Faction population

Tell me the truth you actually think it’s design is good?

Well if they want to be paladins, alliance. Issue is with the knowledge people have now most players even the more casual players think in a minmax stand point. And naturally that takes PVP players to horde and pve players to alliance.

I just want to play horde for tauren and undead, but at the same time I don’t want to be waiting 20 minutes for bg to pop.

What’s the current mindset ?

As long as you can turn in at least one direction and you spend more than 5 minutes there remembering where at least 3 of the useful vendors are, then yes. It has the shortest walk of any city from Flight Master, to Bank, to AH… if you jump off the ledges. Only real downside is that they made UC much smaller from the Beta, removing an entire floor supposedly and the ruins or lorderon above.

I think its pretty neato.

1 Like

isnt pala stun, holy ?, and thus cant be resisted , unless it actually miss ?

Its already on forums so sadly we will have to seduce those retail mindsets back to classic.

1 Like

Hoj can be resisted by orcs.

Is this treated the same for spells as physical abilities though?

I know that spells must pass two checks (hit and resist).

Also I thought that everyone had a 5% base resist, so would that make it 30%, be a separate check (5% then 25%) or override the 5% base?

Dunno about that one but what I can say is if you watch any beta, pserver, or old vanilla PVP videos it seems much more frequently than even 30% it seems closer to 50-60% it’s absolutely massive.

Yeah but in pvp your dealing with diminishing returns on top of resist.

Which means kinda like Ironforge.
Imagine that.
:grin:

1 Like

Either way. Orc hardiness is probably single best racial.

1 Like

In pvp. It’s almost useless in pve.

1 Like

Yea but that’s exactly the point I was making. That the majority of PVP oriented players will be horde which will likely increase Q times for horde players.

Well. With xrealm, at least what I remember, q times were longer or shorter depending on your faction.

In my battlegroup, at least, alliance almost never queued WSG because we never won it. AV, however, was easily the most popular.

This had significant affects on the q times as horde would sit in q’s for hours and never get into WSG, which were instant for alliance.

On the other hand, q times were fairly long for AV for alliance.

1 Like

If they would simply add a feature where you could que to play for either side, regardless of faction, the queues would be significantly lower but all of the purists getting their panties in a wad will prevent that from happening so thank them for the long que times continuing forever.

I could see that for tbc on but I think classic with shaman and paladin being exclusive it would be dumb

1 Like

Please just let me hate the Alliance and the people that play them in peace.

I did not like playing Arena against my Guild members as much as I did running down the Gnome Mage that I fought with in the 29’s, 39’s, 49’s and 60 brackets.

2 Likes

It can and will be resisted quite frequently by orcs.

thats strange, couse holy spells have no resist at all, if i drink a potion that give me 25% resistance to all schools of magic, i still dont get any holy resistance, atleast i dident in classic… you sure of this ?

yea but holy spells have no resist at all, even if you drink 25% extra resist potion, its still zero, since holy… that was the thing in classic, holy couldent be resisted, you can miss though…

HoJ counts as a stun. Therefore it applies to stun mechanics such as orc resist and DR.