Faction que so dumb

Why is this still a thing? give factions to the RP crowd and let us dump this antiquated system that hamstrings game play.

Instead of making mercenary recruiters just mix horde/alliance pool and make team A/B and give them red/blue PvP flags so you don’t have to worry about comp/faction balence at the same time.

10 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this happens next expansion with the way its been going

We need factions that the player picks based on some world view. Almost like political parties except, you know, it’s based on war and how you should act.

We just keep venturing further from the game’s roots.

1 Like

Mixing factions…

1. Should lower Q times for most. But since some will be from the lower Q time, it might raise slightly. Basically evening them out.
  2. Has the potential to help with role balance. Obviously this is based on from many players a Qing at that time, but if 6 alli healer go at the same time 0 horde do…then they should be split them up.
  3. Has the potential to even out the play skill gaps. Not entirely and you will still have imbalances as this due to the player, nothing the program can see. But with the (bad) idea that alli are pve and horde are pvp, this could even out the “skilled pvpers” to mix and even out the “underskilled” ones.
  4. Can help the “racails are overpowered” arguement. Since factions would be mixed, the “usage” of said racials across the team should be evened out.

Obviously none of these are guaranteed, but all have the potential upsides.

Other than losing your “lore” aspect, I see nothing but gains for the player base by mixing factions in random bgs.

4 Likes

I think there might even be some “RP” justifications for this concept at this point. Horde that don’t like Sylvanas….Alliance that can’t accept Wrynn’s apparent collaboration with members of the Horde? I HATE the merc queue…so maybe this is a better option…

So long as faction is the first criterion for building teams for BGs there will either be uneven matches or very long queues. Cross faction groups would allow more criteria to even matches like matching players that queue together against similar teams, even healer distributions, maybe separation by item level or some other experience based measure.

if there is no faction conflict, how we gonna do wpvp then? and what gonna happen to WM? merging factions is good idea for BG standpoints but don’t see blizz have any easy fix for it.

They don’t need to remove factions to unify the queues, they just change the fantasy. Rather than being soldiers we’d be mercenaries or gladiators. They could even use it to incorporate questing into the PvP system by calling them contracts.

They wouldn’t need to break WM for this. It would apply to BGs, which is where this post was created… the BG forums. It would work EXACTLY like mercenary does now, but for everyone. You queue for BGs, you’re put into a large pool of players, when a BG pops, it splits people up into teams. Maybe you stay the same faction, maybe you don’t.

2 Likes

Nah, I still disagree unless there’s specifically an opt in/opt out component. Same faction teams are already pitted against one another in rated BG’s because nothing takes a backseat to the integrity of competition in that format.

In randoms? Engineering items and insane potions, etc. are all usable because it’s a solo queue, casual experience that’s more meant to be accessible and aligned with the faction war theme that’s been cultivated for a decade and a half.

How is that any different than what we have now? Besides that it would silence the racial ability blamers who no one should be listening to anyway. People would just post “republican favoritism” posts instead of horde. :sweat_smile:

I failed to mention there should be 3+

Then people would complain about how mogs are overpowered and not fair there mog was nerfed

Didn’t the most successful PvP games have factions and or sides ?

Obviously this tread is towards battleground, not world pvp.

Lmao fotm faction crying about Q’s. If you want fast Q’s don’t play the overpopulated fotm faction.

i agree with the OP, but i dont see them doing this now because its BfA

hopefully next expansion

i play both factions and i want them to do this

2 Likes

Have you lost your damn mind?!?!?! DO NOT TAKE AWAY MY 10 MIN Q TIMES!

1 Like

Could someone explain this to me? FOTM faction? when was the last time faction anything was changed? So how can there be FOTM? actually all i remember in the beginning was the advantage ally had in AV due to tower placement at bases and the ally could hide from archer fire and set up.
“crying about Q’s” So if anyone brings up a legitimate issue in game that is now considered “crying”?
Seems more like someone lacking emotional development to properly state their issues is making a child like attempt at insulting someone who can.

If im missing something please point it out

1 Like

Only for brawls…?