Faction Imbalance = Dead Game

Honestly, some people just don’t get it. They see what they want to see. I agree with you.

It’s not even Horde racials… sure, that’s one piece of the puzzle. But there’s also…

• Long Horde queue times. If you can only play once a night, you’ll make the most of it. You’ll try harder to win and maximize the honor gained because it’s your only chance. Alliance, on the other hand, can bail and just re-queue for another.
  • AV map favours Horde. Yes it does.
  • Instant queue’s cultivate botter and afk mentality because it’s more efficient. Less efficient with long queue’s. Alliance suffer from more afk’ers by far.

None of these advantages on their own would be that big a deal. So deniers tend to isolate them to prove that even if it were true, it’d only increase the win rate by like 5%. That may be true, but cumulatively, it’s easy to see how they add up to produce, let’s say… a 66% win rate. Then, once Alliance realize they’re twice as likely to lose just by default, it becomes really hard to take it too seriously. They stop trying. They become disheartened and collapse. They join the afk’ers, thus fueling the cycle.

It’s easy to see how that snowballs to 95% quickly.

IMO - queue times is the biggest culprit. And that boils down to faction imbalance as the root cause. This absolutely could be managed better by Blizzard but they’ve chosen not to.

1 Like

Can you get yourself into a freaking AV or two before you spew this garbage?

Ok fella here’s how dive bombing goes;

The horde ride center map towards SF and depending on how many alliance are going to engage SF or try to run past, dictate what they do. If the alliance engage SF then they all pile onto SF. If the Alliance try to head south then they pinch off those alliance by frost nova, charge hamstring fear and every other tool they can use to thin the herd. Leaving a few to go guard the SF cap.

Now you have maybe 15 people that make it south and pile into the towers…

You just gave the horde SF, and the inevitable recall to clean you up will start with a small wave at first which will count how many are needed and inevitably enough to clear you out is sent off.

Try again.

It’s always been seen even since vanilla that horde racials and shamans are offensive based. Alliance racials and paladins are defensive based.

I wonder what works better in a game where you win by attacking and taking over objectives. For alliance to win they must play better than horde. It cannot be said the other way.

And for every fear WotF breaks, Fear Ward stopped it completely… and assuming they applied it when they buffed themselves, they can literally apply it right after it’s been used.

The arguments against horde racials are pure garbage.

Paladins are better at smaller scale fights like what you will see in AB and WSG. Not large scale PuG on PuG fights where the DPS is spread out and you can only single target heal.

Give me the AOE heal over that every day of the week.

How many dwarf priests are their versus the Undead population? Lord knows every battleground I’m in has about 10-12 dwarf priests in them!

:slight_smile:

Also love how, in your scenerio…I need to rely on another player to break fear. Where as an undead player can just…you know…rely on themselves to break fear.

Also would love to know how a human can use diplomacy in battlegrounds?

What are you talking about? If Fear Ward has been placed on you, then it will stop the first fear.

Does Chuck actually believes all the things he is saying? Or is he a master troll?

Could you elaborate on which part or parts are garbage? If I’m to gain anything from your vast wealth of knowledge I’ll have to know what you’re referring to.

Ahh! So the Horde are counteracting the Alliance! That’s interesting. They’re reacting to how they play in order to counter them. Very interesting indeed.

There’s no way they could stop a group of 40 if that group worked together to keep themselves alive. I believe that Horde doing this is effective, but not because it’s impossible to counteract.

Alliance would need to actually stop and defend their friends in order to get a larger group to the South.

And even if many of them are stopped they can keep trying to go south. There’s no good reason they shouldn’t be able to get enough people down there.

lol read it again

I’m not talking about a dwarf priest casting it on another target. I’m talking about it being cast on itself… just as WotF can only be used by then undead.

Right…so IF some other player rolls a priest, and IF they also rolled a dwarf, and IF they happen to be in the same battleground as I am and IF they are paying attention to my situation, and IF the spell off cooldown…I will be in a better position to break fears than some guy who rolled an undead.

Yup! Absolutely the same!

Now you’re comparing apples to oranges.

WotF can only be used by that undead player. So we will assume the dwarf is only going to cast it on himself

Yes. If I’m wrong about something please correct me. I place a high value on knowledge and understanding. It’s much more important to me than my ego.

Please submit your point of view for my consideration.

No other player relies on an Undead to break their fear… so why would YOU rely on someone else??

Well I’m destroying your ideology that the racials are balanced because of fearward given the fact that it’s a base racial given that makes the individual self reliant as to when they would want to use it versus needing to rely on some other player who will cast it on you.

Not even in the same ball park.

If i had 1g for every charge resist… but life goes on. Shadowmeld does allow me to get the jump so its all g.

You’re not understanding what I’m saying dude.

If you are not a Dward Priest, then forget about it. It’s not going to save you.
JUST like if you are not an Undead player, it’s not going to save you.

I’m comparing WotF with Fear Ward ONLY used by the casters.
THAT, I can compare.

Fearward is great. Not every priest is a dwarf. You get that, ya? Having a great spell buried in a combination of class and race isn’t on the same level as having a spell buried in just race.

Jeebus.

Hence the importance of having great RACIALS…

Ok, fair point. I get what you’re saying.

But then we have to also look at the fact that 40% of Horde players are UD and only 10% of Alliance are Dwarf. And 10% of those Dwarves are priests.