Faction population

thats really strange, its a spell, and spell has its own resistances, first you check if the spell hits, then you check if its resisted, i doubt very much in classic there was a third check it was resisted couse of it being a stun… that resistance should be added to the base resist, wich dosent exist, since its holy…

thats how things worked in classic as far as i know… i suggest you go check the spell, as far as i know all sources lists HOJ as holy spell

i mean if it uses some other mechanic, and not being a holy spell, then it wouldent need spell hit ?. wich we know it does

It’s a spell. But the mechanic is a stun.

I don’t know why you are trying to debate this. It has been counted as a stun, and therefore resistible as one, since it was added into the game.

Repentance is also a holy spell, but it also is considered an incompacitate.

Paladins only cast holy spells unless they are autoattacking. Everything they do is “holy”.

1 Like

yea, but i have honestly never seen the spell resited in classic, ever…

and i feel its strange since a modifier have to aplied to something, in this case base spell resistance, wich holy dosent have, its a spell since it uses spell hit… and again, i doubt there was a third reist phase just for orcs…

i mean take shadow, shadow have stuns and fear effects, those effects are based on shadow resist, wich all have a base of 5%… there isnt a third phase to check if your feared or stunned, either you resist shadow spell based on it being shadow, or you dont…

Thats how i recall it workign in classic, maybe i remember wrong, but fact remains, holy CANT be resisted, and all spells except holy have a base resistance

Blackout proc can be RESISTED as well do to the stun resist from my understanding. So while they may be spells and have their own school holy or shadow of the actual mechanic is a “stun” then it appears to apply to the orc racial regardless and has at minimum 25% resist without extra magic resist.

yes blackout is resisted with shadow reistance, everyone have a base of 5%

That’s not the point, point was the orc racial contributes to it also.

yes since shadow spells can be resisted as far as i know, in classic holy couldent… but a everything needs a mechanic, and that mechanic follows a string of code…

again example a spell first needs to hit, then it gets checked if its resitsted or not… that resitance is based upon 5%, unless its holy, holy cant be resisted…

The target isn’t resisting the spell. The spell does no damage, however.

It’s resisting the stun.

If someone resists any stun of any kind it is resisted in the combat log. All stuns are also subject to DR. Which means players can also become immune to HoJ.

1 Like

you missing the point, a shadow spell that stuns you is resisted with shadow resistance… now if you are resisting stun that is derived from a holy spell that cant be resisted, and sole perpose is to stun you, what are you using to resist it ?, whats the base ?..

You can go all the way back with a simple Google search to the old forums where they discussed orc resist resisting hoj, blackout, charge, trinkets, bash, kidney, cheap shot, and grenades I believe.

1 Like

mhmmm, and your not getting it…

Please clarify, because I feel you are not lol. And I mean that sincerely. What am I missing ? I understand it’s a spell, and that’s holy does not get resisted. But it is a stun also. And from everything I’ve seen (first hand, and the forums) any stun regardless of school of magic etc can be resisted by orcs.

never mind ill just ask Kevin next time he streams… im asking for what base is used to resist a spell thats holy… blackout is resisted with shadow resist, certain stuns is resisted with fysical means, but what is the base means a stun derived from a holy spell…

for example Nelf have a 10 modifier to nature, giving them 15 in nature resist, if they drink a potion they could have 40 in nature resist…

A wreck to navigate???

Its a circle…

1 Like

More like 3 circles within a circle

Im like it but I know why people dont,

Its because its a perfect circle and the only real way to know where you are at when your in the mid is by looking at your map. Every other city you can turn your map off and have no problem finding everything you need to find. UC is very directional based.

1 Like

Ah, I understand now. Alliance players have difficulty with simple shapes.