal realms so this is a one-way issue for those of us who love the PvP realms. Or realm in this case.

4 Likes

Doubt it. Blizzard doesn’t want you playing both factions.

This restriction doesn’t exist on PVE. No-one is forced onto PVP.

1 Like

I don’t believe that is correct and that the restriction is a case of tradition and oversight.

Edit: I have never played on a Normal realm, forgot about that. Edited OP.

It doesn’t exist in Retail, and was reintroduced.

1 Like

Why are you forcing us onto PvE?

2 Likes

Here’s my solution:

Put all your mains on the OCE PVP server and your other faction alts on the most popular NA server.

I guess we have to pay for 2 accounts

1 Like

Yeah it’s really dumb that we only have 1 PVP realm.

Guess I’ll make my horde alts on NA. I’ll get used to the 200ms

This restriction doesn’t exist on PVE. No-one is forced onto PVP

Apologies I forgot that as I have never rolled on a non-PvP realm. Regardless, everyone on the PvP server (which will be the majority) will be forced onto a Normal realm if they wish to play the other faction.

It doesn’t exist in Retail, and was reintroduced .

What is your point here? The restriction was lifted many many many years ago and eventually server types were abolished and WM was introduced.

I don’t know why this posted on my alt.

You said they only kept it for tradition and oversight, but it was a deliberate and intentional act to make it that way again.

1 Like

It was added to Classic because that is how it was in vanilla. Tradition, no changes etc.

The oversight is that we have 1 PvP realm. In Vanilla there were multiple, even once “OCE” realms were introduced, so it was a non-issue.

1 Like

Pray that it becomes full almost instantly and they add another then, I guess.

I doubt that will happen, but I foresee that the single PvP Oceanic realm will quickly become heavily populated by Alliance. Given that Frostmourne players will play there and the majority of them play Alliance. Plus, yknow, Paladins.

I guess they will assess the situation and if it seems required, create a second PvP server for those who want to play the other faction.

:upside_down_face:

Right except due to the layering and the plan to abolish layers after p1 (and once the population lowers a bit I expect) there is no purpose to adding a second PvP server other than to overcome this issue.

It’s awesome we only have 1 PvP realm. There will be no spread across servers when majority quit.

There are still limits.

We honestly just need a third server, be that a pvp or rp-pvp.

or to make the PvE server another pvp one instead.

Barthilias exists too which will counteract the Ally pop

2 Likes

You have provided the Silly Idea of the Day, thanks for that…:upside_down_face:

Silly maybe but the vast majority of people play on pvp realms. PvE may as well be an afterthought