Faction Change and Reputation

Hi, so I was wondering if, when you faction change, will you be able to earn rep through quests that you have completed the previous equivalent of on the other faction?

For instance, I’ve done all the quests for Kul’Tiras (Proudmoore Admirality Rep) if I faction change to horde, knowing that Proudmoore Rep will convert to Zandalari evenly, will I be able to earn rep from Zandalari questlines?

You should, yes. When you faction change the BfA reputations convert to the other faction equivalent but the story-lines do not. You are able to do all the zone stories from the other side. It should give you the rep from them as if you had leveled that faction normally.

I remember seeing a forum post where someone stated they faction changed but weren’t awarded any rep for quests they completed the previous faction equivalent of so I wanted to make sure.

Was hoping to get a blue response before dishing out 30$ on a faction change.

Do you mean will you be granted reputation that you may have earned from equivalent quests that you did on the opposite faction? No.

Many of the reputations do convert to the faction specific version as outlined in the Support Article.

Reputations

When you faction change, faction specific reputations will convert. Visit our Faction Change Reputation Conversion page for a conversion breakdown.

Note : Allied Race reputations are neutral. Converting to or from an Allied Race—e.g. Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei—will have no effect on those reputation levels.

• Other faction-specific reputations convert into their cross-faction equivalents if one exists. Neutral reputations are not affected, except for Sunreavers and Silver Covenant, which revert to Neutral
  • Faction-specific items, titles, and completed character specific achievements convert to their cross-faction equivalents
1 Like

Yea basically trying to understand if I do quests ( which I have completed the Alliance equivalent of ) will I earn reputation for doing said quests?

If you’re trying to get clarity on whether or not you’ll earn experience twice from the “same” quest, I don’t think the system is designed to block that from happening.

But I could be wrong.

They aren’t the same quests. The Horde and Alliance don’t share quests in BfA like they did in Legion. Opening up Drustvar on the Horde only opens up the Horde flight points so they can “invade”. On Alliance it does a series of stories talking about the Drust and the people and animals being possessed.

2 Likes

this leads me to say that you will not get rep for story quests in the horde zones. So if you completed 1 one of the 3 zones story quests you will not get rep from 1 of the horde zones story quests. Hope that make sense?

It does to me. I’m just not sure myself. I haven’t faction-changed outside of Beta, and that was before I tested any content on that character.

Well thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it

1 Like

Let me add something into this:

Say I have earned the rep and achievements to earn the Kul Titan allied race as Alliance. If I were to purchase a faction change, would the rep and achievements mirror on the Horde side? In short, can I spend 30 bucks to unlock Zandilari Trolls (and the other races)?

Yes to the reputation, no to the achievements.

3 Likes