Faction population

I’m sure it won’t be an issue. There’s no blood elves

Have you been to Orgrimmar in Vanilla? There are so many spikes, some of them are low res 2 dimentional.

Smart folks already know what the faction/class percentages are going to be. Straw polls are pointless because most people aren’t going to take the poll, assuming they even use the forum. You also don’t know how many realms you’re getting, nor who is going where.

Are you said smart folk? Could you share some of your wisdom with us peasants ?

For PVP…no. stoneform is good no doubt along with escape even though it has a cast time. But by far hardiness and will are going to be the most sought after.

1 Like

Bg’s yes. However, you could definitely tell if you went out in the world to grind mats.

BFA also does roles if I recall, which classic doesn’t have. So no need to wait for 2 healers or whatever.

Also less choice of BGs so they should pop quicker.

I wouldn’t mind this too much, but I could see some complications.

Always positive and negative. Server balance is usually a pretty important and having one side overwhelm the other on pvp or even PVE server just makes X-Realm BGs come that much sooner. Makes the game less of the world in either instance. Its far more important than people give it credit for.

1 Like

This is the correct answer.

Horde racials are much more geared towards pvp… while alliance racials are alot better for pve…

wich gears alot of the more competetive elements to said side, there is a reason, 36 classic bosses was alliance first and only , 7 horde… or something like that

but regardless if total pop is CR, then all horde will go in a pool and all alliance will go into anouther pool, and more horde roll for pvp, wich means there will be more horde yoining the pool, wich means longer wait times…

1 Like

Pvping without a paladin is not ideal, i think it will be much more balanced in classic.

1 Like

Horde will dominate PvP just because horde PvPs more, not necessarily that there will be more horde players.

1 Like

I mean shaman bring good utility to PVP as well. Chain lightning in av is nuts

Yeap, most all of my toons date back to nilla

And to my point, it was in a scenario in panda land where we are attacking a Orc sea port and a NPC goes on about spikes :slight_smile: TBC orcs in outlands had more spikey stuffs than Org. Side bar, I think that Cata redesign gave Org its finished look that they did not have time for at nilla release.

PvP focused racials are.
Shadow meld
perception
escape artist
stone form

Will of the forsaken

The rest of the actives for horde are pretty much not focused for pvp.
There a bit more for pve.

Passives of orc are ok for pvp some people will focus them down.
Trolls active is good everywhere

For faction population balance usually someone will run a program that checks the average population on a secret web page.

Cross realm bg ruins server faction pvp, but helps the lives of the fulls who don’t care about server balance, blizzard employees who used to be wow players usually hate pvp so they are more incline to separate raids in patches but not crbg.
Really wish they’d push it up to nax phase where it belongs.

The alliance will pretty much wipe the floor with the horde because they are most likely going to wait until they get best in slot raid gear, so expect longer ques for horde maybe if what you say is true.
So expect the unexpected slow ques at first then faster boom.

I think you’re underselling Hardiness.

In Classic, combat in PvP doesn’t last very long. 25% stun resist can possibly shut down certain classes’ ability to dominate, without even doing anything or spending any resources. Sure, it requires luck, but 25% is pretty huge. Orcs can be a nightmare for anyone reliant on stuns. It’s far and away the Orc’s best racial, since Blood Rage is too narrow in benefit and incredibly painful in weakness.

1 Like

It’s 25% base not calculating any talents or anything or gear. 25% is massive paladins one cc will be resisted. Rogues… Good luck. I think it also effects spriest blackout procs

1 Like

So do you see the faction populations being like what it was back in 2004 with Alliance over-populated, or what it is today with Horde over-populated? What will the current Blood Elf players play?

1 Like

I hope im wong but i don’t want the current mindset of retail on factions plague classic. Hopefully blizzard will force a % allowed and have few servers to make it work.

Its a circle.

1 Like