Faction Change missing portals

Hi there,

I’ve recently done a faction change from Horde to Ally and now my portal to Silithis and back to Boralus no longer exists even tough I had it from Silthis to the Seal on the horde side?

I read that I had to do the war campaign chain to get to Boralus which I did and still no portals.

How do I fix this? I really don’t want to do the entire Alliance campaign just so see if I eventually get a portal there to get to the Chamber…

Cheers.

Id open a stuck on quest ticket and explain the situation and mention a faction change was done.

Are you able to try this? It worked for someone else in a recent thread. If that doesn’t work, then you’re going to want to open a ticket. Use the Stuck on Quest category.

1 Like

I’ve already finished the Black Empire Campaign, that’s not the issue atm… its just getting too and from the heart that is the issue.

Edit Never mind… the portal just appeared in the portal room

1 Like

SOLUTION (confirmed working for horde-to-alliance-xfer in 8.3)

For Boralus: Go to Stormwind, pick up Tides of War. Follow Jaina to Boralus, skip all the scenarios if you want. Follow the intro quests in Boralus until you complete the quest “Sanctum of the Sages”. Wait for the Stormwind portal to appear - go through it, load into the Stormwind portal room, turn around and take the Boralus portal back (it should be working now.)

Now you’ll probably discover that you can’t get into the Chamber of Heart either. If this is the case, go to the campaign ship in Boralus harbor, talk to Greymane and start the quests to go to Nazjatar. Follow in the Nazjatar introduction until Jaina helps you open the portal back to Boralus. Magni should now give you a quest to meet him in Silithus to talk about Essences. Go through the Naz portal to Boralus, then to Silithus, and now your Heart Chamber door should be working. Get the quest to go to Highmountain, do that whole thing, come back, and you’ll get the 8.3 campaign quest from Anduin as soon as you finish equipping your first Essence onto your Heart.

3 Likes

yah but i don’t want to redo that stuff. I shouldn’t have to do that again

You aren’t, when you get down to the nitty-gritty.

Technically speaking, you haven’t done it yet for your new faction, so you need to do it the first time.

2 Likes

I fixed this : abandoned the quests Tides of War after I completed a couple other quests I was given when first logging in. I first tried a few things…taking the boat from SW to Boralus…boat never showed up ; got a mage to port me to Boralus…no portals there, took the boat from Boralus to SW but it took me to Alterac Valley warfront entrance; flew back to SW where I abandoned the quest then re-accepted it again, went to the Keep and low and behold the Tide of War quest worked! Hoped this helps someone else!

3 Likes